cecil county family ymcaincongruencies about monthly fee for ymca teen membership

On June 20, 2018, I purchased from the Cecil County Family YMCA, located at 25 YMCA Blvd., Elkton, MD, a membership for my 15-year old grandson. I was registered by a YMCA rep, Denise, who informed me that the joining fee was $54.50, which I paid, and then signed an agreement for what she told me would be $19.00 per month withdrawn from my bank account, which has already started. Today, Karen, a rep from the Elkton YMCA, called me about some contact information for my grandson and during the conversation she told me that his monthly fee should have been $32.00 and not $19.00 and her manager just made the change in the system. I told her that this was not the price I agree to and she said she was sorry but the YMCA employee I had dealt with was new and had misquoted me the monthly fee. It is not my problem that the employee I dealt with was new and my agreed to monthly fee of $19.00 should continue to be honored, rather than a manager arbitrarily going in and changing the amount withdrawn from my bank account. I trust that this problem will be resolved and can be reached at [protected] or at [protected]@msn.com. I was thinking about joining with my grandson, but not have some reservations about joining. This is bad business practice, especially for seniors like myself who live on fixed incomes and try to support the good health of their family members.

Ho