Celebration World Resort / possible fraud The annual budget

1 UPDATEKissimmee, FL, United States Review updated:

Celebration World Resort . They will not list the taxes on the amount on the annual budget. Each year the annual budget says real estate taxes N/A see notes. The notes say you will be billed for taxes at a later date. FOR 2 YEARS I HAVE ASKED FOR AN ACCOUNTING. By the way they are adding tax amount into the Hoa fee or so they say my Hoa fees havent been right yet! and telling you that you will get a tax bill later. I fell for this crap last year. I took a stand this year and told them I would not pay until I got a correct accounting. I paid them last year and never got an accounting our a tax bill. I am not sure if I should pay them the correct amount for my HOA . THis is really a battle that is set in there favor I told them I would pay the correct amount and was told that they would not let me use my timkeshare. They reported me to a collection agency Concord. I sent in a dispute letter. I have asked them in the letter and by phone not to contact me. I am getting calls on my cell phone up to 5 a day. The collection agency wants about $800 dollars in collection fees. They say it per contract. I tell them I dont have a copy of this contract to let me see it. I am told I can not have a copy! Celebration World Resort, I called and asked for the accounting of taxes and condo doc by laws of the Owners Association. I was told that I would have to come there to see them.
HOW CAN I GET AN ACCOUNTING OF THE TAXES???? Anybody know of a good Lawyer

Comments

• Cr
      19th of May, 2009

UPDATE: possible fraud The annual budget

It looks like CRW is working with me. I am waiting now for a confirmation. It seems Concord Services Corp made the mistake in the billing. The Resort is sending over the tax bill and has wavied the late fee and collection fee. I would like to thank the staff at the resort for being fair. I love working with you & thanks for helping me deal with the billing mistake. Amed you are a jem. I will post again when I get my confirmation. Now, I am going to get back to the work of planning my stay.

13th of Sep, 2009

It Looks like CRW Celebration World Resort is up to no good! The OWNERS are being billed a 2009 Special assessment. When they are under a Developers Guarantee for the year 2009 for maintance & reserve. This means anything over the already way out there fees $ 1, 700 a year! If the manitance or expenses are over this the delveloper foots the bill. I am going to call the clerks office to set up an esrow account for the owners. I have asked the HOA for an accounting of the accounts no reply, I also ask how there could be a special assessment when the owners are under Guarantee. I also asked for Hoa members names so I could work with & get together with owners... I got a Reply that said they would not give me that info. IF YOU ARE AN OWNER AT CRW Please Contact me.

• Uk
      24th of Sep, 2009

Hi, I purchased timeshare at cwr in 2003. I live in the UK and although I have visited florida several times I've never been back to cwr, I just use my ownership to get RCI points. I have also had a bill for "special Assessment" which I do not agree with. I pay maintenance charges and taxes every year and as far as I was aware theses charges included an amount to be set aside for unit refurbishment so why can they charge it again. I certainly cant find anything about it in my original contract, mortgage agreement or title deed. I think their yearly charges are already high enough so I intend to dispute this amount. I would be interested if any one could give advice or information on this matter. Regards, Steve

• 44
      6th of Dec, 2009

Has anyone gotten anywhere fighting this special assessment? The best I could get out of CWR was another 2 months to pay it without a late fee.

• Fl
      15th of Jan, 2010

this resort is a scam bought back in 2000 with big promise, s of water park for kids horse back riding, just a all around huge resort.NOT THEY ADDED 3 OR 4 MORE BUILDINGS AND THAT WAS IT SINCE THEN.I live in florida so was told any time i was up i could use the amenities every time i come to the gate an tell them i am a owner they make you sit there for 15min or more when all you want to do is go to the club house right next to the guard shack .when you ask to talk to someone they act like you are a 3rd class citizen.thay now don, t even let the owners go into the club house main room, they have a sign saying sales staff only, oh wich was supposed to be set up with pool tables and stuff for the kids.more lies the last time i was in that room though they had a banner that said over 300 million in sales, well where is all this money going, i have not paid my taxes and maint fees in 3 yrs and refuse the tv in the main clubhouse is out of date they still have vhs players with old tvs.your mant fees where supposed to be used to replce every few years.well i have been waiting since 2000 for improvements, just recently stopped by agin to see if anything has changed no the paint on the fence to the pool is chipped and worn and missing in some areas.they can, t even keep the place up.then i find out from other owners with floating weeks that when they call to use there week they tell you there booked, but if that same person call, s 1hr later and says they would like to come to the resort they tell them they have not been there before.they have room so that that can scam more people or go on line and they are runing it as a hotel on sites where you can get reservations.which is not bad for people who would be staing in a hotel, but it makes it very bad for all the owners who shoved out thousands of dollars to own a family vacation that you can, t get any respect for the money spent.they also lost there status of rci gold crown a long time ago.i took my dream, s across the street to mystic dunes and have had no broken promise, s, when i pull up to the gate as a owner i get treated with respect and let in.it, s nice to know that people still know how to treat people.ps still have celabration world resort any one want it cheap let me know.just feel sorry for all the people that live outside of florida and don, t know whats going on.some one needs to get with the clerk of courts and set up a escrow account so that the owners can pay there taxes and maint fees till they start doing what they where supposed to.in the mean time they will keep scaming and charging 800.00 in colletion fees from there own company.

