Certegy / check declined in albertsons!

Fullerton, CA, United States
My husband was waiting for the bank to issue him a new debit card. Until then he went to Albertsons to buy some food and wrote a check out for $176 dollars and it was DECLINED. Our joint account had over $3000 in it so there is NO excuse for this.

The Albertsons checker just handed my husband a card to call some company called "Certegy" which is responsible for declining his check. I called and it TOOK forever to get a person. Once I did he said he sees no reason why it was declined but gave me another 800 # to call so I could find out why that happened. (We want to make sure it doesn't happen again!) My husband was embarrassed and mad after filling his shopping cart full of food to stand at the check out and be told his check is no good in front of all kinds of people. This is bullcrap!

Anyway...when the one guy at Certegy gave me the other 800 # you can't get a REAL live person. Its some auto caller where you talk in and give your information. After it gets your check number it tells you to HOLD on and your call will be handled in the order it was recieved. Well guess what...NO ONE EVERY ANSWERS. I have tried over 4 times now. I have waited on the phone each time for OVER 30 minutes and you just listen to the same thing over and over.

We have a RIGHT to know WHY the check was denied by this company "Certegy". I googled them and I see they have been in lots of trouble for declining checks and have had major lawsuits against them. So since that is true...why do these stores continue to use them?????!!! We are so pissed of at Albertsons. They KNOW my husband for the last 14 years...we are GOOD customers. But they just LOST us..we will shop some where else from now on if they are going to use a LAME a#$ company like that.

I am calling Albertsons tomorrow to tell them we wont' be coming back and why! I want the store manager to know that Certegy is some garbage company that doesn't even have a LIVE person to talk too. It leaves you on hold after it takes your routing number and checking account number...now I'm really worried. I thought I was SAFE since Albertsons gave my husband this card to call about the problem.

I am so ticked off about this. Anyone that has had problems with their check being declined by Certegy...call the STORE that you were declined at and let them know that you will NOT be shopping at their store anymore if they are going to continue to do business with Certegy. Our checks are GOOD. We hardly ever write a check when we are out...but that was SO EMBARRASSING to my poor husband. Everyone looked at him like he was some bum trying to get over. Albertsons and Certegy should both be so ashamed of themselves. No excuse for this!

One very MAD customer!