CEC Solutions, LLC. / Rip off

8200 Greensboro Dr. # 900McLean, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866 747-4119

Well, up until now, I've considered myself to be a saavy consumer. I saw an ad in my local paper about being able to purchase a new, name brand computer, for about $29.99 per week. This program was also supposedly going to help re-establish credit. Well it sounded too good to be true. I signed up, paid the initial $99.00 fee, and subsequent payments of $64.98, twice monthly. Thus far, I have paid $488.00. Like everyone else, I've called to get a shipping date. If you can get to speak to someone after waiting almost an hour, you'll eventually get a run around. I don't think I'll get a computer, but will certainly continue to have my bank account debited, if I don't stop it. I'm going to file a complaint with the Dept of Consumer Affairs in Virginia, and California, where I live.

It should have occurred to me that this was a rip off, after all, the contract and website don't exactly describe the computer in detail. I notice it says a "Dell Upgrade" Does anyone know what a dell upgrade is? Also, it looks like a bunch of numbers and letters, and mumbo jumbo, and not real computers. Boy, do I feel like a dummy. BUYER BEWARE!!!
Ne

Comments

Me
  4th of Sep, 2008
its the same with me ive been 29.99 per week for 7months and have not got my computer. if this keeps up im getting a lawer and make them give my money back.
Bo
  30th of Oct, 2008
I have been taken by this same company i have talked to my bank and have disputed with them however i can only get 2 transactions from them i am too filing with the Attorney General in VA. Have you had any success in getting your money back?
Ch
  2nd of Nov, 2008
I have the same problem with CEC aka Guaranteed Consumer Funding in VA. Do not forget to contact the Federal Trade Commision about this company, They have $1058.68 of my money and I am going to small claims court soon in VA. There is a Class Action Lawyer working on this now. I have contacted Dell Computer's in TX media department to let them know how they blame them for back up orders, CEC told me they ordered the computer with Dell, I don't beleive they did, CEC tells alot of us this same story.
Ga
  9th of Sep, 2009
well like every one else on here, i keep getting the run around. they say you can't talk to a supervisor, that a supervisor is busy and can not speak to me. we made two complants in august and two this month because i guess they can not remember what the differance is on time 24--48 hours as a result they never call back. then they tell you they have not received your paper work. this is really sickening i am totally disabled, i do not get much money. it souded to good, i have been taught if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. what a sucker i am.