Celebrity Smile / charged for products I did not order

1 12399 Belcher Road South, suite 140, Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-692-8352

I ordered 1 celebrity sample for $1.00 plus $4.95 for shipping . They continue to send me orders that I did NOT order and bill me $44.90 a month on my credit card. I have sent product back and they keep sending and charging me. I can not contact the company because they say that the wait is 72 min. or longer. I have stayed on the phone for hours trying and no one ever answers. I called them at 6 am this morning and they have an old message saying they are closed due to the Thanksgiving holiday and will re-open on Friday the 28th. Today is Dec 1 This company is by far a scam

Comments

• Pa
      Nov 24, 2008
    Celebrity Smile - theeth whitener
    12399 belcher rd. south , suite 140
    Largo
    Phone: 1-888-692-8352
    celebrite-smile.com

I am trying to return their product 'celebrity smile' but they make it very difficuct. For all return merchandise they require a delivery confirmation from the shipping provider. And then you need to get a 'return merchandise authorize' numberfrom customer care. I've tried to get in touch with customer care numerous times to get my so called 'return merchandise authorization' number. The number is either busy or you are put on hold for extremely long time. I have yet to get hold of anyone. I have never had a problem returning a legitimate product to a legitmate company.

• Ol
      Nov 25, 2008

Want to cancel the "trial" and can`t reach them (I`m put on hold for over an 80 minutes!)

Dec 01, 2008

Same thing is happening to me - what are we getting for 44.90? My charges are not a month apart - 10 days - please let me know if you find a resolution for this.
    Melissa Hall

• Ta
      Dec 02, 2008

I was looking into trying the "free sample" of this product, but the catch was: when you agree to their terms and conditions you are agreeing to monthly shipments charged to your card as well. They know people do not always read the terms & conditions. This is how they make their money and they even state, in caps, "I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS CONSUMER TRANSACTION INVOLVES A NEGATIVE OPTION, AND THAT I MAY BE LIABLE FOR PAYMENT OF FUTURE GOODS AND SERVICES UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR $39.95 PER MONTH IF I FAIL TO NOTIFY THE SUPPLIER NOT TO SUPPLY THE GOODS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED. It does list an email contact to cancel future orders: [protected]@centralcoastnutra.net, maybe you'll have luck with that - rather than the phone.

• Mi
      Dec 06, 2008
    Celebrity Smile - charges to card
    Texas
    Phone: 361-772-1339

I purchased product for 4.00 then after that paid the 33. for the product then they charged my card a few weeks ago for 44.90 and never gave them authorization to do so and never got a product.

Michelle Romero

361-772-1339

• Li
      Dec 07, 2008

I too ordered the sample on line and just received by credit statement. The company already charged me $4.95 but not there are two charges, one for $39.95 and another for $44.00 of unauthorized charges. I have called the credit card company who has filed a dispute. How do I stop this scam company from putting any other charges on my credit card. I am livid that they can do this. I asked my credit card company to stop any future charges from them but they stated they could not do this. How do we put this company out of business? I consider this internet fraud

• Fa
      Dec 08, 2008

Same here, I've been trying to call the company for the past two weeks and everytime I call the operator for the number says that the wait is always either 35 to 45 minutes and 4 times I've waited on the line and when it gets closer to the time it hangs up the line automatically. It's really frustrating. I did receive a trial in mail and the second charge after the initial couple of dollars was the full amount for the product which I have, however the second charge came through 2 weeks ago and no more product has come in the mail and after numerous emails and calls, I've gotten no where and no more responses via email.

