Cenco Magazine Company / fraudulent activity

1 Bay City, MI, United States Review updated:

This magazine company has been a scam from the beginning. I had to pay a couple of months before I had even received the magazines. I discovered that it was much cheaper to order the magazine sucscriptions individually and attempted to cancel the subscription with the company. They stated that they had no cancelation policy. I also noticed that the 3 years with them was up, but still there was over $400 left that they said that I owe. I have never signed anything or received any terms of service. I continue to tell them to stop the harrassment which is about 4-5 phonecalls per week and bills at least once per week. The magazine that I do receive are very random. out of the 5 that I wanted, I get 3 of them regularly and don't receive the others. However, there are about 6 of them that they subscribed me to, titles including Women's Day, Us, Spin, and a couple about yatching and island vacations which I am stuck with for more than 2 years.

Br

Comments

13th of Apr, 2009

I too have been duped by this company! I did not get or barely the magazines I asked for, all I got was women wear daily, giant, spin, yacht, orange county etc ect and they charge you an outrageous sum in these crappy times. I just gave the operator a bunch of f-bombs abiut what a bunch of crooks they are. shame on them!

• Co
      15th of Apr, 2009

so how did you get them off your back, have you found anyway to cancel

• Ha
      20th of Feb, 2012

call your credit card company tell them you want to cancel your card. you should explain your situation as well. if they are already charging you you can dispute the charge. the more info you give them the better chance you have in getting a refund. the best way to stop them is to cancel the credit card asap. i have talked to my credit card company and this is what they recommended. if you continue to receive letters from them after you cancel, tell your credit card company again and ask them what to do. they told me it is a trap so do not pay for it but double check with your credit card company. what i did was i called the credit card i have, they gave me a number for credit problems then i talked to the operator about my problem. the thing was the company my card said was for debit card so that is why they gave me another number for credit. once they do tell them your concern and what you want to do. i hope this helps.