Celebrity Brites / Fraud

3600 Oceanview Blvd. #2Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-360-1477

While on my computer one day a Pop-Up came on and said that I could have a free 14 day trial of Celebrity Brites teeth whitening kit. It said all you pay is shipping. I put the $4.95 on my credit card and just a few days ago $88.97 was taken from my checking account without my approval. When I called and asked why they did it they said that I had approved it and $88.97 would be deducted from my account every 30 days. I had to go to the bank and change everything so that they didn't have my card number anymore.

What got me the most was the man said to me, "We go through this 95 percent of the time." So they are doing this to everyone. It is fraud, it is theft. They are liars and thiefs. I learned a lesson from this, nothing is free! These people should be stopped. The Glendale Police Dept. said I could file a complaint at my hometown Police Dept. and it would be sent to Glendale. I think I'll do it!!!

Comments

Ma
  20th of Oct, 2008
The same thing happened to me. Talking to their representatives via email was frustrating. I simply sent the product back, with tracking by the usps. Once delivered, they had to refund the amount to my checking, and did. After all, they KNOW the law regarding returns.
Wi
  4th of Nov, 2008
I was taken in also except that my sample arrived broken with all of the paste gone. I returned it and asked for another sample. It never came but instead I received the $88.97 charge becaude, they said, I Did not apprise them of my not wanting the product within the 20 day period. They nevear said anything about the defective sample and continued to sstonewall me. I will now send the product back via USPS tracking and see what happens. I will also cantact my police station as was suggested, along with the BBB.
Jo
  7th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me. These folks are definitely fraud. Hard lesson learned. I'm going to call my local police too although I'm in CT so I don't know what they will be able to do.
Ri
  13th of Nov, 2008
SO BOGUS !!!
I just got the 88.97 yanked out of my account today as well, there is no one to talk to about this, I CERTANLY never agreed to have them STEAL 88.97 from me every month !! " for the love of Pete "
I cancelled my bank account and told them I want to Report Fraud. I'im sure some very small 2 point font hidden in the bla bla it prolly said something about I need to cancel before 14 days-- I sure never seen it. IM VERY UPSET... I would like to bust thier teeth they will not need the product they will need new teeth !! argh ...
  18th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me. I called to cancel today and got hung up on. I sent the package back but my mother had opened it and it came back. saying I had to pay $1.83 to send it back.
Me
  22nd of Nov, 2008
i just signed up for a 20 day free trial. and i just recieved another shipment, for 88.97. and i didnt order this and tghey wont take it back, but that they would cancel my membership. that i didnt sign up for. there has got to be something that we can do to stop themsu from doing this to us and other people. because at $ 88.97 a month from every person that they do this to. they are making alot of money the wrong way. they are perposely ripping us off and other people. this is so so wrong.at first they only charge you $ 5.99 for a 20 day trial. and then the very next month they turnv around and charge us $ 88.97 for the same thing. tell me how that is right. its not right. it is very wrong, and somthing needs to be done. thanks forv your time. please email me back if there is anything that we can do to get our money back.
Sh
  22nd of Nov, 2008
THEY ARE horrible!
I NEVER EVEN RECEIVED MY TRIAL, AND THEY SAID THAT THEY MAILED THE ITEMS TO ME, THEY DIDNT RETURN MY EMAILS AND THEN SAID THAT IT WAS DELIVERED TO MY ADDRESS BUT THERE WAS NO HOUSE NUMBER? I WANT TO START A CIVIL LAW SUIT... HELP ANYONE??
  1st of Dec, 2008

Celebrity Brites - tooth whitening
Lake Country Real Estate
P. O. Box 1315
Graham
Texas
Phone: 940-549-4445
cwh49@sbcglobal.net

I ordered a trial of teeth whitening, and they kept sending me the same thing and charging my credit card for $88 without my permission.
  3rd of Dec, 2008

Celebrity Brites - need to return product but cannot find address for this company.
Celebrity Brites
14368 West Jackson, Tekonsha, Mi 49092
Tekonsha
Phone: 517-767-4250

I received the free trial, telling that the next purchase would cost $88.97.
I decided I could not afford this much each month, so tried twice to call them.. When my Visa bill arrived they had billed me for the $88.97. I tried calling the 1-866-360-1477 number and explained that I wanted to return the whole product and get a refund. They said I had to get on the website and would be instructed about returning an item. Where do I do this?????

Carol Adams
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I've been ripped off by this company and am trying to send the product back for a refund. Unfortunately I was going to use the same envelope and tore the address label off. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THEIR ADDRESS...THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Ha
  8th of Dec, 2008

Celebrity Brites - took money off my card
Celebrity Brites
1241 broad st
Niles
Phone: 269-687-2790
nana4_49120@yahoo.com

Yes I'm very upset with you people taking my money off my card without my permission I never agreed for $88.97 to be taking from me I agreed to the free trail period and I would like for you to refund my card as soon as possible. This seems to me that this program is a scam and I want my money know. thank you Harriet please reply soon
Na
  19th of Dec, 2008

Celebrity Brites - tooth whitening
Celebrite Brites
Midland
Phone: 9898375430
hallhugh@sbcglobal.net

Celebrity Brites sent me a sample of their teeth whitening product. I did not ask to receive anymore nor was I asked to call a number (which they don't have to say I didn't want anymore.

This is a large amount on my bill $88.97. How do I get this off of my credit card bill.

Nancy Hall
Mi
  9th of Mar, 2009
Charged without my permission. Called to cancel. Still charged on my debit card. Had to get a new credit card to stop charges. Is there a class action suit I can be part of? Had three unathourized charges of 88.17 each.