• Re
      Dec 13, 2008
    Celebrity Smile - HORIBLE PRODUCT & CS
    CELEBRITY SMILE

I DECIDED TO TRY A TRIAL OFFER OF THIS PRODUCT FOR 4.95. I RECIEVED THE TEETH WHITENING PRODUCT IN THE MAIL AND IN VERY SMALL PRINT ON THE CONTAINER IT STATED THAT YOU NEEDED TO APPLY THE PRODUCT AND SMILE FOR 15 MIN. IT ALSO STATED THAT IT MAY CAUSE TOOTH SENSITIVITY.
    I CALLED THE COMPAY TO CANCEL ANY FURTHER CHARGES OR FUTHER DISTRIBUTION OF THIS PRODUCT AND SAT ON HOLD FOR 65 MIN BEFORE SPEAKING WITH SOMEONE. THEN I RECIEVED A CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD SERVERAL WEEKS LATER ANYWAY, EVEN WHEN THE GIRL I SPOKE WITH AFTER HOLDING FOR 65 MIN CHRISTINA TOLD ME THAT I WOULD NOT RECIEVE ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
    SO I CALLED THE CO. BACK TO DISPUTE THE CHARGES THIS TIME SITTING ON HOLD FOR 83 MIN, ONLY TO SPEAK WITH A VERY RUDE INDIVIDUAL WHO HUNG UP ON ME. BEING A DETERMINED LATIN I CALLED BACK AGAIN THIS TIME SITTING ON HOLD FOR 93 MIN AND WAS CONNECTED WITH A MANAGER NAMED TRISH, SHE ALSO WAS VERY RUDE AND ARGUED WITH ME AND FINALLY AGREED TO CREDIT ME ONLY $15. I SENT COMPLAINT EMAILS AND NEVER RECIEVED A RESPONSE. THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GARBAGE. ULTIMATELEY I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND NOTIFIED THEM OF FRAUDULENT CHARGES AND HAD MY ACCOUNT NUMBER CHANGED. I LEARNED MY LESSON AND WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS TYPE OF RETAILER AGAIN. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST PURCHASING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.
    REBECCA

• Mp
      Dec 15, 2008

I been trying to call the company and always been on hold twice for 53 minutes. received a trial I ordered, but, didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the trial in the internet email. After 15 days, I received a product and a charge of 44.90. when I called the first time, I was upset and showed it over the phone. The operator was horrible and told me since the product was opened when I sent it back 4 weeks ago, the charge will stand and they never returned by product. Hows that !! The product stated and explained, if not satified for 30 days, you can return it. So, when I called them the second time, ( I talked to them in a very nice manner, thanking them about the product and talking very nicely, even thou I wanted to rip there heads and again was on the phone for 53 minutes.) I knew if I talked with them this way, I might receive my credit after all. The gentlemen said since I was very calm and thank you for trying the product and not liking it, he would credit my card, minus the shipping cost of
    $4.95 . It took only 3 days for this company to credit my debit card. try it.

• Na
      Dec 16, 2008
    Celebrity Smile - extra charges
    Iowa
    Phone: 712-563-3953

I ordered the free trial, then canceled any further charges or orders; they sent me more, which I returned, but won't quit billing me!! Stay away from this!

Jan 03, 2009
    Celebrity Smile - dont want it. how do i send it back?
    Auburn
    Washington
    Phone: 253 833 1712

received product i didnt ask for and just want to send it back and not receive anymore and of course get my money back.

• Ro
      Jan 07, 2009

Re: HELP!! Celebrity Smile!!I cancelled on time with a Nick. I specifically asked him if I needed to return the product and he said "I don't have to"

I was charged two weeks later and when I called back (after waiting on hold for 40 minutes) and explained what Nick told me the agent said "well Nick must have assumed you had read the terms and conditions advising I would be charged if I did not return the product. So it was up to me if I wanted to not be charged $39.95" Mind you she did not offer me the Return Merchandise Authorization number. I had to pry it out of her. What slimmy people they are.

I urge everyone who has been hoodwinked by these scammers to report them to the Better Bussiness Bureau in Florida.

here is the link http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/Home.aspx

Here is the company name and address:

Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc.
    12399 Belcher Road South, #140
    Largo, FL 33113

Its easy to file a complaint on-line. Let's put these scammers out of business.

