Certegy / personal check declined

My husband and I were both recently victims of the "Certegy Idiots" . Sorry, but my blood is still boiling!
We shop at GameStop in our local town all the time and spend plenty of money there....... that is until recently. We went to purchase an XBox 360. The first check we wrote was for 303.00 and written by me, it was declined for reason "2". I thought okay this is definitely a mistake, maybe their computers are crapped out.... but no, the next day my husband went back and his check was declined as well and for the same reason. I , like everyone else was given a # to call, which consisted of a recording saying that not enough information was found, but that Certegy did show that we had no negative check writing history!!!

Hello isn't that what its all about!!! OK here it is for anyone out there wanting to know the number to actually chew out a real live person from Certegy, but believe me they will tell you the same thing!!! But at least you get your compliant in!!............. [protected]. Thats it good luck and we are all for sueing!!! btw. last July our checking account # was one of the millions sold by one of certegys employees, back in July 07!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Bo
      16th of May, 2008

Sueing for what? Minor inconvience? Get a debit card.

• Lu
      19th of Jan, 2011
    Certegy - personal checks decline
    Ann Taylor, Lord & Taylor
    7950L Tyson"s Corner Center
    McLean
    Virginia
    Phone: 703-893-0777

On 1-03-2011, I went to Lord & Taylor in Mclean, to purchase a facial cream for the amount of $50.93, my check was decline for no reason. On 1-10-2011, it happen again, this time at Ann Taylor in Mclean VA, I wrote a check for the amount of $94.96, it was decline for no reason. On 1-16-2011, the same situation at Lord & Taylor, in Mclen, VA. I have tried to call Certegy a 1-800-248-7939, and Ican't talk to anybody or get disconnected. I have the right to now why my checks are being rejected, this has never happened!!! This are stores that I have shopped for more than 30 years!! I call my Bank and asked if there was a problem, I was told the problem was with CERTEGY . My checking account has more than enough to covered this small amounts. I have the right to have a written report from this financial institution. I have been force to charge this purchases on my Visa. I have a very good credit thank god! All this has been very upsetting, not to mention the embarrassment.