Certegy / check cashing

Fort Myers, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 239-233-3587
I had my first experience with Certigy when I was totally humilliated at a Walgren store. When my check was declined, I made them let me call Certigy and made everyone in the store wait while they asked all the confirming information and still would not clear my check. I was told my check writing habits alerted them and there was nothing negative to make them decline my check. I subsequently had them send me "an application" so I could write checks where ever they did business. Filled the paperwork out and haven't heard from them. Two more times I have since had this problem at Publix and Ross Dept Store. I don't know how I got in their system or how to find out what stores use them. It is really a humiliating experience. I have to say I had a heated discussion with them by phone after my Publix experience since this has never happened their before. How do you get out of their system? Wish I knew.
Jo

Comments

Si
  3rd of Oct, 2008
This happened to me at walmart, I had a state issued check, never wrote a check at walmart either. Nor have I ever returned anything or bought anything from them with a bad credit card. I was embrassed as well in front of people. I called certigy and got the same information I understand not revealing how to perform fraud. But I want to know what information about me they have that says I am a fraud risk. If someone has used my identity I want to know they are not helping me out here. I think I have to right to know what kind of information somone is collecting in reference t o me. I tried another check with them and was declined also. I am the common tie between these checks and my social security number. If they ask for that why what are they doing with my Social Security number? They said there was no problem with the check and no problem with me but they could not cash the check? Um what?? I asked did they look at my credit report they said no.. I asked who they get their information from I was told walmart. Why would walmart pay a third party company to tell themselves somthing they already know. Then I asked how am I supposed to cash this check since its after bank hours I have no gas or groceries. They said go some where that does not use certigy??? How do I know who?? This also mean that its not walmart its actually certigy that has this information. They say its somthing about patterns that relate to fraud? How is the act of cashing a check different between people all checks being cashed would be similar to fraud so everyone should be declined. I want to know how I as an individual am resembeling the act of a crook now not only am I embarresed because I am humiliated in front of the cashier and the other customer who see my face and remember it as having done somthing that I didnt do to be either a bad check writer or a crook. If your a lawyer and this is a case contact me at Transfer2box@hotmail.com.

FISGlobal.com / Certegy Logo FISGlobal.com / Certegy