Central Coast Nutraceuticals / Scam charges

1 2375 East Camelback Rd. 5th Floor, Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-692-8352

I too have fallen victim to this company as many others have. They clearly are not truthful in any way, shape or form. On Sept 20th I ordered the 14 day FREE trial of Acai-Pure. I was only to pay $4.95 After placing my order I did a more extensive search of this product as I was very interested in the initial claims.

I was horrified to learn of the fraud and deceptive practices of this company so I immediately sent an email asking them to please cancel my order. Less then 48 hours later I checked my bank account. Lo and behold there was a charge on there for $44.85! I was horrified, Ya know that pit of the stomach OMG feeling? Yep... That's what I had and still do.

I called the bank ASAP and was instructed to call the company before going through my bank claims dept. Soon as I hung up with the bank I called Central Coast Nutraceuticals. After numerous times I finally got through to a live person. Her name was Jessie, I explained situation and she said I did not uncheck the boxes that stated I was also ordering extra products. She mentioned water and hoodia pills.

I am no stranger to online ordering, I know what I'm doing and I know for a fact I made sure my order was accurate and I did NOT order anything extra. I explained I would be filing a claim with my bank and the BBB if the charges were not reversed. She put me on hold, Came back and said no problem, Account/order canceled and I would have charges reversed. Even gave me a reference number.

I called my bank back to update them on the situation and was instructed to call back and get a time frame as to when the charges would be reversed. When I called back I was told no refund till they get their products back. I said I had no products and did not order anything but the 14 day free trial. She said whoever told you that you were getting a refund was wrong. I then started explaining to her the complaints I had read online and that the company should be aware and then boom... She hung up on me. Excellent customer service skills... eh? : /

Btw.. Throughout this ordeal I have stayed very cool, calm and collective. Actually proud of myself too lol. Being rude or ignorant would put me down to their level.

Right after I was hung up on I then sent the company another email telling them everything I just typed here. No response yet from any emails I have sent. I just checked my bank account, No reversed charges. I'm afraid this is gonna be a long 'fight' Is there something that can be done to help Folks like me? Can we get together here and stop this company period from doing this to anyone else?

This web site... complaintsboard had previously helped me in another matter. I was grateful for your help then and I would be forever grateful if you could help me and the others who have filed complaints against this company.

Thanks for your time in reading this : )

Va

Comments

• De
      1st of Oct, 2008

I too had the same situation happen and I finally had to close the account before any more items were charged to my acct.

• Al
      2nd of Oct, 2008

p.s. The other address these people use (CCN) is
    123999 Belcher Road, South Suite 140, Largo, Fl. 33773

• De
      30th of Nov, 2008

I'm also living your nightmare! One Saturday afternoon - I ordered a sample of Accai Pure and a sample of Colontox - each had shipping of $4.95 - except the Colontox had a charge for $1.00 for that sample. An hour later I was checking my bank acct. and to my horror found a charge of $44.85 and a charge of $45.85!!! I called the company immediately to cancel my order but of course they were closed. I then immediately e-mailed them and told them to cancel my order - an e-mail came back stating I would get a response in 24-48 hours - of course 3 weeks later - no e-mail responses. The Monday after I placed the order my husband started calling the company with wait times of 60+ minutes!! For two weeks we tried to contact the company - meanwhile the products came. From each package they included two items I had not ordered - some kind of drops and gum - the gum cost $9.95!! How outrageous!! Because I work all day I can't be on the phone but I did have my mother start calling along with my husband calling. My mother finally got in contact with someone - after 60+ minutes of waiting (wait time was suppose to be 10 minutes). A guy named Tim told her to have me send back all items I did not want. I boxed up everything and sent everything back registered ($10.00) they have to sign that they received the package. Now I'm into the company for $100 - suppose to be $10.00 - ---

Now I just checked my bank acct. and another $38.95 has been taken out of my banking acct. Now keep in mind I haven't ordered anything else from these idiots!! Now I have to go to the bank in the morning and cancel my acct. before anymore damage is done. Also I've been charged $16.95 from another company that I think is linked to this one - I have no idea who they are - but they also got some of my money.

Today I'm on-line seeing what I can do to remedy this - I'm lucky I found this website - I'm also going on-line to contact the attorney general's office - along with anyone else I can contact and tell about this horrible company.

27th of Feb, 2009

I totally agree. I'm at a complete loss on what to do about this situation. I'm very interested to know if you've had any luch and if you could provide any knowledge.

• Av
      21st of Jul, 2009

I placed an order for a product called Colotox ( trial $1.00). I recived this product but I was also sent 5 differnt products I did not order and charged $90.76.