Cellular Blowout.com / FRAUD - ILLEGAL PRACTICE

CA, United States Review updated:
I purchased a phone on 12/15, they took the funds immediately. No confirmation email, in fact no correspondance. As it was a gift and money was tight, I started trying to find them. No contact number on their site. I found it on my debit charge. I left several emails and submitted my desire for a refund since it had not shipped as of the 21st, 22nd...no response. On the 23rd (day before Christmas Eve) Armando blogs that they are out of stock and I will see a refund in 7 days and have a nice day. Funds are tight for all of us, and I did not have the funds for this. I had to get a replacement and that cost some presents under the tree...since I still have not seen a refund...still waiting... but if I don't see it soon I will hound them and email everyone and use the same web they are using to deceive people to let all I know that they are FRAUDS and their business practice if not illegal is at the very least poor. The better business bureau has them rated at a n F... wish I had checked that out before I ordered. Lesson learned, but the shame is that my kids had to learn the lesson with me.

Comments

Ac
  11th of Dec, 2008
Item shows 'in stock', once ordered your card is charged immediately and item is usually not in stock. Weeks go by with no update or contact and when you try to call and charge or cancel your order, the phone system is a loop...you can't leave a message, you can't speak to anyone...it is a scam!
An
  24th of Feb, 2009
One hundred percent agreement here. I placed a rush order for an unlocked international cell phone in early February and have had the same experience. I almost missed the confirmation e-mail because it went into my browser's trash can. They have a phone number (818/889-1789), but all of the prompts eventually direct you to their Web site, where you can place a customer service ticket. No one ever reads these, apparently, and they do not adhere to their promise of getting back to you within 48 hours.

After about two weeks of waiting, I called their number and pushed one of the alternate prompts -- "Corporate Accounts, " and ended up in someone's voice mail. I left an extremely ticked off message. A few hours later, I received an apologetic, form-letter e-mail telling me that the product was on back order due to high demand. They offered me a car charger as a peace offering. I was going overseas -- what the heck do I need a car charger for? Not surprisingly, about 10 days later, when I again called to check on the order, they had changed their phone prompts. Now there's one for customer service, which never works, and one for address and fax -- which eventually directs you back to customer service. Seems the "corporate" line has disappeared.

This place apparently does have an address -- 29399 Agourra Road, Suite 103, in Agourra Hills, CA, 91301, and a fax number of (818) 889-5610. The fax number appears to work. But then, so does the phone number when you first call. I wouldn't be surprised if this company is really a one-room office.

In the future, I'll check places like the BBB first. As the person above said, live and learn, but this was an aggravating and expensive lesson.
Ma
  25th of Mar, 2009
This company is so unprofessional! I recieved a product it did not work on my services so i returned the product. I am so upset because that was january 30th 2009 i sent the product back i have not recieved my refund yet! I need my refund now and whoever decide to go with this company will be disappointed.
Li
  4th of Apr, 2009
ordered product, money was deducted from my acount within 10 minutes, 2 weeks later asked for the status of the phone - they said it was on backorder and they would give me a free carcharger for the hassle, a week and a half later requested status again, no reply for 2 days, went online and followed their directions for canceling the order and requesting a refund, 2 days - no response - as it stands now I'm in bankruptcy, no- not because of the phone, lol, but my bankruptcy attorney is going to look into cellular-blowout.com