Central Railways - Mumbai / Rude staff at the ticket counter

1 India Review updated:

Some of the staff at the ticket counter (Thane) are extremely rude. They don't know how to talk. And by saying that i don't mean that they shout or use abusive language. The reason i specified that is because in our Country the tone of talking is not considered to be a part of good communication skills.

Its sad and disheartening to see such people exist in our country especially when the world is looking at us to outsource their businesses to. They have absolutely no right talk rude to people without any rhyme or reason.

And no i am not the type who thinks that if someone slaps you,you should turn the other cheek. I'll give them 'Ek ke upar ke free!!!'.

Comments

• Ku
      10th of Jun, 2013

Hi,
    I have faced similar kind of treatment today 10th June 2013 at 12.10 pm at window number 24, This lady was so rude in her conversation towards the me that she mentioned that you THANE People understand only shout language, you don`t understand good language, the issue was just I needed a ticket from Thane to Dadar I had Rs 100 note, she demanded Rs 10/- change, I mentioned apologetically that I am not having the change and kindly help me with the ticket, she shouted at me and said that you need to bring the change, since it was raining heavily and the trains were running about 50 mins to 70 mins late, I wanted to take a latest train also I didn`t carry any umbrella, so I requested to help me with the change.
    I mentioned the lady that i was not from Thane and she should not use any abusive language towards the public who travel with ticket, though it was very easy for me to travel without ticket but as a responsible passenger I went for the ticket and was treated like this...I have madeup my mind to travel witout tuickety all the time from THANR to Dadar all my life but will never go to any ticket window in THANE, because those females on the counter are very pathetic and desprate to shout like they feel there are doing their jobs without salary from the govt.
    I am sure that this will not do any good but I will alert all my friends to be alert from ticket windows in Thane.