Centerpoint Energy Houston / Mistaken disconnection of service!

CanterPoint Energy gas division of Houston, Texas accidentally shutoff my gas services this morning for non-payment of my bill which was paid via their online billing services. I had my confirmation print out from my computer had the technician rang the doorbell and notified us. I always call a person at Centerpoint and relay this information but was unable to contact their services. Their voicemail stated they were too busy to take any phone calls right now so call back in thirty minutes so I e-mailed them. Now I have to reschedule reconnection for tomorrow and be available from 8 am to 8 pm a twelve hour time frame due to their mistake which they initially admitted but now their representative Tasha who reports to Michael Anthony is dancing around their even acknowledging this. This is a complete 180 from the customer service that I have received from CenterPoint Energy in the past 30 years. Tasha even danced around the suggestion that I go totally electric so I would not have to deal with them anymore. WOW! What poor customer service!!!

Comments

• Ve
      17th of Sep, 2007

Centerpoint is a big bully! I would write to the big executives who run this joke of a company!

MCCLANAHAN DAVID M & REBECCA

HOUSTON TX 77056-2120

• Te
      28th of Sep, 2007

----- Original Message -----
    From: "Terry S. Singeltary Sr."
    To:
    Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 12:23 PM
    Subject: DEAR METER READERS

I got one of those same letters in the mail. It was a 'Dear .............'
    letter. For the past two months, CenterPoint Energy has attempted to read
    your meter. As a result, your gas usage has been estimated. In accordance
    with our General Rules and Regulations for Gas Service you must provide
    access to our gas meters at all times for inspections, reading and testing.
    Refusal to allow access to your gas meter can result in disconnection of
    your natural gas service. ...then they go on to tell me how much i would
    have to pay to get it turned back on, and then under that, they tell you how
    you can fix this (i did not know it was broken), they then tell you about
    your options, one of which is to buy a (ERT) remote read device, for
    $180.00. or I can pay to relocate my meter. ...

DEAR CENTERPOINT ENERGY METER READERS,

MY METER HAS BEEN IN THE SAME PLACE FOR OVER 50 YEARS, of which you have
    been reading. i have lived here all my life, it was my grandparents
    homestead. we have no dogs, and you have been opening the gate all this
    time (WE DID NOT PUT METER ON THIS SIDE OF FENCE, you did). SO, what's
    changed ? Probably just more greed with the utilities. they want to do away
    with meter readers with a more sophisticated meter, that will do away with
    the meter readers (they claim), and they want the consumer to pay for it.
    what a racket, and the utilities commission is about as broke and bought off
    as the insurance regulators, tx-dot, and everything else. wouldn't it be
    nice if the consumer could do the same and pass the cost of a new central
    air and heat back to the electric and gas companies. where's justice, wheres
    the utility commission $$$

• Te
      1st of Oct, 2007

Greetings et al,

well, i got my bill, and yep, for the 3rd, 4th, or 5th time, not sure, but the supervisor at customer relations was so concerned they will read meter tomorrow. i just went out and read it and they over charged me. there _estimated_ again read on 9/24/2007 was 3134. i read it today 10/1/07 and it was actually 3105. gotta love em, to keep from hating.
    you have wasted my time now with this meter nonsense, now that i know what it's all about. you just want me to buy a new meter, to do away with the meter reader, and make us pay for it, a win, win formula. what a hoot.

have a nice day, but would somebody please read my damn meter, it's in the same place it's been for over 50 years. call me, i will show you where it's at. ...terry

• Mi
      21st of May, 2008

I set up my parents acct for auto bank draft and it did draft on the due date, however, according to them, it was returned so they are charging 20.00 for returned check. Bunch of bull, and they don't budge. I even have proof of when I set up on auto bank draft online. They are and will be getting in deep trouble. They won't even, out of courtesy, waive the charge! I mean, at this point we don't need their courtesy just for them to do what's just..but they will...mark my words.