Cecil Whittaker's Pizzeria / Horrific service

1 Lin FerrySaint Louis, MO, United States Review updated:

I have a complaint about the Cecil Whittakers on Lin Ferry. First of all, the service in this restaurant is always horrific. Every time I call, I am put on hold for a good 10-15 minutes and when I finally do get someone to pick up the telephone they are rude, impolite, and ignorant. A few months ago I ordered pizza for my kids. I ordered the special for two large two topping pizzas, two appetizers, two cheesy garlic breads and pasta. The girl on the phone not only sounded like she was under the influence of some kind of drug, but she was completely rude to me and told me to 'chill for a second'. This is not the way I want to be treated as a paying customer. When the food finally arrived to my house, over an hour later, my kids, husband and I were all excited to eat our dinner. But when we glanced in the boxes not only were our pizza incorrect, but also so were our appetizers. They had completely given us the entirely wrong food and the food was even cold. This upset me for the reason that I had been waiting over an hour to receive something that I did not purchase. When I called back to talk to a manager a young girl answered the phone and told me that she was the manager. I knew she sounded to young to be a manager so I asked to talk to a real manager. When I got on the phone with a man, (who took my order) I told him what had happened. Then with an attitude I get the reply, 'Well what do you want me to do about it?' I told him I want my food re-delivered for free and right! The new food arrived in about thirty minutes. But when we looked at the pizzas they were burnt to a crisp. The mozzarella sticks had no cheese inside of them, our breads were burnt, and there was no bread with the pasta. So I called back again and asked to speak with the same gentleman that I had spoken to before. He told me that they had already sent me food twice and if I am unhappy with their service than to order from Imos. What kind of manager tells his customer to go to a different restaurant? I do not think I will ever order from Cecil Whittakers again due to my horrible experience.

Va

Comments

Je
  8th of Mar, 2008

I want to write and say that I have always gotten GOOD SERVICE from this Cecils and will continue to be a loyal costumer. My favorite special was the "meet the manager" deal. How about bringing that back!!!

Ci
  2nd of Apr, 2008

I had some of your complaints happen to me last night.

Ordered a pepperoni and mushroom pizza, with mushrooms and meat sauce for dipping. I received a pepperoni and sausage pizza, no meat sauce for dipping. Sausage gives me indigestion.

I was too hungry to call them back and wait another hour for food.

What is going on there? I like their pizza, but will never order from them again.

Ji
  3rd of Jun, 2008

"GOOD SERVICE???" Yeah if you call waiting an hour and a half for your delivery! Plus the people on the phone are always rude, like their doing me a favour! I use to order all the, but over the last two years the service has gotten so bad I just gave up. One more thing, the last time I ordered from there I placed a pick-up order (I didn't feel like waiting 1 1/2 hrs) and when I got there I couldn't believe how dirty it was! I guess that explains why their restaurant has a B or C rating! I WIIL NEVER ORDER FROM THEIR AGAIN!

Mi
  12th of Jul, 2008

Yes I agree with the fact that Cecil Whittakers by the library has fallen into a hole and is not going to pull itself back out. The food used to be really good and I absolutly just loved it. But now days it seems they always have to mess the order up. I went in there about two months ago and it was just horrible. The place was so unclean and there was a boy wearing a muscle shirt. I have worked in food i know this is not under the health code. Neither is the young girls wearing flip flop sandles and having hair in their face. I dont supose i seen anyone wearing gloves either. It is just bad. The place has gone down hill and im suprised to this day that they are still open for buisness. I actually called the Department Of Health because of my concerns.

Di
  25th of Jul, 2008

Were do I start, 3-4 years ago when i first starting ordering food from this place it was great! Very clean place, great food, all the staff had good attutides. I would get my food in a half hour at my house. What Happened!!! I ordered 2 times recently... all bad!!! First time it took well over an hour to get my food, wrong and cold it was. So i decided to pick up my food next. Holy cow that place was filthy. The girl who helped me was on her phone text messaging the whole time. Loud repulsive music was blaring. I waited 45 minuites for a phoned order. When i got home the pizza was wrong, burnt had a long hair in it. I will never go to that place again!!!

7th of Apr, 2011

Under new ownership now family owned and operated