[Resolved] Cell C / my taxi service

South Africa

On the 28 Jan 2017, I made use of the My Taxi service. I booked a pick up at my residence(Sea Point) and the drop off would be in Melkbos, then a pick up at Melkbos to drop me off at my residence again later that day. They picked me up on time at my residents and dropped me off in Melkbos. When it came time for my pick up in Melkbos to take me home again this is when the problems just kept rolling in.

They phoned me to tell me they cant get a taxi for me, could i be patient, they will phone me back with an update. I said no problem, i waited a hour and still no phone call, I called back to ask what was happening? they said they still cant find a taxi, they will let me know. Still no phone call back from Cell C.
At this point i was so furious, Cell C has left me stranded, I phoned them back and gave them a piece of my mind, the women i was was speaking too was very rude and arrogant. I told her i have phoned a taxi and they are on the way, so why did Cell C struggle to get a taxi? She then said Cell C will pay for my taxi ride that I organised. When I ask her how will Cell C refund me? as in the process i must take, she could not tell me.

Cell C is quick to offer all these services to make you sign up but dont care if the service actually works or not. I am a very dissatisfied Cell C client and will be reconsidering carry on with my contract.

I am a premium client who is paying a premium price and this is the service I receive. Its unacceptable.

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jan 31, 2017

Hi Antony Lebenon, we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. Could you please forward us your contact details to [protected]@cellc.co.za, as we would like to address the matter. ^BM

An