Century 21 Flamingo Realty / Timeshare listing for sale

1 11280 Pines BlvdPembroke Pines, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-434-9973

My time share has been listed for 2 years with these folks. They have never called to advise that there is any interst on my property or what they are doing to market it. Everytime I call all they sat is that they have had some ridiculously low offers i.e 500.00 but they will notify me when they hear something. I would think they would have heard something in 2 years

More Century 21 Flamingo Realty Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Je
      13th of Feb, 2009

Everyone, please, Americans, DO NOT give any of these so call timeshare rental or resale companies UPFRONT MONEY! I don't care who they claim to be or call themselves. You can list your property for sale or resale on your own and do as well as or better than they will ever serve you, for pennies on your own dollar! OMG! The leeches out there are just preying on the American people just like all other big businesses, our government and all other scam artists here and abroad are doing. They are not looking out for your interest! They DO NOT CARE about you, renting or selling your property. They DO NOT care what it's worth or how much you paid! All they care about is collecting that UPFRONT FEE!!! LOOK OUT!!! Once that fee is acquired, the business agreement, deal, contract, whatever, is complete!!! They are finished with YOU! WHY? Because they have YOUR MONEY and they know that is all they want! From that moment on you become an annoyance to them!

It is a shame! And a sign of the times! Big companies take the jobs away to third world companies becasue of GREED!!! Watch out Americans!!! Banks are folding, with your money in their pockets becasue of GREED! The housing industry has collasped becasue of GREED. HMO's DO NOT work becasue of GREED! Insurance companies avoid paying for legitimate claims becasue of GREED. Hospitals turn away the sick because of GREED! The reason we need multiple stimulus packages is because of GREED! It's the reason we're still using oil, ALL BECAUSE OF GREED! It just goes on and on. . . . . . .

12th of Mar, 2009

We sent this company Century 21 Flamingo Realty our fee for listing our timeshare and we keep asking them for the link to where it is listed and have gotten no response.

I am very upset and feel that we have been scammed.

• Bo
      8th of Apr, 2009

I agree completely. We engaged their services in October 2008. I've had to badger them continually for information on our property and it's the same story - some interest, no bites at the prices, blah blah blah.

Our unit is an Oceanfront Penthouse - their cookie cutter on-line posting doesn't even mention anything about the specific unit, or even what it is.

I was lured in by the Century21 name. Don't make the same mistake. These people appear to be crooks.

• Jh
      11th of Mar, 2010

Looks like I have been a victim also. Is there anyway to get my money back? Has anyone had their money returned by Century 21 Flamingo? How did you do it?

• Wi
      12th of Jan, 2011

True, I spent $499 for them to sell our Condo in Ormond Beach, they never called back, nor did they sell our Condo. You shouldnt have to put money upfront to sell anything, esp property, Stay away from Century 21 flamingo they are a scam and I cant believe they are still allowed to operate

• Rb
      21st of Feb, 2011

i was ripped off by these people. So I contacted the BBB in Florida. Maybe is enough people contact the BBB in Florida, we all might get compensated. This is the link I contacted http://www.seflorida.bbb.org.

1st of Mar, 2011

I LISTED MY TIMESHARE WITH C21 IN ARKANSAS FOR $ 27000 AND THE BEST OFFER THEY GAVE ME WAS $ 18500. NOW I FIND OUT THAT THE RESORT LIED TO ME AND IT WAS ONLY WORTH $ 19000 . IM GLAD I TOOK THE OFFER . BE CAREFUL OF RESORTS LIKE BLUEGREEN WHO TELL YOU THE RESORT IS WORTH A LOT MORE THAN YOU PAID

2nd of Mar, 2011

Jane, I agree with you. I listed with Century 21 Flamingo. I had a two bedroom at Westgate in Orlando and paid $18, 000 for it. Westgate told me it was worth $25, 000. Century 21 Flamingo warned me that I would never get that for it. Finally after three months, I dropped the price to $15, 000 and they sold it two months later. The resorts are definitely lying to people about the value of these properties. I took a small loss but I'm glad I sold it and rid of this albatross.

• Ya
      2nd of Mar, 2011

I have sold two timeshares with Century 21 Flamingo Recreational Properties and going to list my third property in Las Vegas. I came upon this site by accident and as a chinese person, I try to speak english very well as I can. I read this complaint and must say that my mother told me never to read letters from people who are illiterate. There is at least five misspelled words in that complaint and I hope our american education system will not teach my now american children to speak or write like that. Both properties that I sold in Hilton Head, South Carolina I took a 25% loss and I too was fooled by the resorts.

