Ceridian FSA Services / Ceridian's customer service quality is close to the very bottom

1 P O Box 534134Saint Petersburg, FL, United States Review updated:

After over 20 or so attempts in an eight-week span and being bounced around, I couldn't get my FSA "approved" Claims paid even when it had been entered into their system. First, after about six months or so of having FSA deduction from my pay check, it was only about 2 months ago that they finally set up an account for me in their system. No one seems to know what's going on at this company; follow-up, and follow-through, is extremely poor. Been told a check would be cut a few times however, with no check received - needed to chase again and again, only to be told something different each time. I have been lost in their poorly integrated business structure, being tossed around and playing cat-and-mouse with their customer service reps. This Company should not be in the business of managing benefit accounts.

Va

Comments

• Ke
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I've had similar problems with the company. Every time I call with a complaint, I get a different story. Today after being connected, I was put on hold for 15 minutes while my file was being reviewed. I've learned that this company always likes to blame the former employer or insurance company for problems. Disgraceful.

• K
      9th of Oct, 2008

We're in the same situation with COBRA:

GOAL: get activated on COBRA for 1 month, to have a procedure done that's being cautious not to have a pre-existing condition:

1.Paid the application's documented amount, confirmed with Ceridian on the phone that is correct.
    2. Ceridian is slow to enter the check, thus we're caught in the next billing cycle, not activated, because we have to pay more.
    3. We pay the amount to make up the difference.
    4. See #2, all over again.

We've paid nearly $1300 for nothing but Ceridian bureaucracy. On top of that, their front-line support are totally incompetent, some are unbelievably rude, and the supervisory level above them will assure you they're doing something about it, but they're not.

I'm lobbying my former company to drop Ceridian. They're bottom of the barrel for anything I've seen.

• Ca
      10th of Oct, 2008

Ceridian is reaching the bottom of the barrell.

• Ra
      12th of Oct, 2008

I am a former Ceridian employee. You are all correct - it is the bottom of the barrel. 90% of employees are from Kelly Services, thrown onto the phones after a few weeks of training. Supervisors only care about short call handling times - the result or even the truth are of little concern. It is a red-tape megamess strangling on its own ineptitude. People - COBRA is not the only insurance available - get something else. COBRA is the worst, it fits only a handful of situations - was never meant to be an insurance provider. With the economy so bad and so many losing their jobs, everyone jumps on COBRA thinking there is no other option. Ceridian knows this and knows you can do nothing about it or against them...its all federally regulated. Your complaints cannot be handled by Ceridian, has to be congress.

• Ka
      13th of Oct, 2008

They constantly deny claims for doctors co-pay, prescription co-pays, and surgery copays. Why do they do this? They are horribe.

• Va
      16th of Oct, 2008

This year I have contribute $1800 to Ceridian. Last week I was laid off and at the same time I discovered my contributions to FSA will be forfeited and I will not be able to deduct my future medical bills from my FSA account and I will not be able to take the money out either. What gives? It seemed odd to me that my money can be forfeited so easily. After all I did my part, contributed to the account in good faith so I could use the money later for my medical needs. Suddenly I am laid off and my money will be lost. This isn’t the money my company paid for me, , it is my money. Does anyone has any suggestion on how to recover my money that is now locked away in Ceridian? I am thinking about taking Ceridian to small claims court, not kidding. It seems to me unreasonable that a system that is meant to help out with my insurance and medical bills is able to take my money. I would have understood if they had deducted the taxes and other normal payroll deductions and paid me the balance, but taking the whole thing?? Who designed this system and what were thinking? Forfeiting people’s hard earned money?

20th of Oct, 2008

Is seems to me as though they have a policy of initially denying all claims to see if you will follow through enough to get the denial overturned. Getting my money reimbursed to me shouldn't be like pulling teeth.