• Pb
      Jan 08, 2009
    Celebrity Smile - charges
    Fulfillment Center
    Largo
    Florida

Like many others I orderd the sample product only. There was no mention of future charges. Plus my sample product was damaged. Thanks for having a site to report these scams. P

Jan 21, 2009

I was also charged for an order I did not authorize. I fell for the free trial and agreed to pay the shipping cost of 3.95.
    Next thing I know I have repeated charges of 39.95 on my credit card.
    I too have tried in vain to cancel. I have complained to Amex sho is investigating.
    When shipments came in the mail, I refused acceptance and sent back to vendor.

This is a mess.

• Sh
      Jan 28, 2009

This very same thing is happening to me. I called 1-888-692-8352 and pressed option #2 to "Manage shipments" . While on hold, the recording directed me to a website, www.getorderhelp.com I actually didn't hold for very long and was able to cancel my membership with a slightly less than professional representative. Just to cover all bases, I also went to the website indicated and selected the option to cancel my membership there as well.

We'll see how that goes...$44.90 a month is just ridiculous!

• Bm
      Feb 12, 2009

Wow! I thought I was the only one feeling like I was being ripped off! I too ordered the "free trial" for $4.95 at the end of November. I did not receive my "free" product until one week before Christmas and on my credit card statement for Dec. I was automatically charged #39.95. I too tried to call the company with waiting on hold for over a half hour. I then contacted my credit card co. to dispute this charge, (they (MC) were helpful and dropped the charge), however now my Jan. statement has a charge of $44.90! So here I go again. I will try some of your other customer's ideas and hope I can get this resolved once and for all. By the way, I did not see my teeth looking any whiter!
    bt

Feb 13, 2009

I am dealing with the exact same problem. I did email them and they agreed to stop sending things and charging me. However, one week later I was being charged for a completely different product that I had never ordered (which I think was Hoodiastar). I emailed them about that as well, but never heard anything back and am still trying to remove that charge from my account. Ugh! I hate scammers.

• Am
      Feb 19, 2009

Beware b/c we started to get charged 29.95 a month for fit-fact after we cancelled the membership to celebrity smile. We did not order this service and it was charged to our account by celebrity smile. Does anyone know someone we can call to bring this business down. It is a scam. Do not Buy!!!

• Do
      Apr 02, 2009

I spoke with a supervisor one more time with celeb smile and she just played head games and was demeaning and rude. This is an absolute scam.

I called the Federal Trade Commission and filed a complaint, it only took 6 minutes of my time and let me tell you it feels WELL worth it.

Next is the Pheonix AZ Attorney General, at the FTC recommendation.

The more people that do the same the faster we save other people from this scam.

Apr 03, 2009

WHAT A SCAM!! Doesn't work worth a darn. Also they expect you to put this on TWICE A DAY and not close your mouth and walk around 'smiling' like a [protected]@$$ for 15 minutes at a time. They billed my credit card $39.95 AFTER I cancelled and they basically told me 'too bad'. I was only able to get part of that back (well, not yet--we'll see) but they seem to take pride in ripping you off! There's no free trial. They still end up getting more than $25.00 of your money. DON'T FALL for it!!!

Apr 11, 2009
    Celebrity Smile - charged for product I didn't receive
    Winder
    Georgia

I received my free sample for 1.00 and postage, no problem. Now my credit card has been charged for more product I didn't order...what gives?

• El
      Apr 20, 2009

Cancel your credit cards NOW! It looks that we are all in the same boat with this. I was dumb enough to go for the phony ad of a mom in Minnesota who tried two whitening products together to find the perfect combo. Celebrity Smile was one and Teeth Whitening Now by Advanced Wellness (ha, ha) Research. When I called the first one regarding the $39.95, I got this smug, smart @$$ kid telling me how stupid consumers are and they legally have every right to do what they're doing and it is his experience with working for this company that he has learned not to get scammed. Well, how nice for him. The later company has thrown several charges on my card. I cancelled both orders promptly and I've contacted the latter company five times. From the sounds of every rep I've talked to, it is somewhere in India. They keep telling me they will be refunding my money and instead are charging more. I cancelled my card and am filing a claim with Visa to get my money back. I even have an email confirmation from their company attesting to my cancellation! This has been a very trying experience. I wish there were a way to ban these types of "business" practices. Best to you all!

