CenturyTel / Porting numbers

1 Trussville, AL, United States Review updated:

I can't believe these people! I'm in the process of "porting" my phone to another company, and I get a call from one of my customers who say... BTW your main line says it's disconnected... I'm lucky I remembered your cell phone number... I call my business line, and sure enough, it sounds like I'm either out of business or out of money! So I call my cell provider, and sure enough, my new Cell can call out, but I can't connect a call to my number! What ### thought, you know, we're kinda behind porting these numbers, so hey, let's just disconnect them until we can get to them?

Gee, let's see... what's the number to the PSC?

Bi

Comments

• Br
      11th of Sep, 2007
    CenturyTel - Where does &month in advance& go?

This perplexes me...i'm simple..but each time i change service plans, i am advised that i must pay "one month in advance for new plan." that i do. So... the month i change plans i have a "super sized" telephone bill...because... pay all charges for the current month... including prorated charges for old and new plan... so far so good, right? However...as the months come and go, i pay every month for all charges incurred... at the end of the month... so... as i see it.. i still have a month's credit that i paid in advance... right? (of course, when the month in advance was paid... it was a "debit."

When i paid they gave me a credit... which made my month in advance disappear... and century tel records do not show that i have a credit balance... now i decide to go to a new plan again, and the month in advance is required... and i pay a whopping big telephone bill!!! Can anyone tell me where all those "months in advance go?" It seems to me the "debit and credit" is magic... they just evaporate... i like changing plans as needed but have decided that it is too expensive for this grama...

• Ju
      6th of Dec, 2011
    CenturyTel - Lack of service
    2025 Westgate Dr
    Pekin
    Illinois

I have Centurytel for phone & DSL... Over Thanksgiving week & weekend I was without phone service..Tuesday after Thanksgiving They finally got it fixed . The next day My email went down... I can receive now BUT I still cannot send...I CANNOT get calls back from anyone & NO one can get it fixed they admit it is their problem not my computer...When I spoke to a supervisor over my phone service He as RUDE & INSULTING... Here almost a week later I still CANNOT send email..