Century Link / Quest / internet interruptions

CO, United States Review updated:

I am in Loveland, Co. I pay for 20 MB speed with Century Link, formerly Quest. My problem is frequent Internet interruptions. Manually rebooting the modem usually solves the problem but it takes several minutes from rebooting till able to connect again. This can happen several times an hour sometimes. After a very unhelpful call to CL support, in which I was told I either had it hooked up wrong, didn't have the right router, my modem was bad, etc, I was rudely told that had I purchased a real Quest modem I wouldn't be having this problem. My modem says Quest right on it. I was told I would need to purchase another one and that should fix the problem. These modems are near $100 dollars on sale. I borrowed a friend's Quest modem and it does the same thing. The interruptions are causing severe problems for my online college classes. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Ce
      2nd of Apr, 2012

Hey there.

Thank you for taking the time to post your complaint about your services with CenturyLink. The team I'm a part of has the ability to look into specific cases of chronic connection issues, such as yours, and work towards a resolution.

In order to get started, would you please email us the details of the issue as well as the account number/information?

Best regards,
    -Doug

@Centurylinkhelp Team

• Bi
      26th of Apr, 2012

Doug, the first step CL needs to take is called being accountable. Customers hate the excuses CL routinely gives, and hearing that CL is never at fault for our poor connections. Mine was great with QWEST, now I have drop outs all the time, they are not on my end. I just wasted a hour trying to get help from CL. Is CL's time more valuable than mine? I can see by the thousands of posts that CL needs to make some big changes. CL can't fix their connections speed until they are accountable for the problems they have. I will be one of thousands who switch to an honest ISP.

• Mi
      21st of Jan, 2013

I have exactly the same problems. I have to reboot my modem every evening at least once to get it to work, and it's one that I'm "renting" from Century link. Te last modem just quit completely and had to be replaced. I'm wondering if it's time to do that again.