Cebu Pacific Airlines / overbooking/no seats available/refund

1 Davao city, Philippines Review updated:

I'm so frustrated with the service of Cebu Pacific Airline. You see, last march 25, we weren't able to go on board the plane because as the customer service said they don't have any more seats available. All of us lining up were so shocked with what they just said. All us...the 22 of us (people whom I don't even know) went directly to the ticketing office to make complains...and the guy in the office just said...We can't do anything about that. He said that our option will be to board as a chance passenger but we need to pay 4x the amount we paid before. And to be a chance passenger means its not sure thing that we will be able to board the plane. Heck! My mom is having vacation here in Philippines just to attend her family reunion and because of their airline's lousy service she wont be able to do that. Anyways, we opted to wait and be a chance passenger. Unfortunately, the next flight was still overbooked. 6 people who are in the same group wasn't able to board the plane together because there are only 4 more seats available. They have to choose which one to board. GEZ!
People in the airport said that there really are a lot of complaints in Cebu Pacific Company. It has always been like this. Whats the purpose of a confirmed booking( one in which we have already paid) if they are going to accept reservations of 180 to only 150 seats ?
We were still able to travel to our destination because another airline had a cancelled booking and got 3 seats available. Thank God! But bye bye money! We have to purchase another ticket which is less expensive compared to what cebu pacific is offering.
My relatives who are on board the cebu pacific, the same flight as ours can't believe with what happened. Because you see when they were on board, he said that the seats beside them were vacant. 3 VACANT SEATS! So it means that Cebu Pacific employees are LIARS!
To top it of, when were returning home..we were very early because what happened to us before might happen again. Just to make sure. But guess what? the flight was delayed because of some technical problems. We have to wait for more that 2 hrs. Our flight is due at 2pm and they said that we will be boarding the plane by 4:30...Sigh! When we are on board the plane, people kept complaining why we haven't moved an inch. Guess? We were waiting for 2 dumb people who had been shopping outside the airport!!! We were able to fly by 5:30...meaning we waited for an hour for 2 unconsiderate people.

A lot lesson learned in this event...but the best lesson there is is NO MORE CEBU PACIFIC FOR ME OR FOR ANYONE IN MY FAMILY.

Comments

• Su
      10th of Oct, 2010

overcharge/international airport
    sept 22, 2010
    my intenirary ycn9mn tue sept 21, 2010
    the tin number for the person who book us 000-948-229

Two of us got overcharge with the person international airport/ 6010 philippine money
    I would like to let the ceo knows about this happen not to overcharge
    please reply me i do have the copy of the itineray