CenturyTel Video Service / Telephone and Cable Services

La Crosse
The come to the house and say we will save you money over your cable TV provider. I tell them cable TV provider charged $50/month for ALL EIGHT TV's. They promise, we will save you money.

When I get the bill, they are charging me $50 for every three (3) TV’s $150/month just for video. No way this is cheaper than cable.

So I cancel because they LIED to me. Can you believe, they now charge me a $200 early termination fee! $200 for doing NOTHING, I am the one who had to disconnect their equipment and take it back to them. I will also mention, when I initially complained about the cost, and then said "come and get it, " they NEVER said you will still have to pay the $200 fee.

CenturyTel is a bunch of crooks, and I am filing a complaint with the PSC and the Consumer Protection Agency.

A  24th of Feb, 2009 by
I live in O'Fallon, Missouri. These kids came to the door one day selling CenturyTel's "package" and lured us into going with them for the local phone (we'd had Charter's digital landline phone), DSL internet (we'd had Charter cable) and satellite TV through Dish (we'd had DirecTV). It was supposedly to lower our monthly bill for all the services significantly. I'm glad we were diligent on having the young man and woman put on the contract that the prices for each of those services was ALL that was in it and that we got them to say it was only a 1 year contract. This is because when we got our first bill, all the b.s. extra charges that they typically tack onto their (IMHO fraudulent) phone bill made it costing about the same as what I was paying previously for all three services! We called them up yelling about "breach of contract" and they took them off but said that when we renewed they'd make sure those were on our contract. That's when we happily informed them that in June we wouldn't be renewing. What a waste of my time! You are entirely correct, bnh, don't trust CenturyTel when they come to you saying they'll save you money. They're LIARS!