Central Supply Warehouse / Fraudulently acting as Xerox

1 578 Washington BlvdMarina del Rey, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310-459-9467

The company called implying that they were Xerox by asking questions that a company you are contracted with might ask, then made me think that the toner we asked for did not arrive because a mishap happened in their warehouse. He said they were going to send some guys out to maintenance our Xerox machine that they were sorry for not doing it sooner. We have a contract with Xerox and do not pay extra for supplies or service. He also said that we were currently paying an X dollar amount for toner and that he could drop it $100 because of the mishap and not being prompt for maintenancing our machines. A number of people phoned me after the initial call giving me instructions on what to do. They faxed me an order confirmation and said I needed to sign it immediately and fax it back to them. When it wasn't faxed within 10 minutes, she called back to ask about the fax.

The fax number they gave me is: 1.800.840.9043
Address: 578 Washington BLVD. #433 Marina Del Rey CA 90292
Phone #: 310.459.9467

Fr

Comments

• Th
      19th of Mar, 2009

This company along with IDCSERVCO has a new scam. They contact a department of a large company and represent themselves as being with the company's purchasing dept. They say they need an approval on a requisition for copier toner. If anyone signs and returns the requisition they will receive a toner cartridge(s) and an invoice from IDCSERVCO. The price for the toner is extremely high and also a charge for shipping and handling that is excessive for such an item. IDCSERVCO will not give a full credit. they claim a 25% - 50% restocking charge.
    IDCSERVCO address is 3962 Landmark Street, P.O. Box 1925, Culver City, CA 90232-1925 Phone #800-446-9835

• Di
      19th of May, 2009

Same thing happened to our company. The first shipment we didn't realize what had happened until we received the invoice. It was to late to return the shipment (the back of the invoice says three days after receipt). Two months later we received another shipment of two VERY over priced toner cartridges. I called and complained to IDCSERVCO within the three days of delivery. They have assured me they will fax a return shipping label so we don't have to pay to ship it back. I've also faxed both IDCSERVCO and Central Supply Warehouse stating that we are on to their scam and will refuse delivery receipt of any further shipments. IDCSERVCO said they had no way of knowing which company was scamming because "we are just a clearing house and deal with 300 + companies." Considering the scam is posted all over the internet, you'd think they would get a clue.

It's to bad that companies have to be such low lifes to make a buck.

19th of Jul, 2010

I've been wise to these guys and a number of others, I've reported this company as well as others to the BBB. "Mike" had previously posed as Konika Minolta and was able get information about my machine. Be aware the person on the phone will act as though they are a sales rep for a vendor you actually use. He won't mention the name of the company, he'll bait you in making you think he is your vendor. Don't give this person any real information, every time these people call me, and it's always this same idiot "Mike", I give him a different last name. I wait for the authorization fax and I report it again, last couple times a manager of theirs called me trying to find out why they were being called by the BBB.

***DON'T TRUST THESE PEOPLE, THEY ARE CON-ARTISTS***
    IDCSERVCO
    578 Washington Blvd. #433
    Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
    T: 310-454-9023
    F: 888-477-6142

8th of Mar, 2012

I have since also had the same experience with DELRAY SUPPLY CO scamming $1000 from our company. They are now operating at 9854 National Blvd. #270 Los Angeles, CA 90034 1-888-261-1567

• Tb
      13th of Apr, 2012

We received numerous calls from Delray Supply CO. They originally wanted to know what model of copy machine we had. Then they said that our recent purchase of toner was not discounted and they wanted to send us toner. I refused to give any info and told them they were more than welcome to send us free toner. We got a fax later that day to sign for our "free toner." They wanted us to sign, but I told them not to call anymore. They tried to get us to purchase over $500 in toner.

• Da
      23rd of Apr, 2012

Having this same company try to scam us, too... They've called our business in Hamilton, Ontario, 4 days in the last 2 days.