Centurytel / Dish Network / Customer Service Lies

1 La Crosse, WI, United States Review updated:

CenturyTel / DishNetwork
Do not trust any sales rep for Century Tel if quoted a 90-day free cancellation if partnered w/ Dish Network. I called CenturyTel to set up a triple bundle package and the sale rep stated twice I would be able to cancel the package within the 90-period... ALL LIES. They apparently must have the inhouse culture in place to bait at any cost. I called back after about 45 days to cancel due to a better deal plus the phone reception we had was nearly inaudible only to be told there would be a $226.00 cancellation fee. CenturyTel indicated they would check their phone records and get back to me but I would have to work it out w/ Dish Network to get the fee waived. So these partners do not work together, nice partnership. Dish says I need to work it out with CenturyTel. Trust me you can work out a better deal else where - you will not regret it.

Jj

Comments

Ch
  9th of Sep, 2009

I'm in the Gig Harbor, Wa. area. I signed up for CenturyTel and Dish last week. In the one week we've had the service, we've had poor download speeds: 2MB rather then the advertised 10MB. Noise on phone line and no dial tone. Our phone service went out yesterday. I called to cancel both phone and DISH and like the previous person indicated, DISH now wants to charge me the $360 cancellation fee. Don't go with CenturyTel and especially don't ever sign a contract with DISH as you'll be sorry!