Cell C / unauthorised charges

1 South Africa Review updated:

Cell C in South Africa ran a "Dream Call" Competition that ended in May.

I have been receiving SMS' s every day since - announcing the so-called "winners"
The problem is that I'm being charged R1.50 EVERY time I receive this sms.

How can I be charged DAILY for a competition that ended in May?

This is proposterous, and could definitely be constituted as fraud.

I demand that my account be credited with the Airtime they took fraudulently.

R.Klopper

Comments

20th of Dec, 2011

I belong to ‘Dreamcall’ and pay for it everyday for months and months now.

I received an sms late afternoon and assumed it had to do with Dreamcall. I phoned Cell C and they said Dreamcall does not go through them and they gave me the telephone number of Dreamcall, which is 0841934567 to phone, but I kept getting a fast engaged signal each time and COULD NOT GET THROUGH????
    The sms read: "Customer ID: 44497013 (which is my cell phone number through my Cell C Contract but without the 08 in front of it); and
    Pin Code: 92854379
    Balance: 10 000
    Call +22720392040 to transfer ur winnings to a bank account.
    Thx for playing with us.”

I phoned the number and a recorded American lady’s voice came on asking for my name, which I gave and then it said press #, which I did. I got as far as my Surname with pressing # after saying it, as I was asked to by the recorded voice and then I was cut off, as by phoning this number it took R87, 00 off my airtime, leaving me WITH NO AIRTIME AT ALL!

I’m a single parent and cannot afford this. As it is, I am looking for work in East London, South Africa and battling terribly since my temp job ended and I have a 17 year old son to look after and put through matric next year. I DEMAND a refund of the R87.00 for sending me an sms making it look as if I had won via DREAMCALL!

I hardly check my emails, so can someone from Cell C Dreamcall please phone me on 0844497013 (seen you take R1, 50 off my account daily) as I get sms’s from you daily and clarify with me what is going on. PLEASE phone me on my cell number and not via email, as I hardly check emails, because the computer is in my son’s bedroom.

Charlene Wild
    East London, South Africa
    Tel: 084 449 7013 (Contract number with Cell C)

20th of Dec, 2011

I belong to ‘Dreamcall’ and pay for it everyday for months and months now.

Pin Code: 92854379
    Balance: 10 000
    Call +22720392040 to transfer ur winnings to a bank account.
    Thx for playing with us.”

Charlene Wild
    East London, South Africa
    Tel: 084 449 7013 (Contract number with Cell C)

• Ha
      21st of Dec, 2011

This same thing happened to me, I did everything "the voice"asked me to do.But unfortunately I was cutoff in the middle charging me about 50 Ethiopian Birr.

• Bo
      10th of May, 2016

074 816 1478 - balance in April R300.00 I paid half of the amount in April
    074 207 3305 - balance in April - R110.00 which I paid in full
    061 283 0664 - balance was R81.00 paid in full in April. The contracts for the 3 phone ended in January 2016 but till today I am still paying unpredictable amount from Cell C. Call centre Agents drops calls on me,

• Em
      11th of Oct, 2016

I have been paying for this service since 01 December 2013 and was last billed on 03 October 2016!. It costs R1.50 a day. My airtime still gets deducted but I have no idea what this competition is about. I once called the call center for assistance but they were useless. Please cancel this subsciption!!!