Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. / fraudulent scams

1 50 King St, Apt # 1Westbrook, United States Review updated:
Phone: (202) 258-8828

After posting my complaint against Central Coastal Nutraceuticals, Inc, on 8/28/08, I achieved good results in my favor by emailing the president's email address, with all of my complaints, including that I intended to report his company to the Better Business Bureau, as well as a law enforcement branch of the government for fraud. I also told him that I was going to notify my bank to inform them re: the rip off scam that I had fallen prey to, and to never let them charge anything else to my bank account again. This is what I did...hope this helps you all.

After I sent the president of the company's email address, which is Support@centralcoastnutra.net, a woman called me on the phone yesterday. I let her have it, too, about their fraudulent charges to my bank debit card, and sending me products that I did not order.

She told me that, supposedly, in the agreement piece that we read before purchasing this product, the web site page had places to uncheck the Hoodiagum and the Hoodiawater. She asked me, "Didn't you see that?, " to which I replied, "No."

I included in both my email to the president's address and in the conversation that I had with the woman yesterday, that if they did not give me a full refund, I was going to go to my bank, tell them what CCN, Inc. had done to me, and that I would tell my bank to fight them, and to never allow any further charges to my account.

I also questioned her on their crazy "return" policy, stating only that they would refund on products that were unopened. She told me that just under that sentence, there was another one stating that they would refund total monies for all products, including the opened ones, as long as I sent my units back by 9/7/08; however, the way in which that statement is phrased, per her reading it to me, most people, including me, would not interpret this statement as allowing unopened units. There is just a very short window of time in which one must return the units, or one is out of luck.

Also, she said that if I didn't return my "free trial" bottle by 9/7/08, they would charge me for the remaining number of capsules in the bottle. I assume they determine the charge according to following their recommended dosages on the bottle x number of days=number of capsules left. So, none of us ever received a "free trial" at all. We were only given about one week's worth of the "free bottle." We were not notified of that scam either when we signed up to get this free trial, right? I know that I wasn't.

She said to me, "If you will not go to your bank, I will guarantee that you will get a full refund, except for the S & H charges. I then told her that I had read on the Internet where one person had posted their complaint regarding CCN, Inc.'s continuing to send him/her monthly supplies, when this person never agreed to this at all. Again, I asked this woman if they really do that. She answered, "Yes...didn't you read that statement in the agreement section prior to submitting your request to receive the free trial? Once again, I said, "No."

I stood firm against this woman, representing CCN, Inc., and it paid off. So, my entire package is on it's way back to the scam artists. I am going to call my bank and alert them to this company and it's illegal practices.

You can be successful, just as I was, in getting your money back, and in stopping these scam artists from stealing anymore of your money. Just do what I did...good luck!

Carol Dixon

Comments

• Ge
      21st of Oct, 2008

I only ordered the trial free sample--with not additional order of any of their products until I try the free sample. If they send me more products or charge me for more, I will make sure that they will be prosecuted. Thank you for the heads up.

• Ri
      20th of Nov, 2008

I too, only expected to receive a sample.
    You have convinced me never to order online.
    this is fraud, and will notify the BBB.
    now will call bank.
    At 79 yrs never expected this. no way to get envelope or get to bank with my disability, in our inclement weather.
    can only type with one hand.

• Ru
      22nd of Nov, 2008

This company must be reported to your "STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE". They are usually the ones to protect their citizens from Fraud, Scams, etc.

• Ca
      23rd of Nov, 2008

I ORDERED A FREE TRIAL OF ACAIPURE ON 11/15/08 FOR $1.00 PLUS s&h OF $4.95. MY CARDGOT CHARGED $44.85 THE NEXT DAY. I HAVE BEEN CALLING THEM EVERY DAY SINCE, BUT HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL. I NOTIFIED MY BANK AND CANCELLED OUT MY CARD AND REPORTED TO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. STILL WAITING FOR RESULTS. THEY REALLY HAVE A BIG SCAM OPERATION GOING ON. ALL THESE SITES GO THRU CENTRAL COAST NEUTRACEUTICALS, INC.
    www.acai-pure.com
    www.cholestapro.com
    www.hoodiastarpm.com

• Ce
      26th of Nov, 2008

I'm glad that you got your money back. I still don't know how my bank can help me fight this. Can you explain more?
    you are welcome to email me.

• Ta
      26th of Feb, 2009

Thank you for the information...I am currently having to fill out paperwork with my bank in fighting them.

• He
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I just wanted to tell people to stop buying things online! Anything where you have to enter a credit card number is a no no! Go out and shop where you can swipe the card and thats it. No one will have your info. If you want a free sample of anything you are not going to get it! There's nothing in this world that's free. It's only free if there is no way they can ever charge you for it. If they ask for a credit card number or ss# just don't do it! If you understand this from this day on you will never be scammed again.