Center4Grants.com / unauthorized credit card charge

Louisville, KY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 502-409-9378

I did not authorize a credit charge of $39.95 from my card... I did authorize a $2.99 charge to look over this product. I notifed that I did not want this item and they supposedly cancelled any further charges on 11/11/08. I did recieve a e-mail confiming this. On 11/15/08 a charge was placed on my credit card...I expect a full refund, and no other charges.
Sincerely,
Beverly Detroy

Comments

Ry
  17th of Nov, 2008
I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that are located directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button. Also the first paragraph of the Term & Condition refers you to Terms and Disclosures on the sales page.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $2.29 S&H, after the seven day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the fourteen day and twenty-one day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "www.center4grants.com". For questions, call 1-800-479-0979 M-F, 9am-9pm, EST.

For customer service you may call 800-479-0979 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-479-0979 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call us directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
Vi
  20th of Nov, 2008
I haven't even received my cd and am alreadycharged 39.99. I guess 7 days was the order date . I work graveyard and just noticed the charge. I think 11-10-08 was when I inquired on the free cd, here it is 11-20-08. and still haven't received the cd. I think this is a scam to make money on people who don't read the fine print. I will be calling the numbers provided.
Le
  21st of Nov, 2008
I ordered the free cd with s/h for $2.29 on 11-12-08, haven't received it but, was charged $39.95 to my account...just happened to be at the bank as it was posted 11-20-08...The bank teller and I called to cancel and refund for I did not agree to this...I thought I found a company who I could trust but, guess they're aren't any...very disappointed...I would not even want to hear anything from this company again and urge others to be aware as well...
Cl
  27th of Nov, 2008
I did not autorize $ 39.95 credit charge, but I did autorize $2.99 please I want a refund immediately. thank you . this is not fair.
Be
  4th of Dec, 2008
I also requested to receive the free cd for $2.99 s&h charge and as of yet i have not received it but was charged an additional $39.99 of which I did not authorize. I want a refund
Ro
  4th of Dec, 2008
on 19.11.2008 a credit card transactions with your company was done, without authorization of the writer. The breakdown of the transactions is as follow:

Financial Transaction of $ 49.31, monthly service fee of $ 0.82, and foreign fee of $ 1.83 for a total of $ 51.96.

I would appreciate that these funds be directly deposited back to my card account.

I have already called the proper authorities in our area of full disclosure and this issue needs to be dealt promptly.
Da