Certegy / multiple declined checks

1 United States

I had been declined in October for writing a check for "fitting a computer module for possible fraud" and having nothing negative associated with my account, or check writing history.

Then why decline me if I have no negative history.

Their answer was to fill out an application to achieve "elevated VIP" check writing status with their firm, that still has no guarantee that I will not be humiliated again by having my check declined.

Out shopping yesterday for maternity clothes, I was declined again, for the same reason. My husband tried to purchase with a check right after me for the maternity clothes, and he too was declined.

I was given the same answer, nothing negative reflected on my account, in fact, they stated I had an extensive history with their clients. After having my bank contact them, I too was told they elevated me to VIP status, but that again, does not mean that I will not be declined again.

These people need to be shown that they cannot get away with humiliating us, with no good reason, by declining our checks. I will cease my business with their clients, until they too get the message that I/ We will not stand for being treated this way.