Cellular Services Worldwide (Csw) / I was taken by this company

I have just discovered that this company (Csw) has been billing my verizon bill $9. 99 each month for ringtones which i have never requested, agreed to, or subcribed to. Because i have 4 phones on my bill, each phone has a $9. 99 charge which i just assumed to be the monthly charge only to be told by verizon that csw has been billing my acct. For months. Verizon was kind enough to credit 1 month and also gave me the number to this sham organization. When i phoned them there was only 1person answering the phone, when i asked to speak to the supervisor, the person would not give me his / her name and became very defensive. I asked to be credited back for all the months they billed me in error, to which the response was: no! That they did not just get my cell no out of the air, that someone subcribed to this service??? No one subscribed to this serv! I wud receive a monthly text about this ringtone subscription but it did not indicate that my account was being billed for it, therefore i wud just delete the message, not knowing that they were billing my acct every month.

This sham outfit should be put out of business by the fcc! Consumers are unknowingly being scammed by individuals such as these without their knowledge.

Comments

• Ci
      31st of Jul, 2008
    CSW (world wide ringtone service) - Billed for services not agreed to
    CSW
    Alabama
    ringtonetimes.com

I am being billed for services I did not agree to and want the charges taken off my cell phone bill. My number is 205-388-6961. I tried to call the 877 # but was not able to even get the system to except my call. Please REMOVE these charges!

7th of Nov, 2008

The same thing happened to me but with Virgin Mobile! What can be done about this?

• Co
      21st of Feb, 2009

Can you provide the phone number to Cellular Services Worldwide? I have same situation, but with Sprint. Sprint says they can't help !