Celebrity Smile / charged for products I did not order

12399 Belcher Road South, suite 140Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-692-8352
I ordered 1 celebrity sample for $1.00 plus $4.95 for shipping . They continue to send me orders that I did NOT order and bill me $44.90 a month on my credit card. I have sent product back and they keep sending and charging me. I can not contact the company because they say that the wait is 72 min. or longer. I have stayed on the phone for hours trying and no one ever answers. I called them at 6 am this morning and they have an old message saying they are closed due to the Thanksgiving holiday and will re-open on Friday the 28th. Today is Dec 1 This company is by far a scam

Comments

Largo
Florida
Phone: 1-888-692-8352
celebrite-smile.com

I am trying to return their product 'celebrity smile' but they make it very difficuct. For all return merchandise they require a delivery confirmation from the shipping provider. And then you need to get a 'return merchandise authorize' numberfrom customer care. I've tried to get in touch with customer care numerous times to get my so called 'return merchandise authorization' number. The number is either busy or you are put on hold for extremely long time. I have yet to get hold of anyone. I have never had a problem returning a legitimate product to a legitmate company.
Ol
  25th of Nov, 2008
Want to cancel the "trial" and can`t reach them (I`m put on hold for over an 80 minutes!)
Me
  1st of Dec, 2008
Same thing is happening to me - what are we getting for 44.90? My charges are not a month apart - 10 days - please let me know if you find a resolution for this.
Melissa Hall
Ta
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I was looking into trying the "free sample" of this product, but the catch was: when you agree to their terms and conditions you are agreeing to monthly shipments charged to your card as well. They know people do not always read the terms & conditions. This is how they make their money and they even state, in caps, "I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS CONSUMER TRANSACTION INVOLVES A NEGATIVE OPTION, AND THAT I MAY BE LIABLE FOR PAYMENT OF FUTURE GOODS AND SERVICES UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR $39.95 PER MONTH IF I FAIL TO NOTIFY THE SUPPLIER NOT TO SUPPLY THE GOODS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED. It does list an email contact to cancel future orders: support@centralcoastnutra.net, maybe you'll have luck with that - rather than the phone.
Mi
  6th of Dec, 2008

Celebrity Smile - charges to card
Texas
Phone: 361-772-1339

I purchased product for 4.00 then after that paid the 33. for the product then they charged my card a few weeks ago for 44.90 and never gave them authorization to do so and never got a product.

Michelle Romero

361-772-1339
Li
  7th of Dec, 2008
I too ordered the sample on line and just received by credit statement. The company already charged me $4.95 but not there are two charges, one for $39.95 and another for $44.00 of unauthorized charges. I have called the credit card company who has filed a dispute. How do I stop this scam company from putting any other charges on my credit card. I am livid that they can do this. I asked my credit card company to stop any future charges from them but they stated they could not do this. How do we put this company out of business? I consider this internet fraud
Fa
  8th of Dec, 2008
Same here, I've been trying to call the company for the past two weeks and everytime I call the operator for the number says that the wait is always either 35 to 45 minutes and 4 times I've waited on the line and when it gets closer to the time it hangs up the line automatically. It's really frustrating. I did receive a trial in mail and the second charge after the initial couple of dollars was the full amount for the product which I have, however the second charge came through 2 weeks ago and no more product has come in the mail and after numerous emails and calls, I've gotten no where and no more responses via email.
Re
  13th of Dec, 2008

Celebrity Smile - HORIBLE PRODUCT & CS
CELEBRITY SMILE

I DECIDED TO TRY A TRIAL OFFER OF THIS PRODUCT FOR 4.95. I RECIEVED THE TEETH WHITENING PRODUCT IN THE MAIL AND IN VERY SMALL PRINT ON THE CONTAINER IT STATED THAT YOU NEEDED TO APPLY THE PRODUCT AND SMILE FOR 15 MIN. IT ALSO STATED THAT IT MAY CAUSE TOOTH SENSITIVITY.
I CALLED THE COMPAY TO CANCEL ANY FURTHER CHARGES OR FUTHER DISTRIBUTION OF THIS PRODUCT AND SAT ON HOLD FOR 65 MIN BEFORE SPEAKING WITH SOMEONE. THEN I RECIEVED A CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD SERVERAL WEEKS LATER ANYWAY, EVEN WHEN THE GIRL I SPOKE WITH AFTER HOLDING FOR 65 MIN CHRISTINA TOLD ME THAT I WOULD NOT RECIEVE ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
SO I CALLED THE CO. BACK TO DISPUTE THE CHARGES THIS TIME SITTING ON HOLD FOR 83 MIN, ONLY TO SPEAK WITH A VERY RUDE INDIVIDUAL WHO HUNG UP ON ME. BEING A DETERMINED LATIN I CALLED BACK AGAIN THIS TIME SITTING ON HOLD FOR 93 MIN AND WAS CONNECTED WITH A MANAGER NAMED TRISH, SHE ALSO WAS VERY RUDE AND ARGUED WITH ME AND FINALLY AGREED TO CREDIT ME ONLY $15. I SENT COMPLAINT EMAILS AND NEVER RECIEVED A RESPONSE. THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GARBAGE. ULTIMATELEY I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND NOTIFIED THEM OF FRAUDULENT CHARGES AND HAD MY ACCOUNT NUMBER CHANGED. I LEARNED MY LESSON AND WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS TYPE OF RETAILER AGAIN. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST PURCHASING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.
REBECCA
Mp
  15th of Dec, 2008
I been trying to call the company and always been on hold twice for 53 minutes. received a trial I ordered, but, didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the trial in the internet email. After 15 days, I received a product and a charge of 44.90. when I called the first time, I was upset and showed it over the phone. The operator was horrible and told me since the product was opened when I sent it back 4 weeks ago, the charge will stand and they never returned by product. Hows that !! The product stated and explained, if not satified for 30 days, you can return it. So, when I called them the second time, ( I talked to them in a very nice manner, thanking them about the product and talking very nicely, even thou I wanted to rip there heads and again was on the phone for 53 minutes.) I knew if I talked with them this way, I might receive my credit after all. The gentlemen said since I was very calm and thank you for trying the product and not liking it, he would credit my card, minus the shipping cost of
$4.95 . It took only 3 days for this company to credit my debit card. try it.
Na
  16th of Dec, 2008