• St
      Apr 23, 2009

I have the similar bad experience. The Celebrity-smile is frauding customers and designing some terms intending to let customer get into a trap. How can we fight this kind business company?

• St
      Apr 23, 2009

Celebrity-smile is the worst I met so far. I think the company designs some terms intending to fraud customer. We need to fight but I don't know whether some ways to fight back and get the charge money.

• Am
      May 20, 2009

Close your accounts and cancel your cards NOW, it is the only way to STOP them! In the time I wasted trying to cancel my order right after I placed it they charged me for stuff I didn't even order. CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNTS CLOSE YOUR CARDS!! Don't try to dispute it with your bank or credit card company, I was informed that the time that it takes to to that is more time for them to charge your account because you AGREED to let them charge your account for the S&H and that is a contract!!
    Just bite the bullet for the S&H fees.

These companies WILL not work with you no matter what they say!!!

• Ta
      Jun 07, 2009

This company's customer service SUCKS. The representative I spoke with about additional charges to my credit card (AFTER I CANCELLED THE TRIAL OFFER), repeatedly talked about the disclaimer on the internet regarding the cancellation time frame and ignored the fact that I canceled the shipments because the product caused me irritation. She was unconcerned and unapologetic about my physical well being and came across as agitated by the fact that I was calling with a complaint. When I canceled with the first rep, I wasn't told to return the unused portion within 30 days to prevent future charges. I specifically asked if I had been charged anything other than the $4.95 and If any additional shipments had be mailed and I was told "no". That was the PERFECT time for him to tell me to return the unused portion if this is what had to be done to prevent further charges. After receiving my bank statement that following month, I was irate to find a charge for $39.95 two days after my cancellation call. When I read the return policy on the packing list, it states "REFUND EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR TRIAL OFFERS". No exceptions were given to me whatsoever when I called to dispute the charges. I learned about this product on a face book advertisement; maybe if we all post enough complaints on our social networking sites and forward to all of our friends, the company will get a bad reputation and go under!

• Pi
      Jun 22, 2009

I called the 1-888-692-8352 costomer serivce number you then have to press 3 and you talk with a live person. I was offered this over the phone and agreed to try the sample for $4.95 for the cost of shipping. they never stated that i would occur another charge for that first trial they said i would be charged $39.95 every month there after and would attomatically ship the product. Well i cancel after not even recieving the first trial tube. and i still got charged the $39.95 for the second tube. I called and complained and they said the $39.95 was for the trail tube and i had agreed to the terms over the phone. THIS IS A SCAM AND A RIP OFF!!! never recieved any product and was still charged $4.95 + $39.95. This is a Bull $hit company and to think theirs someonw making alot of money off of us for nothing no product we are paying money to talk to someone for about 10 min or more in my case. The customer serivc rep was extremly rude. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT OR U WILL BE SORRY!!! buy it on ebay for much less.

• Ce
      Jul 03, 2009

The same type of situation happened to me. I am disputing these charges with my credit card company. This outfit is a fraud.

• Cy
      Jul 06, 2009
    Celebrity Smile - Unauthorized funds taken out of account
    celebrity smile and colopure
    largo florida

I ordered a trial sample and was told on the add all i had to pay for was the shipping and handling which was a 1.95. I recieved the box with the tooth whittening stick with no paperwork other then instructions on how to use. I thought that it was over but on july 3 i checked on my account and saw a 39.95 charge on my account contacted my bank and they gave me a number for celebrity smile which i called and they were closed. I contacted them on the 6th of july and was told that it was not a sample but a trial offer and that i was to return the unused portion in 14 days then my card was not to be charged... However this was not stated anywhere or was it written in any paperword that i received in the box with the sample.

