Cedar Creek Farms & Kennels / Beware!

Cedar Creek Farms & Kennels
Purchased 2 male Chihuahua puppies on 06/12/08 in late evening. By the morning of 06/14/08, both puppies are sick with diarhea and vomitting. Took the puppies to the vet and was told to transport them to the Veterinary Specialty Hospital as one of the puppies was in critical condition and would need round the clock care.

Vets state that the puppies were suffering from a Parvo virus and the more critical of the 2 had to have been exhibiting symptoms for a few days. I have now spent THOUSANDS of DOLLARS on these sick puppies I purchased from this 'breeder'.

When I purchased these 2 Chihuahuas, I asked how many were in the litter. Tim Smith told me they WERE the litter. I contacted him regarding the sick puppies. He stated how sorry he was to hear of their condition and then told me they had a little sister that he had put in with another litter to keep from being lonely and that none of those appeared to be sick. I responded questioning this conflict of information and have yet to get a response from him.

This guy is deceptive. I think he may be running a puppy mill under the guise of being a breeder. I will also be reporting him to the NC Dept of Agriculture, the Better Business Bureau of NC, the AKC and the CKC. Buyers beware before you become emotionally and financially committed and invested. Please feel free to contact me with any inquiries or you would like additional information.

D  24th of Jun, 2009 by
This "michael" person never bought a pup from me, especially not 2 pups. Beware of ara's (animal rights activists) postings. they make up lies about a person with no facts. they want you to eat salad, walk to work and adopt stray animals, beware indeed.
A  18th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also had purchased a pekepoo from Tim Smith. This male puppy was ill the same night we got him.We had to take him to emergency Vet and there he stayed for 3 days With over $800.00 in vet bills.He had the parvo, and tons of parasites, under feed and so on.Tim Smith stated I waited 2 days to contact him and that he would do nothing.I truly beleive he is running a puppy mill with all sick animals, I know of at least 8 other complaints filed against him and posted on the web site [redacted]. Please stay clear of Cedar Creek Farms and Kennels...Tim Smith...Smith farms...in North Carolina
A  18th of Sep, 2010 by
We also purchased a sick puppy from Tim Smith. $1000.00 in vet bills later we had to put the puppy down. He was infected with three different types of worms, refused to eat and was placed on IV's for three days without any results. The vets had drawn blood from every arm and as a result had to get samples from his neck. This puppy was a sight to be seen. Tim Smith stated that worms were normal for puppies. The vet has signed a written statement saying that the only way that this dog could have gotten this sick was by poor sanitation. (Oh and by the way the dog was supposed to have been "dewormed" twice already. The puppies appear healthy when you get them but they become sick after a couple of days. He has a contract that states you have 72 hours to basically trade your puppy in. Who wants to trade in one sick puppy for another, especially after you have fallen in love with the one you have. Also, if he wont do the simple things like ensure that the puppies are in clean living conditions then what other unforeseen problem are wrong with the dogs. Honestly, it is not about the money, but about the fact that there are other dogs that are living in these very same conditions. WE MISS YOU CHASE
A  29th of Sep, 2010 by
i had a litter of pups and he bought 2 he said as family pets yeah right he papered them as his dogs pups resold them this guy is a liar a scam artist and a horibble person
N  29th of Sep, 2010 by
if anyone has info on this guy feel free to email me littleladyluck@live.com

D  7th of Nov, 2010 by
I have had the same problem with this breeder! I bought a Chi pup from him about a year ago. The day after I bought him we were at the vet and spent hundreds of dollars on a respiratory infection and worms so bad that the night I got him they were crawling out of the chi butt. Also thinking of having a pet DNA test done cuz there is no way he is purebred chi. I am sure that CKC would have a huge problem with that!!! This guy needs to be shut down!!!
A  11th of Feb, 2011 by
I was also ripped off by Tim Smith...Cedar Creek Farms

Same as above..sick puppy that died 3 days after picking him up from Tim Smith.
D  26th of Mar, 2011 by
A  4th of Apr, 2011 by
this guy gets dogs cheap papers them resells them as his puppies
he also sells rabbits dogs mini horses
i know for a fact what he is up to i had had 13 people in 6 months contact him to "buy" a pup
he says he has parents he does not tell me if he bought two dog from me how does he have mom and dad they are sitting at my house right now
to people that would like a great quality of boxer for a fair price call me 9109902363
and if you have any questions fell free to call me
N  4th of Apr, 2011 by
sorry * cheap pups then papers them and resells
A  25th of Dec, 2011 by
I am posting this, not as a customer, but as the close friend of someone who purchased a Chihuahua from him 7 days ago. They have been trying to contact him for 5 days now after discovering that the pup had really bad worms that were causing his blood sugar to drop. The pup was having seizures and very lethargic. They received treatments for the worms and severe dehydration from their vet for several days to discover the dog dead this (Christmas) morning after pooping and vomiting blood through the night - he was a Christmas gift for a family member. When the "breeder" finally did answer the calls after being told that the purchaser would just show up at the kennel to talk in person, he said to him "My business with you is done." HOW IS HE STILL ALLOWED TO OPERATE??? Not only does he abuse and neglect these poor animals, he rips people off! I hope they do something about him, and SOON!
He can say these complaints are from animal rights activists, but I am inclined to believe that they are from real consumers! I saw, first hand, the same thing these complaints are reporting. DO NOT buy puppies from this kennel! Wish my friend had googled him before he spent $450 on this poor little sick pup.
A  3rd of Dec, 2012 by
Oh Stop lying Tim Smith!!! That's all you ever do!!!
A  1st of Nov, 2014 by
1st if anyone is buying the whole animal activist spill your dumb as ####. animal activist do post dumb stuff when it come to buying animals but there is documents going back far as 2008 an everyday since till now this man is selling sick dogs and I know it true because I have a brain...and a very close family member bought a pup from this farm where there name changes everyday tim sold my family a pup with worms so bad I don't know how she was alive. after hours past she became so sick took her back to vet and they wanted to put her down from parvo... All these people buy pups from this guy and all the pups end up sick full of worms and parvo . all there stories are the exact same thing..all I keep seeing is he is still selling dogs.. how do you get away with hurting animals, stealing money cause you don't give them there money back. how do you keep this going you been selling sick pups for 6 years that there is documents for. im sure he gotten away with it a lot longer. jail is where you should be. .

Brian & Rita Novello Logo Brian & Rita Novello