• Co
      12th of Apr, 2010

I regret ever buying at CWR. We were fed the same lies about future amenities -- water park, stables, snack bar, 3 pools, etc -- which management claims no responsibility for since they said these were erroneous promises made by contracted "outside" sales people. Yes, the gold crown status was lost. The staff at CWR says it's because of the lack of amenities. RCI said it's because of the poor reviews the resort gets. It's no wonder since the place looks shabby. We stayed there in summer, 2009, and were dismayed to see missing tiles in the bathroom, holes in the wall where the towel rack used to be, and more. This is what they have to show for our astronomical maintenance fees (which climbed every year, reaching about $1300 in 2009)? We got ripped off with their special assessment too and this was just after we'd shelled out more money in an effort to cut our maintenance fees. That maintenance fees reduction scam was probably the worst yet (yes, even worse than charging us to convert from weeks to points).

When CWR contacted us last year offering, for a price, to lower our maintenance fees and give us more points, I was suspicious. We took a few months asking questions and considering the offer. I was pretty sure that we were about to be screwed yet again by CWR but couldn't figure out the angle. It wasn't until we were down there to sign this new agreement that the truth was revealed to us: We were paying them $5000 to downgrade our 3 bedroom lock-off to a 1 bedroom. Apparently the points system is now completely disassociated from the real property owned. How else can the 1 bedroom we now have be worth more points than the 3 bedroom we gave up? And of course as each year goes by, the points "cost" of trading into a resort, even my own home resort at CWR, will increase while my points "ownership" remains unchanged, thereby chipping away at their value. Still, we did it to save on maintenance fees, opting for their payment plan of paying half the fee up front and 12 monthly payments for the balance at no interest. Today, the latest bit of thievery from CWR: After making every monthly payment on time since we signed the contract in August, I received the monthly bill from Concord but the amount was $10 more than it should have been. When I called to ask about the error the staff at CRW told me the fee was charged because I'm not having the monthly payment charged to my credit card or automatically withdrawn from my bank account. I argued that automatic payments were not a stipulation of my contract and demanded the fee be removed. Of course, the person who has the authority to remove this charge is out of the office so my problem is unresolved. It's been one bad experience after another with this organization. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Who do we contact to get Joseph Dahruj and his crew investigated?

18th of Apr, 2010

Celebration World Resort Owners Unite

I live in Florida also, I would like to get all of the owners together in a group. I think together we can make change. We need owners on the HOA! My maintenance fees are 1, 700 a year. I want more say so in how and what our money is spent on. They rent out the rooms and hotel people get to use the owners property. What plus do we get for being an owner.. There are changes to be made. The nice thing about it is I have been in contact with the resort and I do feel they are ready to work with us. But I will need other owners behind me. We need to share with each other. Celebration World Resort Owners Unite! I have a facebook page also. www.facebook.com/pages/Celebration-World-Resort-Owners-Unite/112124072153796
    Please contact me with your Name address and email. WE need to be heard!

18th of Apr, 2010

www.facebook.com/pages/Celebration-World-Resort-Owners-Unite/112124072153796

Come share and get to know other owners.

• De
      21st of Jun, 2010

Celebration World Resort is a TRUE SCAM, I don't recommend anyone to this resort, their customer service is horrific and I got billed for the same fees, and when asked for an invoice or bill, they said there is no way we can give this information and they hung up on me. They are out to get owner's money. Our Timeshare is paid off in full and we get no respect or coroperation. NEVER NEVER put your money into this company, it will be a lost on your investment.

• Ri
      15th of Apr, 2011

I would like to see some upgrades to the resort with our maintenance fees.

• Ti
      14th of Jan, 2013

Since Festiva "aquired" Celebration World they have changed the amount of points sent to RCI from the owners that converted to the points system. We all paid good money and traded our larger unit to get lower maint. fees and more RCI points (written in the contract). Now Festiva says CWR gave us too many points and they will not send the contracted points to RCI and we are screwed again. Anyone know what we can do to preserve the terms of our contract?

• Da
      5th of Mar, 2013

I'm a victim of this scam as well, bought this in 1999 with the same promises and its 2013 and they have not added much and the worse thing is you call to reserve and they have nothing available!!! SCAM we should do a class-act law suit against them and see what happens. I'm just disgusted with it all !!

• Cm
      30th of Jul, 2014

We own a timeshare bought an expensive price from celebration cwr. We just noticed the loss of 100, 000 points annually! Can we say fraud??? If anyone has any new or helpful info please let me know.