cd for 1.98 / charged for something did not order

1 850 horizon ridge parkwayHenderson, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888 210-2544

I am currently looking for assistance with my sons college expenses. I was looking for Grants and came across GRANT FUNDING SEARCH. They offered a CD @ 1.98 which was just the shipping and handling. But do not stress that they have enrolled you in there montly scam 69.95 which I had never authorized. I did not authorize the charge of 69.95. Came to find out they give you a window of 7 days to cancel something YOU NEVER ORDERED IN THE FIRST PLACE and after the 7 days are up they automatically charge your original card given for the purchase of 1.98. I did call customer service and basically told too bad that they can cancel at this point but the unauthorized charge of 69.95 stands. Seems there has been many complaints regarding this company why are they still allowed to do business and RIP PEOPLE OFF who are desperatly trying to find funds to help put there children through college. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Comments

• Ro
      15th of Jan, 2009

The same thing happen to me. I purchased the CD for for $1.98 to get more information on Grants. In addtion to this I ended up with 3 additional charges that were deducted from my checking account. One was f0r $69.95 from grant funding search, one was for 34.95 from a websave club and the last was for $7.95 from business fund. I called the number on the CD and the representative told me they only charged my account for the CD, websave club and the business fund. First of all I never signed up for any of that. The only thing I purchased was the CD and then they claimed that the $69.95 charge was notr from them. They are out to scam everyone that purchases that CD. There is nothing that states that you will be charged for additional memberships to other stuff when you complete the purchase. How can they take advantage of people who are strugling themselves. Obviously if some one is looking for grants its because they are in need of additional funds that they don't have. The lady said she was going to give me a refund for the 34.95 and 7.95 charges. She also said that to be assured that no more charges will be deducted from my account. I don't believe her after reading all these complaints. I am canceling my debit card today and requesting a new one. I'm not sure if I got scamed more then the rest but I advise you to look deeeper into your bank account statement. They had 4 different charges on my account with 4 different names.
    I want want my money back for all that was charged to my account from this fraudulent company!!!