Century Link Dsl / bait and switch

1 Avilla, IN, United States Review updated:

I originally entered into a contract with Century Link in February of 2010 for High Speed Internet and Telephone Service because I was told the company did not offer standalone (dry) DSL. In November, I contacted customer service after finding out the company did in fact offer this service. The customer service agent was new and switched my service over as requested. The internet speed was cut in quarter and I was not informed that the DSL speed would be reduce from 3 MB down to 768 KBps. I have spent over 2 hours with customer service on this issue and have now been transferred between representatives twice. This company has not been easy to deal with.

Comments

• Ce
      13th of Dec, 2010

William,

My name is Joey and I'm with CenturyLink. I'm sorry to read about the trouble you're having. We would be happy to look into the issue for you. Can you email us at Reachout@CenturyLink.com with your name, account number and reference your post here on Complaintsboard.com? Thanks.

Joey H
    CenturyLink Customer Outreach
    Joey@CenturyLink.com

19th of Aug, 2011

i hear you loud and clear. Ive been having NOTHING but problems with these people. They say they'll send over a "tech" to fix it and after two weeks of spending hours on the phone and having one person from customer service controdict the other they Finally came out. Within minutes it became clear that the tech guy had no clue what he was doing. He went outside and started randomly cutting wires. Then he appeared satisfied and said we were all set because we had a dial tone. That wasnt our problem to begin with. I called again. The next day a century truck pulled up in front of my house, waved at my wife and I and drove off. I literally chased him down the street. Then I found out that he put on the "ticket" that he couldnt fix it because we werent home. I called again still and after much delay I got a supervisor who promised they'd have someone out there the next day. He came and seemed to have fixed the problem. Now here it is, ten days later and we're back to the same problem again so here goes the run around for my wife and I. We are actually missing work behind this. It seems like a scam with a lot of promises that are never met. Does anyone know where I can report this to besides century link because all Ive gotten so far was lines of B.S and things that never happen. Im being charged for High Speed DSL but it really isnt much faster than dial up. I know when I'm getting scammed and there has to be someone besides them that i can take that to because complaining to them isnt getting a thing done. i work on the internet and Ive lost over $4000.00 this month alone. We really need someone to help us.please, if you can help me my email is Terrapin58@centurylink.net. Any help at all would be apprecialted. Thank you. Matt

19th of Aug, 2011

My comment falls on deaf ears and frankly im tired of telling the story. This is by far the worst internet service ive ever had or heard of. It's the only one provider in my area and as crazy as it sounds, we are going to have to move because of it.

19th of Aug, 2011

Its 430 in the morning and i have to call another tech at 730 am so I'm out even more money, I guess we should be out at least another couple of thousand. oh well.