• Sh
      Aug 17, 2009
    Celebrity Smile - There's no FREE Trial
    Sharon Eaton
    3521 Milano Court
    Palm Beach Gardens
    Phone: 561-309-2001
    celebritysmile.com

They keep advertising a two step process of teeth whitening gels. Just click on it for a FREE TRIAL of $3.95 or $4.95. Meanwhile within days they charge your card between $49.95 & 79.95 for a membership per month !!! Either their phone # is disconnected or there is no return address. What a scam !!!

Aug 26, 2009

similar experience and they mentioned they refunded my $$ and i still dont see it back and its been more than a month!!! definately a scam

• Ky
      Oct 02, 2009

Go to this site: www.getorderhelp.com to contact Celebrity Smile's customer service.

Call: 1-888-223-6197

Good luck--you're going to need it with this company.

• On
      Oct 13, 2009

yeah, the whole business practice they used is obviously misleading. I question how any intelligent person can honestly work for that company/business, let alone purposely do it, daily.

• Li
      Oct 24, 2009

Thank you guys so much for all of this information. Everyone's comments and information was very helpful and you guys just saved me a ton of head ache. I fell for this scam too and fortunately I was able to come across this website 11 days after I applied for a free trial of this stuff! Three more days and it would have cost me forty bucks! I was thinking about getting the free trial on line, I put in all the information in and the last minute decided to x out of it. They kept putting pop up blockers on my screen trying to get me to submit the form. The next day a guy from the company called my house and started talking to me about the stuff. I asked him a ton of questions and I thought that I had all the information that I needed. I had to drag it out of him that they would charge me after that every month. He told me that all i had to was call back after I got the free trial and cancel the order. The guy that I talked to on the phone told me that I had a month to cancel the order! When it is actually only fourteen days! I still have not got any of the free trial product. Once if figured out that even after I canceled the order they would keep charging me, I quickly changed my account number on my credit card. Fortunately this whole experience has only cost me 99 cents, thanks to you guys posting your complains online. From now on, I am going to research whoever I am giving my credit card number to.

• Pe
      Oct 28, 2009
    Celebrity Smile - Charged for Free Trial
    Georgia

After reading a testimonial which now I think was fake, I decided to do the free trial that was offered. I noticed that that there was a charge on my checking account which I had used to cover the shipping and handling charge. When I contacted the company they told me that the free trial was only for 14 days and then I paid for the product. The product is totally useless. I am a dental hygienist and was curious as to whether it really works. Now I am totally disappointed. I am $61.75 ripped off and feel totally violated. DO NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT! RUN FROM THS PRODUCT! RUN VERY FAST!

• Bi
      Oct 29, 2009

I got stung over a month ago... I have incurred NO charges...
    HERE IS WHAT TO DO:

*If you used your major credit card... call immediately and report it. Have them treat the account as if your card had been stolen (because basically, it has).

*Call the Dazzlewhite and ell them EXACTLY this:

"I DID NOT AGREE TO THOSE TERMS AND I SHALL BE SUBMITTING AN AFFIDAVIT OF FRAUDULENT CHARGES TO MY BANK."

and:

"I DID NOT AGREE TO THOSE TERMS AND I SHALL BE SUBMITTING AN AFFIDAVIT OF FRAUD TO MY ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE (BBB, FBI and/or FTC).”

Also tell them:

“I HAVE CANCELED THE ACCOUNT. MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY HAS IDENTIFIED YOU AS A FRAUD AND CANCELED MY ACCOUNT DUE TO THEFT.”

I would repeat these statements VERBATIM several times during the course of your conversation with Customer Care. It sounds odd, but it drives home your legal rights. I wrote down the statements (in quotes) so I could say them fluently. Say these statements clearly and strongly, repeat them several times. This strengthens your stand legally with these con-artists and they know it.

