Celebration Studios / Terrible service!

1 331 Newmans Springs Rd.United States Review updated:
Phone: 908-451-1121

Signed contract with my daughter for her wedding photo/video in July 2007. On Jan. 8, 2008 heard rumors there were problems. Have called and emailed repeatedly with no response. Paid in full. OUT OF LUCK??? Looks like they are filing for Chapter 11.

Va

Comments

Ze
  12th of Jan, 2008

They are out of buisness. Go to the yahoo group wrongedbycelebrationstudios. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wrongedbycelebrationstudios/ There is tons of information for everyone who has been wrogned!!!

Fr
  13th of Jan, 2008

They are in the process of filing for bankruptcy. I spoke with Mark Schwartz's (CEO) lawyer. He was the one I heard it from.

B2
  17th of Jan, 2008

CS was the head story on 6 ABC news in Philly last night [1/16/08]. The company's attorney confirmed the business has closed all locations and they are considering declaring bankruptcy. The reporter stated there is an Accent Studios operating out of the Philly office but she was uncertain if there was any connection. I can tell you it is the same owenrship. My sister booked CS for her May 2008 wedding; paid in full for the discount. She was contacted by someone named Scott from Accent who told her that Accent was the name Celebration Studios operates under in Philly. The PA Dept. of State has an Accent Studios, Inc. forming 6/18/07 at Philly's CS location. The attorney general in both PA and NJ are investigating the company. Here's a link to the news story and you can lodge a complaint with the attorney general's office here as well.

De
  18th of Jan, 2008
Celebration Studios - Terrible experience!
celebration studios
clifton
www.celebrationstudios.com

My husband and I were married in October 07, we paid over $3,000. Everything was going well with our pictures, until we were waiting for our albums to be completed. Now we know that they will never be done because the company has closed. All we want is our pictures back.

Sa
  18th of Jan, 2008
Celebration Studios - Double Billing
Celebration Studios
New Jersey
Phone: 1111111111
www.celebrationstudios.com

BEWARE!!! Looks like celebration is at it again...They just sent a charge THAT WAS ALREADY PAYED IN 06' to my parents credit card for $1150. We have the documentation that it was already paid in full!!!!

Shady Shady Shady....To anyone who has given them a credit card # CHECK YOU STATMENTS!!!!

This company will stop at nothing.

Ma
  21st of Jan, 2008

The exact same thing happened to us. We were getting the runaround about why our albums were not ready..I was under the impression they were being worked on ..but was being fed lies. I want my pictures and my money. I can't believe this happened to so many couples.

Va
  25th of Jan, 2008
Celebration Studios - Terrible experience!
Celebration Studios
120 Mt. Prospect Street
New Jersey
Phone: 973-227-0015
www.celebrationstudios.com

I am very upset about choosing Celebration Studios for my Wedding Day.I was given my proofs and wedding video. However, I had to give my proofs back to Celebration Studios on October 4th 2007 in order for my package to be completed. I was told that in 6 months my order would be completed and that I would receive my proofs to keep, my wedding album, 3-8X10 photos, 2 parent albums, and my 16x20 portrait. Now Celebration Studios are out of business and the owner is filing bankruptcy and I paid $4,190 in full and don't even have my proofs. I am thankful for my DVD, but I want what I paid for. Most importantly I want my pictures. I seen online that the owner of Celebration Studios plans on opening a new photography business, which I think will be impossible, but who knows--So beware!!!

Ma
  27th of Jan, 2008

My fiance and I entered into a contract with Celebration Studios for our May 16, 2008 wedding. We gave Celebrations a $1, 058 deposit which we will likely never see again. We were also contacted by Shani Wittemore of Accent Studios and she said they were taking over for Celebration Studios and that the studio in Philadelphia would not be declaring bankruptcy. Anyway DO NOT TRUST THIS WOMAN she is the girlfriend of Marc Schwatrz the CEO of Celebrations and apparently Accent Studios and Celebration Studios are the same entity; Accent has cashed checks made out to Celebrations and vice-versa. Shani Contacted me two weeks ago to say that day she was mailing out a new contract for my fiance and I. We have not received anything in the mail. We have been calling and emailing and have received no response. In fact the photographer we were working with called us to let us know they would not be working with accent as they do not have an infrastructure in place but all the same are accepting new clients and their cash deposits which is unethical and fradulent. I am writing this message because no one should have the misfortune of entering into a contract with Accent Studios. Good luck to everyone involved, hopefully all the brides and grooms will eventually get their photos; today I read that the NJ State Attorney General's office is going to seize Celebration Studios assets.

Ba
  28th of Jan, 2008

I have similar experience with CS. My wife and I spend over $4000 for their services back in 2004. Luckily we ware able to get our wedding photos and the albums but we never received our video. I hope that the NJ State Attorney General's office solves this matter ASAP.

Ta
  29th of Jan, 2008

I have been told my album was being worked on for the past 17months. They have my proofs too. I called often and got the runaround someone left... I just want my proofs back and my album if it is done.

Me
  30th of Jan, 2008

For any couples that had paid Celebration Studios for a photographer for their wedding in 2008 and are now wondering what they are going to do because they can't afford another $$$ chunk of change to pay another photograher, a couple of us NYC independent wedding photographers are doing a giveaway to one couple. See my blog for more details. http://blog.i-m-bitter.com/2008/01/free-wedding-photography.html

For those of you who are waiting for your photos, the word on the professional forums is that some of the photographers still have the files backed up from the wedding day, and so once the dust settles you can still get your images. It's messy, because by law, now that Celebration Studios has filed for bankruptcy, the wedding images are assets of the company so if the photographer gives them directly to you, then they can get sued. If I were in your position, I'd try to reach out and find your photographer just to make sure they still have your images, then I wouldn't worry so much, just wait it out. Hopefully everything will still get worked out. -- The other bad part is that some of the photographers are owed thousands of dollars in back-pay (from a couple to several thousand). So it seems that people on both ends have gotten a raw deal.