Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. / Acai Pure Scam

1 12399 Belcher Road SouthLargo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-692-8352

After I ordered Acai Pure, I found out from people online that they were having problems with being over charged and even after they cancelled their account.
I received my free trial of Acai Pure on Saturday, November 9, and decided that I will mail it back because of what I read from others. Now I am worried that they will overcharge me. I am going to mail it back tomorrow, November 12. The Sales Receipt that I received from them says that all returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Also that returned merchandise requires a delivery confirmation from the shipping provider and an RMA number from Customer Care. How are we suppose to get that number? I have emailed them twice and have heard no reply from them. Also I tried calling and I keep getting a busy signal. I do believe this is a scam.
Of course, now Acai Pure, has my credit card number, but I did notify the credit card company via email what I thought about this scam and I heard back from them right away. I decided to email Central Coast Nutraceuticals once more and I CC it to the credit card company. I have ordered lots of things online and never had a problem like this before.
I hope that I don't keep getting charged.

Comments

• Ji
      4th of Mar, 2008
    Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. - Trial offer scam!
    60 E. Rio Salado Pkwy Suite 900
    Tempe
    Arizona
    Phone: 1-888-692-8352
    www.colopure.com

This trial offer for colopure is a scam. It is intentionally misleading on the terms and also on the return policy that is sent along with the offer. They purposely shipped late to make the "30 day" period expired before I could return unused portion. When i called the rep told me that they sent it out and it was returned to them because there was no # on the address. When I finally received the product around Feb.1, about a month after originally ordered, the shipping receipt still read Jan 2. Nice! When I called to cancel the Trial subscription on 2/18 (17 days later), I was told it would be canceled no problem. I was then billed $38.95 on my credit card. When I called to question this, I was told too bad. They give you 2o days to try it and a 6 day shipping window, so that is why the billing was on the Feb. 14. On the Return Policy it states 30 days and also says this is for unopened unit only, Exceptions made for trial offer. Total scam.

14th of Apr, 2008
    Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. - overcharge
    Central Coast Nutraceuticals,Inc.
    12399 Belcher Road South Suite 140
    Largo
    Florida
    Phone: (888) 692-8352
    support@centralcoastnutra.net

I ordered a bottle of green tea capsules. It was $1.00 plus$4.95 shipping and handling. I was charged $45.85 for products I had not ordered nor did I want. I also only got green tea capsules. I called upon package delivery and the person said I was a liar I had ordered all of the stuff and I had received it all. I sure would not pay $29.95 for a bottle of water and $9.95 for a pack of gum. I called my credit card company and put a dispute flag on that charge. I also filled out form and sent proof of what I had ordered. Call immediately if a charge is not right.

• Cr
      20th of Jun, 2008

I did not order this why you sending this to me and you charge me for $45.85 Im not going to pay for $45.85 that I'm going to send this back I don't want it Pleased don't send me any more I'm not happy about this please e-mail me back went your received this or I want to talk to you Maneger or the company boss

Cristina

• La
      19th of Aug, 2008

I ordered the Green Tea Extreme. I no longer want it. It did not work for me. Please take me off the ordering list and do not send me any more. I have received a one month supply and do not want any more. Thank You. Please contact me when you receive this!!!
    Laura Britt

25th of Aug, 2008

I wanted to "sample" trial offer of $1.00 plus S&H $4.95 the company GREENTEAEXTREME then turned around 21 days later and charged my C.C. $38.95 out of the blue my C.C. was charged $39.95 for "SISTER PRODUCT" FIT FACTORY . What a SCAM on a SCAM!!!

26th of Aug, 2008

I ordered Pom and was sent hoodia and hoodia gum and was charged for all. I want to send back abd receive refund in full. Tell me where I can contact you, fjpgfp

27th of Aug, 2008

Please return all my monies. I am not payinf for something i did not order,

27th of Aug, 2008

I need someone to contact me regarding this issue. I want full refund.

27th of Aug, 2008
    Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. - Fraudulent charges on my bank card; sent products that I didn't order
    50 King St, Apt # 1
    Westbrook
    Phone: (202) 258-8828
    www.centralcoastnutra.net

After reading an email, sent to my email address, from Central Coast Pharmaceuticals, Inc., promoting this "miraculous" way to lose weight, endorsed by Oprah, I decided to give this "FREE TRIAL" a chance. So, I gave this company permission to charge $4.95 to my bank debit card for this amount only.

Little did I know that when my "FREE TRIAL" bottle arrived, there were two products in the package that I did not order, was not informed about prior to my debit card being billed, nor prior to the shipment to me. There was "Hoodiburst Gum" for "only" $9.95 for twelve pieces!!! This was claimed to be an appetite suppressant to chew when one gets hungry. This is such a ludicrous claim, because chewing ANY kind of gum in between meals can relieve some of the hunger pains.