• Be
      22nd of Jan, 2009

This company should be sued for False advertising. They are at best an INflexible Spending Account ripoff. My history with them has been hit or miss for the past two years. They'll approve an office co-pay then disallow an office co-pay for the same doctor. They repeatedly send letters demanding I prove that the perscriptions they had previously approved through one of their approved vendors which has their FSA encoding on them, be re-submitted with the physicians order and the receipt ( which they already have) from the Pharmacy. I never have had a situation where there hasn't been money in the account. Last year they ripped me for about $35.00, all of which I tried repeatedly to apply to legitimate bills. I got tired of submitting receipts and making phone calls. Every one here should complain to their State Attorney General's office.

The idea is a good one and I have had good success with other administrators of FS accounts. Why my company went with this one is a mystery to me.

• Mi
      19th of Mar, 2009

I've tried in vain to set up a COBRA health care setup (Kaiser Permanente of the NW) with these yahoos as a retiree from a now bankrupt company (LandAmerica). I'm told I didn't respond in time to Ceridian's offer of COBRA benefits. Odd. I mailed back the application on the day I received it (Jan 7th), late enough in the day such that it would have been postmarked January 8th. The material I received from Ceridian said my application must be postmarked not more than ten days of the date of their cover letter (January 2nd). They tell me it was dated January 12th--still ten days from the date of their cover letter, but no matter--it's simply a lie.

Judging from the other consumer complaints against this outfit, I may get nowhere with them. The additional cost of a KPNW "portability plan, " with copays twice as high as that offered by Ceridian and much higher premiums, will set me back at least $40, 000 by the time I become Medicare-eligible.

This outfit is toxic.

16th of Jun, 2009

This is one of the most dysfunctional companies I have ever worked for. The entire goal of this company is to hide everything in a beauracratic blur. This company is blind to anything called customer service and in fact specializes in customer disservice!

• Je
      17th of Jun, 2009

Ditto Ditto Ditto...this company is an embarrassment. I honestly think they just steal our premiums and don't ever pay the insurance companies hoping we don't make claims.

• Um
      14th of Jul, 2009

If you are owned a refund and a Ceridian "superviser" promise that he/she will follow through, don't believe it and ask for a written confirmation at least, because soon as you hung up the phone, you will never hear a thing from Ceridian, and if you call back, you will never be able find the person you had talked before.

28th of Aug, 2009

Please contact the Better Business Bureau. We should all make this known so maybe something will happen. I have been fighting with them to send us a letter of notification to elect COBRA for over a month. It's absurd.

• Ho
      29th of Jan, 2010

I completely agree. I have been paying for 2 months and am payed up in advance. When trying to fill my perscriptions this week I was told I was denied. Red tape back and forth but my provider Blue Cross Blue Shield has been helpful and will be able to get this strait so that all I have to do is mail the check!

3rd of Feb, 2010

I am on month three trying to get Ceridian to send an invoice for COBRA- nothing. Emails and telephone calls all result in the same outcome - nothing. Am way beyond the 63 day period to sign up for COBRA and nothing from Ceridian. Will probably bite the bullet and get an individual policy but need a HIPAA letter of credible coverage to cover pre-existing conditions except that letter has to come from Ceridian so chances of that happening are nil. This is definately the company from hell. My former employer is no help either - says they get the same service from Ceridian that I do,

• Bg
      16th of Mar, 2010

We are providers for Ceridian. Most of the staff is incompetent, and the so called supervisor we have told us that the company is 90 days behind in paying claims. She advised us to do business with other companies so that we could stop "putting a strain" on Ceridian by calling and requesting pay for services rendered! We do have one person that tries to assist us through the payroll office but this person is almost impossible to reach or to get a return phone call. How in the world did they receive the "Stevie" award for outstanding customer service in 2009? We are in trouble folks! The "company from hell" is indeed a compliment when it comes to doing business with Ceridian.

• Li
      7th of Apr, 2010

I am also involved in a Ceridian nightmare and have been for the past 6 months. I still don't have resolution. All of what has been said in the comments above is what I have experienced as well.

