Cebu Pacific Airline / service management (flight cancelled by airline yet charges are levied on passengers)

1 Philippines Review updated:

Travel Itinerary:
Flight Confirmation: Q947UG
Booking Date: Thursday, April 23, 2009
Status: Confirmed
Guest: Joel Basmayor
Flight No.: SJ509 (Manila - Tuguegarao)
Departure Time: 12:30
ETA: 13:40

Above was my itinerary flight schedule under Cebu Pacific after my arrival in the Philippines from working abroad. I was then waiting at the airport two- (2) hours before the scheduled flight until 13:30 but there has been no information provided why the flight was delayed. I was forced to approached the information counter to ask why the flight was delayed and I was told that the flight has been cancelled due to Weather COndition.

Thirty- (30 minutes) after the flight schedule yet there has been no information given to us/passengers who were waiting at the airport! Our inquiries were responded rudely by the information counter personnel who then shoved all of us back to the baggage retrieval conveyor to retrieve our baggages and who, as Cebu Pacific pesonnel at the information countersaid that another Cebu Pacific personnel would be waiting for us to answer all our inquiries. Thirty- (30) minutes after the schedule, the flight was cancelled by Cebu Pacifi Airline without proper information!

We were told that we could claim our baggages and then we could reimburse all our expenses at the airport such as Terminal Fees and extra baggage charges. I was able to reimburse my terminal fee but not the amount I have spent for the excess charges of my baggage which came out 18kl against the required 15kl by this airline. When I tried to reimburse my excess baggae charges, I was directed twice by Cebu Pacific personnel at the toilet right infront of the elevator! The same direction they told me about when I did ask the second time around: AT THE THE TOILET AREA!!! I left without being able to take back my money... and I left back to my province at Cagayan Valley disappointed by such service of Cebu Pacific!

When I tried to reimburse my ticket back at the ticketing agent at Aparri, Cagayan, I was also charged more than P700.00!!! What a shame on you Cebu Pacific for charging me such an amount when you were the ones who cancelled my flight! What I still don't understand is that why should I be charged for the flight which you yourselves cancelled? This is some kind of a sick joke from Cebu Pacific Airlines and a way of extorting money from your passengers/patrons! You should be ashamed yourselves... Other airlines didn't do this and yet you yourselves did this to us... This didn't happened to us while we were in abroad and yet you yourselves did this to us!!! Shame on you all Cebu Pacific!

This kind of extortion scam from your offices or from any of your ticketing agencies is highly unprofessional and I will make sure that this event will be known by other OFW and I will send messages by email so as to inform everyone what you have done!

SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE!!! WEATHER CONDITION WAS OUT OF YOUR CONTROL AND THAT WAS UNDERSTANDABLE BUT WHAT WAS HIGHLY UNACCEPTABLE WAS THAT YOU HAVE CANCELLED THE FLIGHT WITHOUT PROPER INFORMATION TO US (PASSENGERS) WHO WERE WAITING AT THE AIRPORT AND YET YOU DARED TO CHARGED US FOR YOUR SERVICES! HUH!!!

MANY OF OUR IMPORTANT SCHEDULES WERE AFFECTED AND MUCH MORE OUR FAMILIES WHO WERE WAITING AT TUGUEGARAO SPENT MONEY AND TIME FOR WHAT?????

I was more than willing to understand the reason why the flight was cancelled but I will never accept why your airport personnel didn't inform us and that you charged your passengers for the cancelled flight for your services??? If we were not able to catch the flight (no show), your charges is acceptable but when you cancelled the flight, you have no right to charge your passengers/patrons for such a situation!!!

Every business purpose is to earn but to extort money from people is a [censored]hole that your service is leading into!

Comments

• Ka
      23rd of Aug, 2009

Katulad ng sister company nila na Sun Cellular, wala silang paki-alam sa reklamo ng customer. Basta't kumikita sila, ok na. Hangga't walang consumer protection dito sa atin, palagi lang tayo lolokohin ng mga kompanya kagaya nila.

• Ic
      16th of Sep, 2009

I suffered a similar fate with counters in HKG. Same strategy by their call center reps and supervisor during a refund follow up call. Fyi, refund processing took nine (9) months before amount was credited back to my credit card. Full story soonest when I post my CebPac tragedy.

• Pa
      23rd of Jun, 2011

Cebu Pacific has the worst service in the Philippine Airline History. Their planes are always late and their call center agents, crews are not properly trained in customer service or in deescalating angry customers. I just had a bad experience with them today.

I’m bound for Bangkok, Thailand from Clark Air Base and I’m supposed to return after a few days to the same airport. Greedy Cebu Pacific Air oversold their seats and transferred my flight back to Manila. I live near Clark that’s why I booked on that location. They told me that either I accept that route or they can just cancel my entire flight and give me a refund. I guess this is their CUSTOMER SERVICE 101 course. This just tells you how unprofessional Cebu Pacific Staffs are.

Dear Filipinos or Foreign Tourist, there are other low cost airlines available so do not book your flights in Cebu Pacific air so you don’t get these bad experiences. I wanted to email them and the customer service people claims that they do not know the emails of their management. Cebu Pacific air just have very bad service. Once they take your money, they don’t even care about you.

Don’t even believe that they are always on time, because they are not. They are always late. Get this, Cebu Pacific air sponsored a contest before for bloggers to write something positive on Cebu Pacific air so they can bury the negative comments about them. So We the consumers will not see them…I encourage all customers who had bad experiences with Cebu Pacific to post your experiences in different blogs so people will know about it. Link them to other websites and put a title on your blog that says “CEBU PACIFIC AIR BAD SERVICE’ Let us warn all the consumers so they don’t have this kind of experiences.

• Ve