Certegy Check Services / edd risk check???

Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

About a week ago I went to Walmart to the vision center department to get some lenses, but had some trouble with my transaction to be approved, I had to called twice the Certegy Check Services # [protected] and finally on the second time they approved it. Well today I went to the Service Center to cash my Unemployment check for $475.00 and was unable to do it, I called the Certegy Check Services again and they told me they were unable to authorize my transacion based on that the check I was holding from the State of California, The Employment Development Department it was a risk check... and in the future checks I get or issued will have 50% probabilities to be denied. Can u believe this???? This is very frustraiting and definetly I don't agree with the way they do bussines.

Ma

Comments

• Zs
      5th of Mar, 2010

Last night I went to a local Walmart store to cash my EDD checks for the previous 2 week period. Two checks for $380. I was told by a Walmart employee that they could not cash a check from the State of California based on the info provided to them by Certegy Check Services, so I had to scramble around town at that late hour (about 8:15pm) to find a Check Cashing place, where I would be twice the $3 check cashing fee that Walmart advertises.
    The next day I contacted Certegy and talked to both a customer service rep and a supervisor in the same department. They told me simply that the check--and not my identity or past check history--were the cause of the decline. They told me that the EDD check fit certain "patterns" that their computer looks for in detecting fraud or identity theft. I found it hard to swallow this crap as these were truly state checks that I have cashed for the last 3 years at check cashing places, Union Bank, Bank of America, and US bank. I asked them, because supposedly, according to the Fair Credit act, I have a right to know what it is that they think they know that specifically caused the decline. Certegy stated that the "check patterns" looked for are "proprietary" and that no one knows them and those who mioght know won't disclose them to me!!! So in other words, I was declined based on some phantom "patterns" in a government check, based on the decisions of a MACHINE operating on secret or unknown programming---which means I have no effective means of recourse. I mentionned that even in American jurisprudence, an accused person has the right to face his accuser--but not with Certegy. With Certegy the computer reigns, a man is reduced to a dependent, slave, and has no way to clear himself or even know the reason that his reputation is sullied in the largest retail store in America. This is very frightening to me and should be equally disturbing to everyone reading this, that Walmart has given decision-making power over the lives of its customers to a machine whose program is secret between a few and a mystery to most---and is completely fallible and INACCURATE as it was in the case of my measley EDD Unemployment Benefit Check. But above all, Certegy itself, must be seen with the highest level of suspicion and distrust.

• In
      13th of Jun, 2010

WELL MY DEAR IM SORRY THAT CERTEGY WOULD NOT TELL U WHY ..BUT I WILL.. THERE R THEIVES OUT
    THEIR WHO USE THOSE NUMBERS..ON THE STATE CHECK, , 2 DEFRAUD THE STATE EVERY DAY IN EXCESS OF 100 000.00 ADAY NO JOKE.. THE IS THE ONE WHO NEEDS 2 CHANGE THERE WAY OF PAYMENT..

SINCERLY THE REAL IN THE KNOW AND UNFORTUNATLEY IN THE WIND