I was issued two cancellation emails that stated I was still responsible for the $79.85 charge. I kept repeating those statements (above) and I was finally issued a six digit cancellation number that made the $79.85 charge "go away". They still wanted to charge me the $1.95. I told them that my credit card company had identified them as fraudulent and the card was flagged as "stolen", therefore, there was no longer an account for the $1.95 to be charged to. The customer service representative then had the nerve to ask me if this was a checking account! I informed him it was not - it was credit and now the account was gone. The customer service representative now wanted to send me a check for the $1.95 refund (I am not joking). This is the point I insisted on speaking to a supervisor, simply stating, “I do not believe you understand me.“ - and I think the representative finally agreed. Upon speaking to the supervisor, I repeated the statements in quotes (above) a couple of times to her. She supposedly made the $1.95 charge go away.

• To
      Oct 29, 2009
    Celebrity Smile - SCAM!!!!

I fell for this as well. Does any one know if they changed or added any thing to their website. There seems to be too many of us who fell for this scam. I guess you learn from your mistakes. I never do these kinds of things because I'm so forgetful. Had I seen that I would be signing up I would not have order a so called "free trial"!

• Ne
      Jan 04, 2010
    Celebrity Smile - unauthorized charged
    fulfillment center
    411 PARK PLACE APT 5J
    Fort Lee
    New Jersey
    Phone: 201-673-6778

I have been charged twice $87, I can't contact the phone was provided from my bank.How can I find that company to get my money back?

• Op
      Jan 16, 2010

THIS COMPANY APPEARS TO MAKE A HABIT OF RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. I SHOULD HAVE VISITED THE WEB SITE FIRST. I ORDERED A PRODECT ON FREE TRIAL, RECEIVED A RMA# VIA EMAIL, MAILED OUT UNUSED PRODUCT SAME DAY. THEY RECEIVED THE PRODUCT AT NOON AND THAT SAME DAY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT ANYWAY.
    I HAVE CONTACTED THEM 11 TIMES EACH TIME I HAVE BEEN TOLD SOMETHING DIFFERENT. ORIGINAL CALL, I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD RECEIVE MY REFUND WITHIN 24-48 HOURS. WAITED 72 HOURS AND CALLED AGAIN, WAS TOLD AT THIS TIME THAT IT ACTUALLY TAKES 72 HOURS, STILL NO REFUND. NEXT CALL WAS TOLD THAT IT TAKES 10 DAYS, STILL NO REFUND. NEXT CALL..I AM SORRY THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU 10 BUSINESS DAYS, STILL NO REFUND. NEXT CALL, 30 BUSINESS DAYS. NEXT CALL, 30 ACUTAL DAYS, STILL NO REFUND. NEXT CALL, SORRY I DO NOT KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BE REFUNDED (SUPERVISOR). SUPERVISOR'S ARE THE LAST LEVEL OF COMPANY, THEY HAVE NOT BOSS AND CAN NOT CONTACT THE ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT TO SEE WHEN YOU MAY BE REFUNDED. OH BY THE WAY THE BANK IS AN INTERNATIONAL BANK, SO YOU WILL BE CHARGED FEES.
    TODAY IS JANUARY 16, 2010, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET REFUNDED SINCE November 14th. THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE REALLY NEEDS TO LOOK REALLY HARD INTO THIS COMPANY., EACH TIME YOU SPEAK WITH SOMEONE THEY ARE IN A DIFFERENT STATE. PRODUCT WAS RECEIVED AND MAILED BACK TO FLORIDA.
    DO NOT FALL FOR THE FREE TRAIL, IF YOU RETURN THE PRODUCT THEY WILL CHARGE YOU ANYWAY AND YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE A REFUND!!!

Jan 26, 2010
    Celebrity Smile - being charged for product when wish to cancel
    Debbie
    Bay City
    Michigan
    Phone: 989 891-6204
    [protected]@hotmail.com

I ordered a $1.95 sample trial of celebrity smile. When they called to verify my order I emphatically stated that only $1.95 was to be charged to my account and I did not authorize any further charges. I am in receipt of another sample and have been billed on my VISA. I am in need of a Return Merchandise Authorization Number which is not available by phone at the number given by them (1-888-692-8352) which brings me to this website which is where I am supposed to be getting an RMA #. I am disputing this with VISA and refusing to pay the bill. I still have the product and am unable to return it.