I have made a simple request: To be reimbursed for the total of my FSA account per my W-2 - and have them send me copies of the checks cashed by me satisfying the total amount of the reimbursement.

My accepted claims are WELL over the amount to be reimbursed to me. I was short per my records about $2, 500 - that is a lot of money to me. They did issue a check for part of the discrepancy of my 2009 reimbursement of $1300 but they combined it with a 2010 payment (this indicates a serious accounting problem).

Every time I call - and I have called every two weeks since January 2010 - I get a different person. Yes - I did ask for the direct number of the person who is supposed to be resolving my "case" (that is another story - they keep closing my case and issuing new case numbers - I have lost track of how many case numbers I have!).

Additionally, each time I call, I am told a different story and given a different listing of reimbursements to me. When I pointed out in one phone call that none of the reimbursements reflected the check I just received or the supposed check pending being mailed to me, there was a silence, hemm...haw...then a different story!

This company should be shut down.

As someone with an accounting background I fail to understand the
    difficulty in providing a complete accounting of 2009 dispursements
    of my account. I also am highly disturbed that my records of
    withholdings to Ceridian were altered by Ceridian to make the totals
    "match". I am also highly disturbed at the changing accounting
    Ceridian provides at each point of contact.

I am done struggling. I am going to see a benefits attorney next week to get the rest of my money back. I've also been advised to lodge complaints with the Oregon Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau.

If anyone has experienced successful resolution of their issue and has figured out a contact or method of approach other than email to ConsumerServices@ceridian.com and telephone calls, I would be most appreciative to get information that might help.

7th of Apr, 2010

Sadly - and to get on with life - I have decided to not get COBRA because Ceridian has made it impossible to do so. Now I don't trust them at all. Even if they came through at this late date I would trash their correspondence like they did mine. Lucky me, I live in MA where I can get my insurance through the Commonwealth, albeit at a cost double COBRA. I consider it money well spent and a lesson well learned. I've contacted the AG, my House Rep, Susan Wornick consumer help line and more. Nobody can get through this giant who promises companies to reduce their COBRA exposure by 20 percent. They are obtuse by design, criminal like in intent, and a plague on the civilized supplicant.

• Cm
      28th of May, 2010

My payment was .98 short. I got a quick invoice of .98. I thought no problem I will make up the difference in the next regular Full payment. Instead I got a letter of cancelation. I called and was told they could cancel me for being ONE PENNY SHORT. I attempted to appeal my case and got a letter of denial. I found out the policy was - if your payment was short starting at 10% up to $50 that you might be canceled. When I called in to talk to them about their statement to me contradicting their policy, they looped me back into the fact that I failed to remit the .98 within the grace period and that ... well... in effect, your out of luck DUDE!!!.

So I have written to the California Department of Insurance for assistance. Its seems to me that according to their own policy they should really have added that .98 onto my next statement in the next billing cycle. Something SMELLS regarding how they are implementing this program and Im hoping the California Dpt. of Insurance can help me clear this up.

• Ju
      12th of Jul, 2010

Well well well u all have geat reasons to feel how u do and i agree. O worked for Ceridian for 2.5 yrs coming out of high school when i first started i loved it but this june i quit. I have to say if ceridian had to have a middle and last name it shud be, run around. There are so many different stories here to reply to and im on an ipod so i cant do it but i worked in the fsa, tution, and commuter department. I agree with another former employee that commented about upper levels worry to much about call time. Its horrible that all they try to care about is what thier point system and making an 95% overall average. I have 12 point deducted from a call for not referring a customer to the website for future needs. WOW... Thats besides the point the bet thing that i can advise for the FSA folks is to speak with your HR reps, however in my experiences HR reps are clueless so the next best thing is to get on the phone demand a sup and dont let them go until they have explained to u all u feel u need to know. I was never trainned in Cobra so i dnt kno what to tell u guys but if anyone has any questions if u can contact me thru this thats fine by me i always provided extra info that my customers wuda never known. I dnt mid putting ceridian on blast either☻☺☁☂☼