Celebrity Smile - extra charges
Celebrity Smile
Iowa
Phone: 712-563-3953

I ordered the free trial, then canceled any further charges or orders; they sent me more, which I returned, but won't quit billing me!! Stay away from this!
Ca
  3rd of Jan, 2009

Celebrity Smile - dont want it. how do i send it back?
Auburn
Washington
Phone: 253 833 1712

received product i didnt ask for and just want to send it back and not receive anymore and of course get my money back.
Ro
  7th of Jan, 2009
Re: HELP!! Celebrity Smile!!I cancelled on time with a Nick. I specifically asked him if I needed to return the product and he said "I don't have to"

I was charged two weeks later and when I called back (after waiting on hold for 40 minutes) and explained what Nick told me the agent said "well Nick must have assumed you had read the terms and conditions advising I would be charged if I did not return the product. So it was up to me if I wanted to not be charged $39.95" Mind you she did not offer me the Return Merchandise Authorization number. I had to pry it out of her. What slimmy people they are.

I urge everyone who has been hoodwinked by these scammers to report them to the Better Bussiness Bureau in Florida.

here is the link http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/Home.aspx

Here is the company name and address:

Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc.
12399 Belcher Road South, #140
Largo, FL 33113

Its easy to file a complaint on-line. Let's put these scammers out of business.
Pb
  8th of Jan, 2009

Celebrity Smile - charges
Fulfillment Center
Largo
Florida

Like many others I orderd the sample product only. There was no mention of future charges. Plus my sample product was damaged. Thanks for having a site to report these scams. P
Ja
  21st of Jan, 2009
I was also charged for an order I did not authorize. I fell for the free trial and agreed to pay the shipping cost of 3.95.
Next thing I know I have repeated charges of 39.95 on my credit card.
I too have tried in vain to cancel. I have complained to Amex sho is investigating.
When shipments came in the mail, I refused acceptance and sent back to vendor.

This is a mess.
Sh
  28th of Jan, 2009
This very same thing is happening to me. I called 1-888-692-8352 and pressed option #2 to "Manage shipments" . While on hold, the recording directed me to a website, www.getorderhelp.com I actually didn't hold for very long and was able to cancel my membership with a slightly less than professional representative. Just to cover all bases, I also went to the website indicated and selected the option to cancel my membership there as well.

We'll see how that goes...$44.90 a month is just ridiculous!
Bm
  12th of Feb, 2009
Wow! I thought I was the only one feeling like I was being ripped off! I too ordered the "free trial" for $4.95 at the end of November. I did not receive my "free" product until one week before Christmas and on my credit card statement for Dec. I was automatically charged #39.95. I too tried to call the company with waiting on hold for over a half hour. I then contacted my credit card co. to dispute this charge, (they (MC) were helpful and dropped the charge), however now my Jan. statement has a charge of $44.90! So here I go again. I will try some of your other customer's ideas and hope I can get this resolved once and for all. By the way, I did not see my teeth looking any whiter!
bt
Sa
  13th of Feb, 2009
I am dealing with the exact same problem. I did email them and they agreed to stop sending things and charging me. However, one week later I was being charged for a completely different product that I had never ordered (which I think was Hoodiastar). I emailed them about that as well, but never heard anything back and am still trying to remove that charge from my account. Ugh! I hate scammers.
Am
  19th of Feb, 2009
Beware b/c we started to get charged 29.95 a month for fit-fact after we cancelled the membership to celebrity smile. We did not order this service and it was charged to our account by celebrity smile. Does anyone know someone we can call to bring this business down. It is a scam. Do not Buy!!!
Do
  2nd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I spoke with a supervisor one more time with celeb smile and she just played head games and was demeaning and rude. This is an absolute scam.

I called the Federal Trade Commission and filed a complaint, it only took 6 minutes of my time and let me tell you it feels WELL worth it.

Next is the Pheonix AZ Attorney General, at the FTC recommendation.

The more people that do the same the faster we save other people from this scam.
Ca
  3rd of Apr, 2009
WHAT A SCAM!! Doesn't work worth a darn. Also they expect you to put this on TWICE A DAY and not close your mouth and walk around 'smiling' like a jack@$$ for 15 minutes at a time. They billed my credit card $39.95 AFTER I cancelled and they basically told me 'too bad'. I was only able to get part of that back (well, not yet--we'll see) but they seem to take pride in ripping you off! There's no free trial. They still end up getting more than $25.00 of your money. DON'T FALL for it!!!