Certery / Check Declined

1 Richland, WA, United States Review updated:

We had opened an account only a week before with plenty of money to last for some time. We went to buy some special things to add on to our daughters wii game; plus some new clothes/ hangers/pillows etc. When we got to the register and wrote out the $130.37 check it came back denied. We luckily had money in another bank account and was able to use the debit card for that account. When I called they said it was due to poss fraud/ identity theft. We thought maybe due to it being a new account maybe there was a security feature on it we were not aware of; but that was not the case at all!! So since Target has chosen to continue use of this company I will be limiting my shopping there, and I have paid off in full my credit card with them. I was embarrassed to say the least about the whole situation.
I am glad I have found this site out and appreciate knowing some of the places I will not be shopping with a check anymore.
Keith & Delia Zarndt

Comments

Bg
  12th of May, 2009

If you did call the number on the back of the check and they told you it was due to possible identity theft, that is for your safety. They are trying to protect you, and you aren't even grateful. And if your check is declined, don't get mad at the store employees. We don't control that.

Ke