[Resolved] Cell C / frustrated customer

Cape Town, South Africa

Good day sir

I would like to inform you about my frustration I have with Cell C Direct service.

I was offered a contract in April 2016 for wifi rooter. It was delivered to my house without a sim card.

Ever since I have been struggeling to get the rooter activated. I called numerous numbers but are send from pillar to post.

I was adviced to buy an unregistered sim card, then I have to call 084140 so they can activate sim. I did that but nothing still works.

After more calls I was adviced to call 084143, then 084145...I also visited branch in Parow Centre and Canal Walk, Cape Town for assistance.

No one seems to be able to help and they keep on reffering me to call centre numbers, where nothing seems to be done.

I was promised on 3 occasions that they will fix the matter by doing a sim swop.

Nothing done...today I visited branch in Zevenwacht Mall where a helpful Amy tried to assist but I saw her frustration on her face too. She was told that I should pay for the sim swop after she called three times. One of the times I witnessed that the phone was put down in her face.

Is this the way Cell C deal with customer concerns?

I am paying this contract for 10 months and cant make use of any data. I never used anything but my money are being withdrawn from my account diligently, every month. I feel that your company benefits on my account.

Here I am again...frustrated and feel I want to cancel this contract with immediate effect. I hereby request Cell C to reimburse all payments that was deducted from my account immediately. Please send your delivery service to collect your rooter.

I no longer want to deal with Cell C.

I trust to hear from you.

Morris Jacobs
[protected]

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jan 11, 2017

Hi Morris Jacobs, the matter has been escalated and our team will be calling you to help. ^NS

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jan 12, 2017

Hi Morris, thank you for giving us the chance to resolve your query and thank you for choosing Cell C. Have a wonderful day. ^TM

Mj