• Fr

@ Yang Ziho
    what a sad senario that a person from China has to tell us that we should not read letters with misspelled words. I have only had my property listed with C21 for 6 weeks but I have already had one offer that was below what I was asking but maybe in hindsight, I should have accepted it. C21 is part of a much larger corporation that includes: Coldwell Banker, ERA, Better Homes, and Sotherbys and I have sold two homes with this organization and I hope they will sell my timeshare soon. I was disturbed by these initial letters and I'm even more disturbed that it took a person from China to set things straight. We do not have the best educational system in the world and that is why I hope Ms. Yang will support the teachers union in Wisconsin.

• Je
      2nd of Mar, 2011

I spent $695 with a company called TIMESHARES ONLY two years ago and they told me they were part of Century 21. I later found out that they were fraudulent and were never a part of Century 21. Eight months later, they told me they were a part of Remax which was also untrue. I then spent $1, 100 trying to sell with two other companies called TIMESHARE BY OWNER and TIMESHARE QUICK SALE. None of these companies ever answer their phone and the Attorney General in Florida has told me that TIMESHARES ONLY has 1, 300 complaints with them. I was able to recover my money from these companies except for one. Century 21 has not sold my property yet and it has been two and a half months but at least when I call them, they answer the phone and answer my questions and have always responded in a professional manner. I wonder if some of these people on this site have been duped by these shady companies that say they are part of Remax or Century 21 or some other real estate company like I was. How sad it is that anybody who can afford an Internet site and probably working out of their basement can con the people out of their money. I suggest that the government should do something about these con artists.

• Su
      2nd of Mar, 2011

I totally agree with Yang. I came here to inspect Century 21 because I want to sell my Wyndham Timeshare. However, this is a terrible example of a complaint. I'm not even sure I follow what he is saying. I mean seriously! "When I called, they SAT?!" If your going to complain about someone, at least try to make it look professional and I might actually agree with you. When you cant even spell, should I really trust your judgement?!

4th of Mar, 2011

Century 21 Flamingo Realty/Recreational Properties sold my timeshare for HALF A MILLION DOLLARS and I’m mad as hell!! My wife and I and our three children went to Orlando three years ago and bought a timeshare for $23, 000 from The Marriott. We also financed the property for 10 years at an interest rate set by the Marriott Corporation of 17 %. We were however lucky enough to pay it off after just 6 months. If we had not the total cost at the end of a 10 year loan would have been $ 45000 dollars. My children are now teen agers and as we all know they got tired of Disney World and bored with mom and dad. It was at this point that my wife Elizabeth and I decided to sell our timeshare at the Marriott. We had over the past year received a number of calls from timeshare resellers promising us very high resale prices but when we checked on those companies we found out they were all frauds. Timeshare.coms that no one ever heard of and certainly not companies that any sane person would send money to purchase our property. They also required payments of over $ 1000 to $ 1800 to advertise. We knew that this timeshare was a deeded property just like a home is a deeded property and should be sold by a real estate company and transferred legally through a title company. Coldwell Banker a part of the same Corporation as Century 21 and a company that we had bought and sold two homes with advised us to call Century 21 Flamingo. We were thrilled and listed our property with a very professional agent. We did have to pay a very small upfront fee that was reimbursed to us at the closing. We were told that they would try to sell the timeshare for the best price but were also warned that in this economy we would lose some money and we understood and agreed. Well after just 12 weeks they called and gave us an offer of only $ 13000 dollars and were advised that we should take the offer. My wife and I were devastated that after 3 years we would lose $ 10000 and also during that time we paying $ 840 annually in maintenance fees. We felt scammed by the salesman at the Marriott who told us that the property was worth more than $ 30000 and that we could easily resell it for that amount. The next day my wife and I went to see our accountant a brilliant lady who had advised us for years. We wanted to know if we should accept the offer and if we did how to could deduct this loss on our tax return. She asked us to come back the next day which we did and the following is in her words and the biggest dose of reality that made me feel like a fool. She said I bought one week a year for$ 23000. If I bought a home I would have it for 52 weeks a year. At a cost of $ 23000 a week it I would have paid ONE MILLION ONE HUNDRED and NINETY SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS for this property. My maintenance is $840 for one week. If I owned it for 52 weeks my maintenance and tax bill would be $ 43880 a year. This is Orlando not 5th. Ave in New York. I could have bought a beautiful condo in Orlando for $ 90000 WITH A YEARLY TAX BILL OF $ 800 DOLLARS. She went on to explain that Century 21 really sold my timeshare for SIX HUNDED and SEVENTY SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS. I am glad Century 21 sold it and I wish I had bought it from C 21 on the resale market and yes I am mad as hell at myself for being so stupid. Even the fool who wrote this original complaint and said she got an offer of only $ 500 which I find like the other people on this site hard to believe should go see my accountant Ms V. Weinstein . She would tell her that the offer was really $ 26000 dollars.

• Mu
      2nd of Jan, 2012

Has anyone ever gotten their money back from Century 21 or initiated a law suit against them? We need to get together and do something about all the lies and scams. This can't be legal.