Cenco Magazine Service / Magazine subscription

1 3585 W. Beechwood Ave Ste. 106Fresno, CA, United States Review updated:

I was called by a telemarketer from Cenco Magazine Service about a free subscription to several magazines. They said I could cancel after the free period was up so I agreed to enroll. When I tried to cancel, they said I could not and that I had to pay them the full price of over $900! They sent me to collections and have reported on my credit file for 6 years! This is a very shady company. Who sells a magazine subscription for $900?

Ji

More Cenco Magazine Service Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Bi
  26th of Oct, 2008

We have the same thing going on. Any idea of what we can do to stop this madness?

Te
  10th of May, 2009

Sounds like thats how they do everybody. I was setup the same way. Something needs to be done.

Pa
  13th of Dec, 2009

Wow I thought I was the only one... I got the same call in 2006 and made the subscription and after three months I called them to cancel the subscription because I hadn't recieved any of the magazines and they tell me that I can't cancel. Now its 2010 and they have billed my credit report for $1500 and I still can't Do anything about it...!!! If this isn't FRAUD then I don't know what is...

Sd
  1st of Apr, 2010

I strongly agree, with everyone that has set up an account with Cenco Magazines, that company is up to no good. I was also called by a customer service representative and after enrolling was asked if I had any questions. So, I asked a few, but one of my questions were if by any chance I no longer wanted to be with Cenco Magazines what do I do to cancel it. I was told that I can not cancel my subscription. The is a load of bull. I'm currently still paying them $16.90 a month which is small in comparsion, but I want out. Is there anything we can do?

Ch
  6th of Aug, 2011

I was a subscriber a few years ago for my business and was contacted by one of there representatives when my contract was up to re-subscribe. I chose not to and canceled my subscription. A few months go by and they're still withdrawing the $16.90 from my account, so I call them up again and talk to the same lady and she says she'll take care of it. Well she didn't do it! I did by having my bank deny access of Cenco Services to my account. That got their attention really quick, they called me and asked for payment. I told them NO, I cancelled service 6 months ago by phone and hung up on them. Guess what, got a "Demand for the Payment of Debt" from Grant Mercantile Agency of Oakhurst, California saying that I owe them $450.19 about two months ago. Is this a real debt collector? My credits already screwed up from losing my house when the market tanked, what's next?

Ha
  20th of Feb, 2012

cancel credit card is the best way to stop them. without a credit card they can not charge you. if you receive threats from the collection call your credit card company and see what they tell you. an operator told me to report it to the credit card company and do not pay for it. they just say that to lure you to pay for it. the reason why they would threat you is because they notice the card can not be charged. you can also try disputing the charge. tell them what happened, the more information you have the better chance of you have to get the refund back. double check with the credit card company. if you used debit you can call the company if you used credit they will probably give you another number to call for credit problems. for example i called east west since i used credit they gave me another number for credit problems (this number was for debit) then i called the number they gave me and i was able to get help from them. the company told me to cancel it is the best, if you prefer not to then dispute the charge. again more info the better give them dates they called, billing info, names, and anything you have related to the case. i hope this helps. i was able to "cancel" but hopefully they still do not charge. again once you give them your number then they can still charge you. that's why it is best to cancel your card.

Ja
  8th of Aug, 2012

I agree. Everything that was listed in the complaints is true. This is nasty crooked company and their collection agency Grant Mercantile is the same. I bet this collection agency receives thousands of accounts from this crooked Magazine Service. Cenco Magazine is probably one of their largest accounts. Cenco Magazine Service is definately a scam and fraud operation. I will continue to fight this because they misrepresented themselves and I do not owe them $1000. I will never pay them. Never!!!