[Resolved] Cell C / services paid for not supplied - new contract [protected]

Johannesburg, ZA

I took a new contract with Cell C on the 9th of November via their on line sales Department by salesman Sabelo Mtshali. The Sim Card was delivered to me on Thursday 16 November. The Sim was activated later that night as I could see that pro rata data was allocated. I could however not access the internet. I called a lot of times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get it resolved and yet the problem remains unsolved, I still cannot access the internet. I had to do all the work to see what the issue could be, including 2 sim swops, calling them back to confirm whether it was working or not. I did get good service from Philani Msweli until yesterday when he gave up. Money has since been deducted for the data that I cannot use and no-one is helping me any further. I see this as either fraud or a scam for extracting payment from me for a service not rendered and not assisting to get it rectified. I am not the first complainant, there was a similar complaint as recent as September on this same forum. I do want the contract, it is a good deal so I want this fixed immediately by giving me a new line that works as well as confirmation that the data supplied (which is paid for) will not disappear at month end as I was not given the means to use it.

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Nov 22, 2017

Dear Ms Xides

We would appreciate the opportunity to look into the matter.

Please expect our call during the course of the day.

• Updated by Erika Xides, Jan 22, 2018

I totally disagree with the resolution statement noted by Cell C, "Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned." I was the one that contacted you religiously to try and resolve this, I only received calls from you once the issue was resolved, showing that if I relied on you to respond I would have waited longer for my query to be resolved. And, every call was answered - so no failed attempts to contact me - how can you lie like this? This should be considered as a bad image to the Company, selling a contract where the line is defective expecting the customer to resolve it? Absolutely disgraceful.

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jan 23, 2018

Dear Ms Xides

Please note that the resolution statement is not from Cell C but the Complaints Board.

We were unable to reach you telephonically and left you voice messages. We will try to contact you again today.

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jan 24, 2018

Dear Ms Xides

We are unable to reach you. Please provide us with your alternative number of contact or advise of a suitable time.

Er