[Resolved] Cell C Surance / claims department

1 johannesburg, South Africa Review updated:

I have a cell c insurance that is meant to cover my phone for theft and damage which I pay every month. on the 24 April 2017 I took my phone in for repairs (damaged screen) at Maponya mall Cell C outlet, they then made me fill in the claim forms and they e-mailed them to Cell C surance, I do have the proof of that e-mail. on the 28th of April I called to follow up with Cell C surance to check if they received the claim forms as I was advised by the store agents. I was told that they did not receive my claim documents, I then resent them using my own e-mail address (sandilem@sttb.co.za) to cellc@finrite.co.za and I also received a "read confirmation" from a SYS CELL C. I again called their number which is [protected] which you hold for about 30 minutes without any answer and when they eventually answer, I was still told that they did not receive my claim form, seeing that we not reaching any conclusion on the matter I requested their physical location so I can personally drive the forms, the address provided by the phone agent was 390 ontdekkers, roodepoort, I drove to that location only to find out that is a shopping complex (florida junction). till to date I am struggling to confirm the receipt of my claim form. I also wonder those people who does not have or afford airtime to hold on for 30minutes if they ever receive help.

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, May 09, 2017

Thank you, we will be in touch to assist.

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, May 12, 2017

Dear Mr. Masando

We understand that we have made contact with you, and we have advised that your claim has been approved, after consultation with Finrite.

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Feb 12, 2018

Dear Mr. Motaung

Thank you for making contact with Cell C and bringing your query to our attention.

The matter has been escalated and we will call you with feedback.

^NS

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jul 11, 2018

Hi Kedibone,

Apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

Please email us your contact details to sm@cellc.co.za.

We will follow up on your query and revert back.

^SM

Ma
May 2, 2017

Comments

• Ce
      2nd of May, 2017

Hi Masando

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and for the unpleasant experience.

Please send us your query + Cell C number + an alternative contact number and our team will assist.

Our email address is sm@cellc.co.za.

^NS

• Tu
      9th of May, 2017

It's very frustrating as client whereby you have phone insurance and they are unable to assist you in regard for claiming your phone. I've tried to contact the cell c surance several time I keep on hold more than 30 minutes no consultant will up the phone. C surance it is failing clients, since I submit my claim in 02 Feb 2017 and also paid the access fee I'm struggling to get hold of them please contact me on this number 0613890104

28th of Jun, 2017

Hi there my name is geraldene venecia butler I have an insurance acc with you guyz. ive been a customer of yours for almost 2 years never claimed. my daughter's phone needs to be repaired she already handed it in at the cell c shop closes to us but every time we ask about it then its still at the cell c shop.. I mean really now the service is poor please see to it that you send the claim forms to cell c or to my daughters email address..

@emerentiajacobs Dear Ms Jacobs

Thank you for making us aware of this matter.

Please forward the Cell C number, job number + contact number to sm@cellc.co.za

We will get in touch with you to assist.

29th of Jun, 2017

@@cellc_support Hello there emerentia here my cell c number is 074277398. im still waiting for a job number my phne is still at cell c store at the bridge shopping centre.. dont know if there is a job number yet

29th of Jun, 2017

@emerentiajacobs Thank you. We will be in touch.

29th of Jun, 2017

Hi there sowi to bother but I just came from cell c at the bridge greenacers port elizabeth just to be informed that the insurance that is being deducted from my account is for an old contract I have upgraded in march 2016. the contract was renewed telephonically so we did not know we had to recapture the new imei num so please tell me what I should do about that because I no longer use the samsung s3 mini im using the samsung j5 now and thats the phone I want to claim for.. so how do I go about my samsung j5 please let me know. my phone is still at the cell c store by the way I seriouslly need my phone urgent

29th of Jun, 2017

@emerentiajacobs We'd like to call you so that we can speak to the insurance and see what can be done.

The number you have provided is missing a digit. Please provide the correct one.

@@cellc_support Sorry about that the number is as follow 0742773987/081 8596616

30th of Jun, 2017

@emerentiajacobs Thank you, we will be in touch.

