CellarBrokers.com / 5 weeks and nothing!!!!

I placed an order november 1st and was charged on the 3rd...three weeks went buy and after calling about 50 times before I actually got a hold of someone some lady gave me some story about a mix up at the distributer and my wine would arrive within the week...nothing...so after calling over 100 times with no human answering just a voicemail I left several messages and sent about 5 other emails and nothing...This company is bogus and I haven't heard of anyone actually getting a product...DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF. If I do by the hand of god just so happen to get my order I WILL let you know but don't be suprised if you never read that post.

Jeff DEC 4th

Comments

• J
      22nd of Nov, 2008
    CellarBrokers.com - will not ship order and doesn't respond to inquiries and has my credit card number
    Cellarbrokers
    California
    cellarbrokers.com

internet sales of product - inability to respond to inquiry about order via email or phone calls. I had placed an order over two months ago and have tried to contact them and they will not respond but continue to send email on supposed deals at their website. Do not recommend this site and in ability to delivery product.

• Pe
      24th of Nov, 2008

hi,

same story here. i ordered a couple of bottles early october, they charged my credit card and i haven't received anything yet. they don't answer the phone or return emails or voice mail messages. i want my money back!

peter

• Ke
      29th of Nov, 2008

I have had the same experience. I ordered some wine on Nov. 13th and it is going on three latter and I have not heard any work about my delivery. I have e-mailed them, and called both their 800 number and their phone book number numerous times with no success. I feel like I've been suckered and I amy very angry.

Kevin

• Da
      29th of Nov, 2008

Having experienced the same complaint (ordered 12 bottles, credit card charged, no delivery of product, now disputing charge with citibank, and finally cancelling my credit card), I would be happy to participate in any future class action law suit against this company.

First thing Monday morning I plan to file a complaint with the Attoneys General office of New York.

I look forward to reading about the future indictments and criminal proceedings to follow.

• Ru
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Same story here. ordered 6 bottles in late September and was charged but have yet to receive the wine. Have called numerous times and have also tried there live online help but they have yet to respond.

• Ke
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I just got off the phone with my credit card company who was able to conference call the wine store by calling the 800 number. They are cancelling my order as I requested. Good luck to everybody else. I really learned a lesson.

Kevin

• El
      2nd of Dec, 2008

same thing here... ordered 3 bottles and it's been over a month with no word. i've tried to call and the mailbox is "full". i've written countless emails, no response. terrible experience and i'm out $ and no wine!

• Sh
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I ordered 6 bottles on November 5th. Was sent verification it would be shipped in 7-10 days. Needless to say - I have not received any wine nor any responses to my numerous e-mails.

After many unanswered phone calls to them, I finally reached a "live" person. She assured me they were a ligitimate company and that I would receive confirmation by e-mail within 2 hours with a tracking number. It never came. She told me they were a new company and just "growing so fast" that they just haven't been able to keep up. Now I'm sure it's a total scam. Dang it - I wanted that wine!!

• Eh
      11th of Dec, 2008
    CellarBrokers.com - Charged credit card but never shipped
    Cellarbrokers
    Dumont
    New Jersey
    Phone: 8006837812
    cellarbrokers.com

Placed order on 9/25/08. Credit card charged 10/07/08 but wine was never shipped. Email and phone calls get no response. The live chat sponsored by Liveperson.com said I would be a full refund but that was on 11/13/08. I filed a complaint with the New Jersey state's attorney general but am not sure where the business resides, if at all.

• De
      23rd of Dec, 2008

Stay away from Cellar Brokers! They are good at taking your money and poor on delivering.
    They explain away their incompetence and lack of service with an aray of lame excuses. Their website should warn customers that their purchases may take weeks to even be shipped. It is rare you can get anyone on the phone. The online customer service chat offering is, well, non-functioning as far as I can tell. Such a bloody experience, never again.

1st of Jan, 2009

I have to agree with everything said here regarding CellarBrokers. I ordered wine on 10/2/2008. The sales rep confirmed it was in stock and charged my card for ~$300. After 3 weeks of not receiving the wine, I repeatedly called to get status. After 3 days I spoke with a live person and they mentioned a "Supplier or Distributor strike." I asked them to refund my purchase as I did not want to wait any longer. They have not refunded my card, so I have disputed the charge with American Express. Let them deal with these criminals.

• Bo
      6th of Jan, 2009

Cellarbrokers is located in Southampton, NY. I placed an order december 12 and exerienced the same problems you identify. They have now promised that a reversal of the credit card charge will appear on my statement today. If not, I will take action against them.

• Ro
      6th of Jan, 2009
    CellarBrokers.com - Horrible experience!
    CellarBrokers.com
    cellarbrokers.com

I ordered wine on 9/5/08 and they charged my card several days later. A couple of weeks later I tried contacting them via e-mail, via 'on-line chat' and phone. I received one e-mail response that said they would ship the wine in a couple of days -- it never arrived. I tried their 'on-line chat several times. I only found someone available twice -- other times I waited for 20 minutes and no one ever responded.

I finally got an on-line person who said they didn't have the vintage I requested (after they had promised several weeks earlier to ship the same wine). I told her to cancel the order. When I didn't receive a confirmation of cancellation or see a credit in a couple of days, I disputed the charge with my credit card company. About 7 days later they finally credited my charge. Horrible experience!

• Ti
      29th of Jan, 2009

I have to agree, I had placed an order in October and received it then in November and received it in mid-December, but dec. 3rd order never got off the ground. They did followup with an e-mail saying that they were being delayed on the 18th with no response since. The difference being they never charged my card. I have e-mailed twice with no response. But I always use American Express, If you have a problem they get your money back. Over 5k in the past 5-years. It is my primary card.

6th of Feb, 2009

Cellar brokers are ###. Can we sue them or a waste of time and money gone??

8th of Feb, 2009

ordered a case, credit card charged within 3 days. 8 weeks pass no wine . & calls 5 e-mails none answered. Disputed charge with credit card company and received a credit . 3 months pass and case of wine arrives from cellar brokers. another month and invoice arrives to me for payment . I sent them a check and took cellarbrokers out of my future purchases listings. the company has major customer service issues . Strongly suggest " Find another Wine Merchant "

• Ro
      10th of Feb, 2009

I too placed an order in late November and when I found out the wine was not in stock I called and cancelled the order...To my surprise 3 days later they charged my card # for the total purchase price. I called and the woman I spoke with said I would receive a full refund...am still waiting..have called at least 3 or 4 more times since then...My bank claims since I used the Debit/Charge card linked to my checking account they can't do anything about it...So I am out my $$...a little frustrating..

• Sm
      29th of Oct, 2010
    CellarBrokers.com - Do not order any wine from this merchant
    Cellarbrokers.com
    cellarbrokers.com

This on line wine broker stinks - I ordered a case of wine from this seller and only received 6 of the bottles, which took over a month. I have waited over 3 months for them to apply a credit to my card for the 6 bottles I never received. They replied twice that the credit was applied but it has never shown up on my credit card. They do not return phone calls and there is absolutely no customer service. Do not order any wine from this merchant.