Central Coast Nutraceuticals, inc / Fraudulent charges on my debit card

60 E. Rio Salado Pkwy, Suite 900Tempe, AZ, United States Review updated:
4.4
Phone: 888-692-8352
A charge was billed to my debit card of $38.95 from a company unknown to myself. No one has access to my actual debit card, and no one has access to my computer. I got the company info online and saw all the other complaints about fraudulent charges. I have tried to contact the 888 tele#, but it only goes to voicemail. No help.

I am filing a complaint against this company for charges unsolicited by myself.

Comments

Mo
  5th of Mar, 2008
I ordered $1.00 trial order offer for green tea.....I received it few days later with Hoodiburst gum and hoodiawater for $45.85...I realised that those were pills and didn't want that so I phoned to have a return merchandise authorization because theysaid that no refund would be made on " returm to sender " ( this ws in January ) and so far I don't see any credit anywhere.. .I told them that I didn't want anything from them, well now I received another package for another $44.90

I phoned about 20 times I can't talk to anybody, I spent at least 10 dollars on phone call... stay hours on the phone waiting for somebody to talk too... I am beside myself, I don't know what to do to stop that can you help?

Monique Butler
Ca
  5th of Mar, 2008
I would like you to stop sending me Green Tea Extreme, and stop chargin any of your products to my credit card.

Thank you.
Po
  21st of Mar, 2008
I too fell for this scam. I have been billed and I have sent back the items all unopened and have only been credited for one item. Their customer service reps are unproffessional and are hard to work with, once you get to speak to someone. I was interrupted countless times when just asking a simple question. I was refused to be able to speak to a supervisor and I am still waiting to receive my remaining $78.
Le
  22nd of Mar, 2008
I had the same experience. I ordered a trial sample of the Green Tea Extreme product for $5.95 using my debit card. I just saw another pending charge for $38.95 from this company. They will reverse the charge because I told them I have an attorney at my disposal and I will not hesitate to go this route if necessary. I haven't spoken to them yet, but I will on Monday; I just left a message. If anyone thinks $38.95 is not worth paying an attorney for; I have Prepaid Legal coverage and I can call an attorney anytime for no extra charge. This is pretty powerful to fall back on.
Gi
  17th of May, 2008
I have also been scammed, but my story may be different. I had several unauthorized charges on my debit card appear which included Green Tea Extreme, the Fit Factory, and Girls Gone Wild. I researched and learned that the Fit Factory was a piggy back offer from Green Tea Extreme, so you order one and get the other. However, I've not ordered any type of product at all, so there shouldn't be a piggy back offer. I've also not ordered Girls Gone Wild, which I've heard rumored also comes with some kind of piggy back offer. To take it one step further, the companies had my home address and my email address. I live alone, and no one else has access to my computer. I had my PC checked out in case it was hacked, but it was clean. I'm left with the thought that someone who I have legitimately done business with has been hacked and my info used to place these orders, which would also mean a lot of other people were affected. I only purchase from companies such as flower delivery services, gourmet food companies, and a web hosting business. Does my story sound familiar?

I canceled my debit card and am waiting on a new card to be issued.
Ha
  7th of Jul, 2008

Central Coast Nutraceuticals, inc - cannot get thru on phone line
Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc.
12399 Belcher Road South
Phone: 1888-692-8352

Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. is a big scam. They stole money from my account. $44.90 to be exact
They have to be stopped!
Pe
  17th of Jul, 2008
These people are the worst. I ordered a $4.95 trial
size of Hootia water. I returned all the stuff (including trial water)
next Day. $45.85 cost. April 17 When I called them
they were VERY nasty.
I called 5/22/06 as they was another charge of
$38.95 and the man Jezel said they had received 1st package back and that the 2nd package had not been shipped. Long story short. My Bank is upholding them
as they say they never got the package back.
I have since read many complaints against them that
sounds just like mine. This lesson has cost me $84.80
De
  30th of Jul, 2008
I completely agree that this is a bad company. I tried to cancel my order within hours of placing it. I called the company and spoke with a man who was rude and said that they could not cancel it because the order was so new they did not have any record of it. When I received the confirmation email, I replied to cancel the order. I never received a response. I emailed again and called again. The second call had me on hold for over 30 minutes. I called back and spoke with a male who stated that they could not refund or cancel the order because they were at another location from where the order is received and shipped. When I continued to press, I was told that I would have to send it back when I received it and pay the shipping to return it. They could not refund my money because I had agreed to try the product. Then he actually hung up on me. The original email of confirmation for my order stated that if I wanted to upgrade the shipping to receive it in 2-3 days, to email them right back and let them know. I emailed them right back to cancel and never received a reply. If they can upgrade an order before it is shipped, they can cancel it. I will never do business with them again, and I am passing the word to everyone that I know not to use this company. They are a scam! I, too, am referring this to my attorney.
Jd
  11th of Aug, 2008
I totally agree, this is a scam. Beware !!! The workers on the phone are rude and use scare tactics, refuse to authorize returns and then hangs up the phone.
I have charges on my credit card and can not return product or stop them from charging more each month.
What a nightmare. This is part of an internet scam, in order to receive a free laptop, I agreed to pick three companies and order from them. Of course, they did not tell how much the order would cost and of course I have no laptop!!!
I am going to report them to the BBB and attorney generals' office also. Hopefully they can do something???
Pa
  28th of Aug, 2008