Next was a tiny bottle of "Hoodiawater" for the "bargain" price of $29.95!!! Again, this is claimed by the company to be an appetite suppressant. Give me strength! All of these products only have herbs, which can be very dangerous with taking prescription drugs. I am an RN, so I know this to be true. However, none of us reading the email, or internet information from this company, were informed of this fact. So, my bank debit card was billed for $44.85, without my giving legal consent, for this ridiculous, unlawful scam.

The next mind blower is the return policy. "If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, simply return "ALL UNOPENED UNITS" for a full refund (less Shipping & Handling) within 30 days of the original purchase date." Has anyone ever heard of such an impossible and ridiculous return policy?? I certainly haven't. Let's see... we can return the product over which we are unsatisfied within thirty days of purchase, but ONLY IF IT IS UNOPENED. So, we are supposed to be able to try the units by osmosis to decide if we want to return them or not. Wow, why didn't I think of that? Luckily, I still have the most expensive unit, that being the "Hoodiawater", unopened, so I can actually get a dissatisfied refund; however, the catcher is that this company will not refund S & H fees, and they will subtract a 15% restocking fee out of my $29.95. Doing the math, I will only be credited for $20.50 after these deductions.

This return policy alone should be enough for the legal body in Florida to stake these people down and refund all of our money to us so fraudulently stolen. Does anyone know how all of us, who have been taken for such a fraudulent and illegal ride as we have been, know how to get a group action civil lawsuit going? I want to take this action to put this company out of business, as well as to get all of our money back.

Carol Dixon.

• Pa
      27th of Aug, 2008

I ordered on line, due to an email that I had gotten thur The Ophray Show, stating that I could order a bottle of the POM clear that she recommended..
    I went on line and did this with the order for offering a free bottle and all I had to pay was $1.95 shipping. I of course gave my credit card number to do this and today when I received my package they have charged me $41.85 and sent a package of gum & hoodiawater. I did not order these two items. I do not want my credit card charged with this amount. Only $1.95 was suppose to be put on this.
    Please contact me by email asap.

28th of Aug, 2008

All i want to do is canceal my order because it is causing me trouble with my bladder and is not working for me. My order number 980452. I want it taken off my credit card and i do not want to be charged anymore for it and i am going to tell my bank not to accept the charge on the bank card or from online banking. I can tell from other complaints that people are having trouble dealing with you. Thank you Shelly Kuhl DO NOT SEND ME ANOTHER BOTTLE AND IF YOU DO I WILL SEND IT BACK AND MAKE SURE THAT IT IS OFF MY BANK ACCOUNT.

28th of Aug, 2008

I was taken in by the same scam. I ordered the AcaiPure sample and understood that I would only pay $4.95 for shipping and handling. Today, I recieived the AcaiPure, Zoft Hoodie Gum, and Hoodie Water. I have been charged $44.95 for the two items I didn't order. They will not return the original $4.95 shipping and handling charge. I must pay an additional shipping and handling charge to return the items. They require a delivery confirmation from the shipping provider and a Return Merchandise Authorization number from Customer Care Refunds. I'm sure these shipping requirements will run more than the $4.95 that they charged to ship the items originally. I must also pay a 15% restocking charge for the items I didn't order. What a rip-off!
    Scammed in Nevada

28th of Aug, 2008

I ordered a sample of Celebrity Smile tooth whitening product 8-1-08 for $4.95. Three weeks later a charge of $39.95 showed up on my credit card posted 8-22-08 for a product from Celebrity Smile that I did not order. I left several messages at their toll free number regarding this transaction without getting a return phone call, and so far its been a week and I haven't received any packages from this company either. Looking on line there are many complaints from consumers who had the same experience as I did.

30th of Aug, 2008

As it seems as with all of your other costomers, I was sent items I did not order and will be putting a stop payment on my VISA. You are the reason people are not trusting anymore. May it come back to bite you.

My order # is as follows 1025232 if you should be moved to do the right thing on your own and remove it from my charge on your own...I will not hold my breath as it seems this is business as usual for your company.

4th of Sep, 2008
    Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. - Rebuttal for previous post
    50 King St, Apt # 1
    Westbrook
    Phone: (202) 258-8828
    www.centralcoastnutra.net

This is a rebuttal to my initial complaint against Central Coast Nutraceuticals, discussing my feeling that I had been scammed in receiving two additional products that I did not knowingly order, nor realized that I would be signed up for the automatic monthly shipping of the same three products that one receives in the mail with the free trial bottle for their weight loss product, as well as having my original method of payment being billed monthly for these automatically shipped products.

I sent an email to the president of the company after posting my complaint, in which I expressed the same things that I stated in my first posting. Within a few days, I received a very nice phone call from one of this company's customer service representatives, for the purpose of clarifying the process by which Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc., transacts their business practices.

This customer service rep told me that there are boxes on the sign up screen, on which one orders the free trial bottle of their weight loss product. She explained to me that there are boxes somewhere on this screen in which one can uncheck the boxes that relate to one's being sent, automatically, the Hoodiawater and the Hoodiaburst gum, in addition to the free trial product, and a box to uncheck regarding the automatic monthly shipment/payment deduction from one's charge card or bank account.