3rd of Jul, 2017

Morning still waiting on your phone call

5th of Jul, 2017

@emerentiajacobs Thank you for taking our call.

As advised, we have escalated the matter with the insurance, and we hope they provide feedback that will benefit you as well.

5th of Jul, 2017

Morning guys I received an phone call yesterday still waiting for the feed back from the complaints board.. need my phone guys

7th of Jul, 2017

Good morning everyone I just want to thank skhumbuzo from complaint board for the excellent service I got from him. he really helped me with my claim as far as I know my claim has been submitted just waiting to hear when I must go and fetch my hand set so thanx a million skhumbuzo from geraldene butler.

• Gs
      1st of Aug, 2017

Good day,

it is very frustrating and worst service...since 10 days was calling to c surance customer care to get hold and i was made on hold for hours and hours due to high call volumes. still not sure the consultant will answer my call. can anyone please provide me the alternative numbers for c surence.

2nd of Aug, 2017

@GSnaidu Dear Mr GSnaidu

Our team is well placed to assist.

Please send your query to sm@cellc.co.za & include your Cell C number + contact number if not reachable on your contract number.

• Th
      12th of Feb, 2018

hey My name is Thabang, I took a phone at cell c store in bethlehem(dihlabeng mall) and i was advised to take insurance but was never told about terms and conditions.i put on an insurance claim to csurance and was told the claim was declined, because the sim card that was in the phone at the time the phone got stolen was not a sim card that was insured.i was never made aware of such terms now i have to pay a phone that i dont have.what was the use of taking insurance if it wont give me a new phone?
    Please assist me 0760785408 thats where i can be contacted
    My ticket number for the claim is:424959.

• Go
      15th of Jun, 2018

[Ticket ID: 764924]

I have contacted CellC Newmarket and advised that they I have waited 6 months for the claim to be approved.
    In the meantime, I have already purchased a new phone, as one could expect.

Please advise the following:

• Why can this amount not just be deducted of the amount that Cell C / Csurance will pay out
    • This amount will be paid in cash, as the claim took 3 months to receive any feedback and still not resolved. And cash is what I have already paid for my current phone
    • What is the amount, as it should be equal to what I would have paid for my handset if bought it new cash? i.e. REPLACEMENT VALUE
    • When will this matter be resolved???

It has been 6 months, CELL C advised me to go for CSURANCE. Cell C are the ones I pay for this cover! The reason is to have it replaced if lost or stolen - WITHIN A DAY or TWO MAX!

CELL C cannot blame CSURANCE as I ONLY dealt WITH CELL C!

Steven 0834714853

• Mo
      11th of Jul, 2018

Hi my name is Kedibone.My phone's screen was damaged and I took it to cell c waterfall mall in rustenburg.Even today my phone is still there and it's almost 3 weeks now.The forms were filled and my ticket number is 511110.Everyday I've been phoning C surance to find out why is my phone not collected from cell c store and they always promise to send the courier guy to collect it.The courier guy when he arrives at cell c he doesn't my phone but collects other phone's, simply because of the poor service from C surance as he wasn't told to collect it.How am I supposed to deal with this, every month I'm paying for the insurance for what?????

8th of Aug, 2018

Hi
    Just had terrible experience with C-surance. You pay insurance premium for specific mobile equipment value, but if they can't repair the phone they want to replace it with cheaper phone for the value at the time of loss, this is rediculous as the phone is damaged! what value do they want to derive from a damaged phone? This means that if you take good care of your phone and after two years it gets damaged it will be replaced with a phone around 10% or less the value it was 2 years back. Your insurance premium does not decrease over this time. What is the benefit of having insurance? If your phone gets damaged or stolen in the first couple of months, there's a hefty excess payment required. They still deducting the same premium for a phone worth next to nothing. Cancelling it this month and no more C-surance as well as Cell C. I am done, and would advise friends and foe to rethink dealing with these two... Insurance claim was for 0742390558 and I can be contacted on 0718705815.

10th of Aug, 2018

@Cerl Dear Cerl

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query regarding your C- Surance claim. Kindly forward us your query to sm@cellc.co.za and include you Ticket ID number.

^NZ