cellulardeals.com / scammed into getting phone

1 CO, United States Review updated:

I spoke to one of their representatives and told him what I wanted to do and how I was going to use the phone through verizon. He told me that if I wanted to transfer the phone to another line on my verizon account after I used an upgrade from another line that it was ok as long as verizon would allow it. He put verizon on the line and verizon said that it was fine so I ordered the phone. When the phone arrived It had a piece of paper that said If I did that I would owe cellulardeals.com $300!!! I tried to get the customer service reps to transfer me to their coorperate office but they said they were closed no matter what time I called. They said that they would have them call me and they never did. I got onto the Better business bureau site and it turns out they are out of business and have no contact information for them at all. www.cellulardeals.com IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THROUGH THEM. If I would have changed anything on my plan after activating that phone I would owe them $300!!! dont do business with them.

More cellulardeals.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ni
      21st of Aug, 2011

Radioshack also says in their agreements that we'd have to pay $200 to them if we change anything in the plan, so this is no different. I am not a cellulardeals.com customer as yet, but just thought I would point this out that even popular stores like radioshack have such a policy. I am also trying to figure out if cellulardeals.com is a credible place to buy my upgrade phone, and landed on this page :)