Central Coast Nutra/Acai Pure / Overcharging

159 Leslie LnShelby, OH, United States Review updated:
I order a free 14-day supply and was to be charged only for shipping of $4.95. The charge came through as $44.95. No receipt page was given to show the discrepancy. I unchecked the offer page for additional products. I want the charge taken off and no product sent.
Lo

Comments

Mi
  10th of Sep, 2008
The EXACT same thing happened to me, my mom and my sister! I will never purchase from them and I have also disputed the charges with my bank and am sending a letter to the Secretary of State's Office and the Better Business Bureau!
  17th of Sep, 2008
Same thing here. I was suppposed to get charged $1.95 and they charged me $44.85 three times! I am disputing the charges with my bank and reporting this fradulent company to the BBB.
Md
  18th of Sep, 2008
I TOTALY AGREE. ORDERED THE TRIAL, OFFERED 1.95 SHIPPING. MY ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED 41.85. NEVER RECEIVED THE PRODUCT. DON'T WANT IT NOW. CALLED 800 # ON HOLD FOR 20 MINUTES BEFORE I GOT HUNG UP ON. CALLED BACK, HELD ON FOREVER, AGAIN, FINALLY GOT TO LEAVE A VOICE MAIL, ADVISING THEM TO CANCEL MY ORDER. NO RESPONSE.
Sa
  23rd of Sep, 2008
Yes I did the same stupid thing. Before I even knew it, the almost free sample became $44.85 and I am afraid they are going to charge me again in 2 weeks. This has got to stop and I want my money back immediately!!! There was no receipt and there is no way to contact this company. The emails bounce back and the phone line doesnt have a customer service agent. What was I thinking?? Maybe that a company would be honorable??? I will probably have to change my bank account and that will be a big hassle as so many accounts are direct debit or deposit. I am reporting them to the BBB
  26th of Sep, 2008
Same thing happened to me. I was actually suppose to only be charged $1.95 for shipping as I started to exit the website and a "live rep" came on and offered to discount my shipping from $4.95 to $1.95. I then ordered the 14-day trial. The "receipt" page that was received did not have the amount listed on it. Two days later, my account was charged $41.85. I have tried calling and emailing the company, but with no response. I am disputing the charge with my bank, reporting them to our state's Attorney General's office, and reporting them to the Better Businee Bureau.

I DID, just now, actually talk with a representative. I told him I want my money back.!!! He said that as soon as I sent the product back to the company, they will give my money back, minus the $1.95 shipping fee. We will see... He said the product was sent out in Florida this morning.. I should be getting it by Monday. Again, we will see.!!
  28th of Sep, 2008
THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME AS WELL, FIRST TIME WAS 45.85 AND NOW 3 WEEKS LATER AS I AM TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF THEM BECAUSE THEIR PHONE IS ALWAYS BUSY, ANOTHER CHGE FOR 35.85, I AM PISSED AND CANNOT UNDERSTABD WHY COMPANIES DO THIS TO CUSTOMERS THAT JUST WANT TO TRY THEIR PRODUCT.
  29th of Sep, 2008
Me too, same thing with this so called Free Trial. Agreed to $1.95 shipping & they charged my acct $41.95. This company needs to be held accountable. They should not be allowed to make offers or be in business with this many complaints. My bank changed my ATM acct card to prevent any other charges.
Ed
  1st of Oct, 2008
I experienced the same rip-off. I ordered the free supply and agreed to pay $4.95 for shipping. The product was to arrive within 2-3 business days. Today is 16 days since I ordered, and received nothing from them except a bill for $44.00 plus the $4.95. No product was ever sent to me at all, but they did send bill. There is something very wrong here. Clearly, this entity is maliciously, intentionally, and fraudulently advertising, selling, collecting money, and not delivering anything.
Something needs to happen fast before others lose more money to this outfit.
Ja
  1st of Oct, 2008
Unless you are into being hung up on and treated rudly on the phone,

DO NOT DO BUSINESS W/ THIS COMPANY.

Unethical tactics employed via an array of confusing company affiliations and lack of competence on professionalism on the part of CENTRAL COAST NUTRA employees
Ba
  1st of Oct, 2008
After review it is correct. READ the information. The genleman I spoke with assured me there is nothing I can do and basiscally laughed. Unfortunatley there is nothing you can do. They dont answer their phone lines and after 3 weeks of trying to get thru I was told to bad. You surpassed the time to return the item.

Very bad customer service
Jo
  6th of Oct, 2008
I too am a victim of this company's scam! How many people will be fleeced before it can be stopped. I was duped with their "Free Trial" offer - charged $45.95 - no product received and no response to emails and no one answering the phone number.
  9th of Oct, 2008
Same thing happened to me, I was supposed to be charged $4.95 shipping but they charged my account $44.85 I had to cancel my credit card to keep them from taking that amount every month. These people need to be in prison!!!
  15th of Oct, 2008
yes on oct 10, 2008 did the same thing 44.85. called just a recording. email no help.what can i do? martha
Ca
  24th of Nov, 2008
I also order free trial of product and was charged 45.85 with not way to contact them. now I am afraid i will be charged for more products too. I will be notifiying my charge card co to not pay.
Ir
  24th of Nov, 2008
Oh my God, I thaught it was the only one i pay $5.95 shipping for the free trial witch i never receive and they charge me $79.95 and still haven't receive anything, it's been 3 weeks I have been calling they never answer . When i order i thaught i would recive and order confirmation, i did not .
We should do something about it, we can not let them get away with it.
  24th of Apr, 2009
I originally ordered the free trial, then a rep came up, dressed like a doctor and offered a "special" package, when I said no or didn't click it, it then offered another...then another and so on. I did in fact click on one of the specials, which was buy 3 get 3 free. I DID get the products when promised. But now am lerry about future business. Not sure if this means that they will keep sending me it regularly as they originally required when I agreed to the free sample. Thought it would nulinvoid the previous agreement where we were no longer getting the free sample due to the purchase of the special package (buy 3 get 3 free). Reading all this makes me wonder if the product is really good or not despite the attention it has gotten on Oprah and other TV shows. Does anyone know if the Acai really works for weight loss and increasing energy? Would love to hear. email me at animals4parties@yahoo.com Thanks.