Celebrity Brites / IWINWHITENING / Celebrity Brites

Framingham, MA, United States Review updated:
4.65
The previous complaint is a carbon copy of what happened to me - and now my credit card company is fighting with Celebrity Brites to remove the charges. This is totally illegal - they said nothing about sending me anything further or any further charges - and they are now acting indignant because I didn't want to pay for something I never ordered - there was a buried paragraph somewhere about my having to call to cancel if I didn't want any more! Beware of Celebrity Brites!
Sa

Comments

Na
  11th of Nov, 2008
I went to fill my daughter's prescription and my card was denied because Celebrity Brites charged my card 88.97, on 11/9/2008, I recieved the 14 day trial on 10/31/2008. Not only did there own sales representative Mark James advise me after I called hysterical on 11/10/2008 that I had 20 days to cancel from the date of receipt, but I also had a valid case. Now I emailed support@celebritybrites.com to only get a response from probably the nastiest customer support representative ever. Who basically said that I am responsible for the charge because I have 20 days from the day of order being placed to cancel. My response was I didn't get it until 13 days later so how can I cancel or consider cancelling something I don't have? I am disgusted and cannot believe that in this day and age where everybody is having a hard time staying afloat a company can twist it's terms and agreements to suit the needs of there pockets meanwhile a 2 year olds health depended on getting medication and was denied because of the dishonesty of a company who uses a name similar to a reputable company "Celebrity Smile" I will pursue the refund to my account.
Li
  11th of Nov, 2008
I had the exact same experience. I didn't know there were additional charges if I didn't cancel. And there refund policy is a scam. You have to get a refund number but you have to call or email during business hours only -- email during business hours only? You cannot refuse or return the shipment for a refund without the refund number. This is truly a scam. I was on vacation when the shipment arrived so there was no way the return could be postmarked within the limited return time even if I could have gotten them to give me the return number. This company should be put out of business.
Ri
  13th of Nov, 2008
SO BOGUS !!!
I just got the 88.97 yanked out of my account today as well, there is no one to talk to about this, I CERTANLY never agreed to have them STEAL 88.97 from me every month !! " for the love of Pete "
I cancelled my bank account and told them I want to Report Fraud. I'im sure some very small 2 point font hidden in the bla bla it prolly said something about I need to cancel before 14 days-- I sure never seen it. IM VERY UPSET... I would like to bust thier teeth they will not need the product they will need new teeth !! argh ...
Ba
  13th of Nov, 2008
Oh my God! Same thing happen to me! word for word~ It bounced my checking acct. I feel so stupid! I just found out yesterday when I called the bank to check on my balance. I'll will be going to the bank with the print out from all of you. Thanks for posting. I hope it helps me get my money back! What a pain in the A_ _! When I talked to the rep. today, he was super rude to me too! What is this world coming to.
Supid in Seattle~Barbara
Jo
  18th of Nov, 2008
Same thing here and I'm having trouble accessing their web site and getting a response via e-mail. Do I feel stupid? You bet. Am I angry? You bet. To quote a famous movie: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore."
Kh
  24th of Nov, 2008
I am right there with you! I received the trail, which I have yet to have time to use and planned on the $5 charge. However, I too received the $88.97 charge to my charge card and received the same instruction to "e-mail customer support". The response I received was not only misleading, but unprofessional, inappropriate and unhelpful. I WILL NOT be paying this charge and will fight this to the end!!! I have yet to receive any "further shipment" that apparently was sent and charged to me. I advise all of you to contact your Attorney Generals for your respective States and let them know about this misleading, fraudulant company!!
Du
  26th of Nov, 2008
Ditto on all of the above. What a rip off. How can I ship my last package back that I haven't received yet, but the money is long gone from my checking account.
Na
  1st of Dec, 2008
I couldnt agree more with everyone's complaints. I will fight the charges as well. VERY AGGRAVATED IN CHICAGO
Ca
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Someone please give me the address of this foul company in California. I tore off their label in order to put a new one on to send back. Now I have no address!!! I had the same experience as the others. I called the toll free number and asked for an address. They said I had to go online and use the web address and "they" would instruct me. What a laugh! I have a charge on my visa bill and I want to return the items and get a refund. Help, Help.
Ne
  14th of Jan, 2009
Same thing happened to me, I just ordered on line just for the trial kit, my obligation is to pay the shipping...I paid with my B of A card. After few weeks the merchant arrived... I was so happy thinking that for the whole set was free. My husband wants to have one also but since it was free..i ordered the starter kit for my husband using his WAMU card.UNtil I got surprised because they billed me right away in my BofA card and WAMU card amounting 88.97 each month both my credit cards. Since im just interested the free trial... I did returned the item with the letter enclosed, I called them many times but theyre not being helpful, they advised me to email them which I did many times...but never response at all. So meanwhile I called both of my cards to stopped paying them but they said the dont have the right to do this unless I can give the the cancellation permit.But how can I produce this permit, theyre not being helpful.