Certegy Check Services / non-authorization of check!

1 PO Box 30046, Tampa, FL 33630-3046Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-740-3273

On 18 Mar 08, I attempted to write a check for grocery purchase at a local grocery store chain in North Hampton, NH. The check was not authorized for the purchase. I have written checks for purchases at this and other of their stores over the years. There has never been a problem until this. The store clerk handed me a preprinted card with information from Certegy Check Services along with a telephone number to call to make an inquiry on the matter. I am not familiar with Certegy. I called their Customer Service Center, and although the representative was polite, she, in my opinion, wanted too much personal information and I declined to provide it. All I wanted to know was why the check was not authorized for the purchase. I was concerned if something happened to my credit, payment history, or bank accounts. On 19 Mar 08, I confirmed my bank accounts are intact and Credit History is excellent via an on-line Credit History request.

I was able to conduct an on-line search and determined there are a great number of complaints against Certegy for the same reason as my complaint as well as other types of complaints. A look into the Better Business Bureau records located where Certegy's home office is located in Florida disclosed "Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with BBB due to one or more unresolved complaint(s)." The question is still unresolved as to why this occurred. Until this is resolved, I will decline to conduct any further business at the chain's stores and will inform friends and family of this incident so it does not happen to them. Complaints filed with FTC, the store's home office and BBB in Florida.

Ah

Comments

4th of Apr, 2008

Is there a class action suit that i can join concerning certegy check services. anyone please reply. urgent
    How can i stop this practice asap

• Li
      7th of May, 2008

My husband and I went to cash a check at a casino in Minnesota, when I was handed back the hundred dollar check along with a little card with certigy's number on it and was told to call them
    I called and they told me there was someone who cashed a check a saturday before the saturday I tried to cash mine and it was a similar number to my check number so I used my debit card at the ATM instead. I thought nothing of this until I got a card in the mail saying certigy was under a law suite for fraud and I could be one of the victims. I'm thankful I did not confirm any information to certigy about my bank account, but they probably already had it from the casino. I wish I new the websight to check for my name . there was an article in Readers Diguest with a web sight on it, but I don't remember the web sight.

• Cr
      31st of May, 2008

THIS COMPANY IS WELL KNOWN FOR ITS PRIORS WITH REGUARDS TO SAFEGUARDING OUR PERSONAL INFO...I AM ONE OF THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AFFECTED BY THIER PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO RUN A BUSINESS. THANKS TO CERTEGY MUCH OF MY INFORMATION WAS GIVEN TO ILLEGALS VIA TELEMARKETING WHEN ONE OF THIER EMPLOYEES DECIDED TO SELL MY INFORMATION TO THEM...THANKS CERTEGY. YOU REALLY ARE NOT A TRUSTWORTHY BUSINESS. THANKS TO YOU I NOW HAVE SEVERAL CREDIT CARDS THAT I DIDN'T EVEN APPLY FOR AND ARE NOW ON MY CREDIT REPORT. I BLAME EQUIFAX EVEN MORE FOR HIRING A THIRD PARTY IN THE FIRST PLACE. BECAUSE OF YOU I CAN'T EVEN MOVE OUT OF WHERE I LIVE AND I LISTEN TO GUN FIRE EVERY NIGHT. BECAUSE OF YOU MY CREDIT IS DESTROYED AND OTHER THAN AN ACT OF GOD NOTHING WILL STOP ME FROM SUING THE PANTS RIGHT OFF OF YOUR WHITE COLLARD BOSSES. OH AND BY THE WAY THE LAWYERS HAVE THE PROOF. THIS COMPANY SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSED AND SHUT DOWN RIGHT AWAY YET YOU ARE STILL ALLOWED TO HAVE PEOPLES PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT RIGHT THERE SHOULD BE EVERYONES FIRST SIGN THAT WHAT HAPPENED WITH MR. SULLIVAN WILL HAPPEN AGAIN WITH SOMEONE ELSE WHO JUST WANTS TO MAKE A BUCK OFF OF UNSUSPECTING AMERICANS WHO ARE JUST TRYING TO LIVE...I HATE YOU PEOPLE!

7th of Jul, 2009

I too tried to cash a $92 Federal check at Wal-Mart here in Florida and was declined. Why are they claiming they can cash checks for $3, but don’t? I gave them 2 pieces of Government Picture I.D’s and my social security card. All they asked me was that if I use another name. I do not. Still no answers but based on everyone’s experience, Certegy Check Services must be a fraud.