I explained to this customer service rep that I did not see these boxes, nor the instructions that accompanied the boxes, and that was why I was so upset to receive products that I did not knowingly order. She was very nice to me, and she assured me that she would give me a full refund on all of the products, she would close my account to avoid further automatic monthly shipping of their products to me, and that she would not charge me the restocking fee.

Today, September 4, I received a phone call from the president of the company, to follow up on the call from the service rep. He was extremely nice, and he reviewed the entire ordering process with his company on the three products/initial offer for free trial, just as the customer service rep had done. He wanted to make certain that I did not have any further questions concerning my experience with them.

I could not have asked these two people to be any nicer to me, nor to do more for me than they have already done. I want to stress to anyone, who orders any products from this company, to research every offer, especially the free trial offer, to be able to make a well informed decision on whether to buy or not to buy, and to understand exactly what their policies/procedures are.

Carol Dixon.

6th of Sep, 2008

I ordered a FREE trial bottle of Acai Pure - charged $4.95 shipping which I understood. They also sent me Hoodiburst Gum at $ 9.95 and Hoodiawater at $29.95 - which I DID NOT ORDER. In reading some complaints from other customers they have had the same problem with these people. I am being charged a total of $44.95 for things I do not want. I should not have to pay postage to send these items back. As I read complaints from other customers, this company will not answer the phone.

They say we have to have a Return Merchandise Authorization number to return. I don't think I should have to return it as I DID NOT order it.

• Da
      9th of Sep, 2008

I was taken in by the same scam! After hearing about the acai fruit, I wanted to try and see what's it all about. I ordered the free $4.95 trial offer, and immediately looked at my checking account to see had the charge been deducted. Lo and behold there was a charge for $49.95, and needless to say I was not pleased. I called the company immediately to demand a refund. The rep began to explain that there were pre-filled boxes and next time I need to be more careful and there was no way to get my refund. Well that was just not going to work!. I advised her I work for the bank, and I'm reviewing my account right now, and it's still a pending transaction, it hasn't been deducted from my account and if she knew what was best for her she should lift the hold from my checking account! After getting absolutely nowhere with her I demanded to speak to a mgr who then began to explain why I received the charges. I explained to him I felt this was a scam, and that the consumer should have the choice whether or not they wanted to order additional products. He apologized and said o.k I still want you to try the risk free trial, so if you want I can charge you the $4.95 only and reverse the additional charges. Silly me when I checked my account yesterday08/08/08 there was the $39.95 charge AGAIN! The interesting thing is "due to the popularity of their products, all of their representatives are currently busy" so you either have to leave a message or call back later. What a shame! Listen people you don't need this product! I recently shed 33lbs from April-Aug by excercising regularly and eating properly. I thought I'd add a little supplement to assist me, but truth is, it isn't neccesary.Just do it the old fashioned way. I've been calling all morning (9/9/08) three days before my birthday (when I should be concentrating on all the fun I'm going to have) trying to get a $40.00 refund. It's ridiculous! Stay far far away from AcaiPure!!!

9th of Sep, 2008

I like several other people have been working hard to get myself back in shape. When i saw this add using Oprahs name I figured it would be a good product to try. I went online and ordered the $4.95 thing and i did choose the water. I declined to choose the gum because of having problems with TMJ. I should have known from the get-go that something wasnt right when there was no where to put a shipping address. My billing and shipping address are different. As soon as i got the confirmation from the company ( hours? later) i clicked on the link for customer support and requested to update my shipping address... no response... i called and was put on hold 5 mins, then a guy comes on the line and says "can you hold please?" and before i could draw a breath to reply i was put on hold again for 15 mins before i hung up. I was repeatedly tried to call and email these people with no results and its been a week now and i still have no product. Someone needs to do something about these people . Does Oprah know that they are using her name to reel people in?

• Am

i have had the exact same problem...trial offer and then a charge of 39.95

• Ra
      9th of Sep, 2008

I too ordered the free trial of acai pure only to find that my card had been charged $44.85. I called customer care immediately and after being on hold for a period of time, I spoke with a woman named Char. She directed me back to the website, where she pointed out that there were additional items checked or what she called "pre selected" on the order page. I was extremely polite and requested those items be canceled from my order and the additional charges refunded. I admit that it was my oversight and she seemed more than happy to rectify the situation. I saw the refund back to my bank account within a few days, like she promised, and have been enjoying my acai pure trial ever since. I am writing this post because I was curious to see if there were other people who mistakenly ordered the "pre selected" items like I did, only to find that there are countless other LARGER companies out there who practice the same "pre selected" items routine. I guess this is the way internet marketing works and urge all consumers to pay close attention and READ what they are signing up for before putting their credit card information into a website. For those affected by Central Coast and their "pre selected" items, you may get some solace from returning to the website that you ordered from.