Central Coast Nutraceuticals, inc - Did not order
Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc
Phone: 1/888/692/8352
www.centralcoastnutra.net

I went on line and ordered a free bottle of POM Clear with a shipping charge of $1.95 to be charged to my credit card. When I received the shipment I had the above item along with hoodibust gum for $9.95 and hoodiawater for $29.95... the total was $41.85. When I called the company to ask why these were in my order the girl flatly told me that I had ordered them. When I went back on line to check my confirmation letter there was never any mention of these two products.

Now she tells me that I have to ship them back and pay the postage and there is a 15% re stocking fee. This company is a rip off and should be shut down. I went on line and found many complaints about them/ When have you not done something about them.
Pa
  28th of Aug, 2008
Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. Largo Fl
I only ordered a bottle of POM Clear and when I opened the package they had sent hoodiburst gum and hoodiwater for an additional price of 39.90 and when I called to complain the girl said that I could send it back using my postage which would not be refunded to me and there is a 15% restock.
This company needs to be put out of business...
Li
  2nd of Sep, 2008
i received a pkg. with colon pure, hoodia gum etc. i never ordered them they had my credit card no. i tried t reach them by phone of course no one picked up the call. i have changed my credit card no now before i get a bill from another illegal transaction. watch out for this company...
Ro
  2nd of Sep, 2008

Central Coast Nutraceuticals, inc - charged for merchandise I did not order

I ordered Acai Pure a free sample on-line and the order page only said that I had to pay the shipping fee. When I received the merchandise I also received two other products that I did not order. I call customer service and the guy at customer service for Central Coast was very rude and told me that I did not read the order. He said that the other two products were automatic selected and after 20 days I would be billed for the free sample if I did not return it. No where on the order form on-line was this stated. He did not even offer for me to return the product. The sales receipt says that there will be a 15% restocking fee. I only ordered because their web page said it was endorced by Oprah.
  4th of Sep, 2008
Same thing happened to me and lots of other people too. I thought I was being charged $1.99. I tried to cancel the order and they told me it already shipped. I still haven't received it yet so I guess that was a lie also. I asked for the manager, a snotty guy named Mike and since he didn't like my tone of voice he hung up on me. I love there contact page that claims they pride themselves on customer service. They should change that to say, they pride themselves on consumer rip-offs.
Be
  11th of Sep, 2008
Me too! Happened exactly as you said it did. They cheat. This cannot be legal. I will inform my credit card company not to pay this and put it in to dispute. I know they will fight it. How awful to advertise one thing and deliver another.
Ca
  13th of Sep, 2008

Central Coast Nutraceuticals, inc - AcaiPure and ColoPure
Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc
Phone: 888-692-8352
support@centralcoastnutra.net

I place 2 orders for which I was told I would only have to pay shipping-I was then sent a bill $40.00 I didn't agree to when I ordered-again I was told I would oonly pay for shipping. I have left messages & sent semails, as well as attempting to call during office hours without success.
  16th of Sep, 2008
They mentioned Oprah and that is the only reason I went to the site also. Oprah probably never heard of their company. I wonder if she even knows they throw her name out. I returned everything for a 15% restock fee. I don't think there's anything we can do about them. It's too bad they don't come clean with what they are doing because even if the product is good they have pissed off alot of people who don't ever want to do business with them again. I know I don't.
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I wrote to Oprah. Maybe she can help us. This company just charged my card again. I have to cancel the card and order a new one.
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I wrote an e-mail to Oprah. I hope she says something about them on her show. This company makes it so hard now to buy anything on line. Expensive lesson. I learned it too, had to cancel my card though, so they wouldn't charge it anymore.
Da
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I took advantage of a one month supply (trial offer) of PomClear from Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. and was responsible for just the shipping and handling fees of $4.95. Turns out the company charged my bank account $44.85, an additional $40 that I did not authorize. I tried calling their toll-free number but only got a machine that wouldn't allow me to hold for a representative. It suggested I call back another time. I did that and a representative told me that on the same page where I'm asked to fill in my credit info, which is at the left of the page, there is an offer for Hoodiawater @ $29.95 and Hoddiburst Gum @ $9.95. Each of the boxes were checked "yes", but I did not check them. It is a default setting that the company has set up to scam people. Naturally, we're looking only on the left side of the page to input our credit info. We're assuming that once we do this, the deal is done. I'm sure that myself, along with millions of others, are not looking to the right of the page as it simply looks like more advertising. It's a trick and it's illegal. When I spoke with a customer service rep, "Greg Jeffs #091-708 on 9/20/08, he told me that if I didn't know to click the check marks to remove them, than I shouldn't be using a computer. I would be very interested in jumping on board a class action suit. This company should be shut down. It's not just the PomClear they distrubute either. I think Oprah Winfrey should have done her homework before she went national promoting this company and their products.