Ceridian COBRA Continuation Coverage / Refund not received

1 St Petersburg, United States Review updated:

This company does not have a clue as to what the term customer service means. They are the COBRA administrator for my wife's previous employer. We signed up to keep dental insurance through Cobra because our dentist had already submitted and received approval for some dental work that I needed to have done. What we were not made aware of is that effective 12/31/2014 her previous employer would be switching insurance providers. Generally not a big deal unless you are on COBRA. Essentially since they switched our coverage stopped on 12/31/14 even though I continued to make payments through 2/2015 because we were not notified that coverage had been discontinued. I contacted Ceridian for a refund of premiums paid in March and as of 6/1/2015 still have not received a refund for January's payment. I have made multiple calls and have gotten the run around because according to Ceridian, once they paid the previous employer they no long had any responsibility for the money I paid them. I have now been told that they have received the money back from the previous employer (approximately) 2 weeks ago, the money has not been transferred from accounts receivable to accounts payable internally and until that happens I can't be refunded. Does the term customer service mean anything to this company? I don't care about your internal policies. I made a payment in good faith expecting a service/product that I did not receive. I did not make that payment to the previous employer, I made it to Ceridian. I did not receive the product I was paying for and expect a refund. Your internal policies should not have effected the refund of my payment. And to top it all off. I had dental work done to the tune of 3000.00 thinking I had insurance so now I am paying that out of pocket.

Fe
Jun 1, 2015

Comments

• Ce
      3rd of Jun, 2015

We at Ceridian are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with our service. If you leave your name on this board we can research the issue further before talking with you. If you want to call this number (727-395-1246) between 4pm - 6pm today (Wednesday) or after 9am tomorrow we will have an escalation supervisor work with you. If you prefer us to call you, please leave your name and number and we will call you between the above times. Thank you.