CCS First National Card / Automatic withdrawals - no way to cancel!

I received this first national card in the mail. The instructions were to call the company to cancel if i didn't want their card. I tried calling, and calling but always got a busy signal. When i did finally reach a voice system it did not give me the option to refuse the card. I have not yet activated the card because i don't want it. I am continuing to call various numbers even as i am sending this complaint , trying to reach someone. Still no valid numbers. I am forced to close my checking account. I don't even know how this company got my checking account information in order to do an automatic withdrawal.

Comments

Ma
  16th of Jul, 2007

I have always been very careful about passing on my personal info to companies offering credit. However within the last two months I have applied for a Washington Mutual card... Big mistake: My email is now bombarded with credit offers, my mail box is full and to top it all I have been sent a pre approved card from CCS First National card. This is definitely a scam.

How can a trusted bank see no harm in selling their customers information. Washington Mutual should be exposed for this kind of practice.

I am now thinking of placing my business with a more trusted bank... but is there any?

I am disappointed and disgusted!

Lo
  28th of Aug, 2007

I just received a notification that i have been preapproved for this credit card, since i don t have any credit i felt kind excited at the first time, but i started reading the whole info they sent and for me was kind of suspicious that s why i search for some info in the net, the good thing i didn't call them to activate it, so thanks for the comments that u guys placed here cause it helped me not to get robbed.

Thanks again

Sincerely
Lombardo Felix

PS. Is there any federal Finacial Agency that regulates this kind of fraudulent companies?

To
  5th of Sep, 2007

I receive a card from CCS First National Card over seven years ago. I denied the card then and I am denying it now. This company is a total rip off. I did not activate the card because I heard rumors about the company and low and behold, they are sending me another. I will never trust this company and I warn everyone else to do the same.

Mi
  2nd of Oct, 2007

I know they got sued some years back by the FTC. Isn't there anyway to file more complaints against them. They say they don't use the BBB because it cost too much money. They say it's not a scam, if you ask. If your hesitant or it you have a question, they have an anwser for everything and at the end of the rebuttal, they sell hard.

Please don't activate the card. They will take for you for over $500.00.

Mo
  6th of Nov, 2007

Yes the folks above are telling the truth. I have been one of those that they have robbed out of money. I am still in the process of trying to get my money back. They told me I couldn't cancel over the phone so i wrote in and they cancelled. They refused to give me cash back refund. They just gave me 300 dollars worth of merchandise which sucked. I wrote in and cancelled the account. they sent me a letter stating that the account was closed and i would receive no other charges to my account. Its now November and they tapped into my account again. They are giving me the run around I have been talking to these people non stop. I filed a complaint with the FTC, I filed a complaint with the BBB, I filed a dispute with my bank., I filed a [redacted] which hopefully will deter anyone else from making the mistake that I did. I dont understand how they are still in business. I mean Im sure if they get a hold of people like myself who didnt think first, its easy. But from a legal standpoint they should be out of business due to unethical practice or something.

Ri
  13th of Nov, 2007

I just got a first national Card 1... I am one of the dumb people who did NOT read the fine print... I just got my *So-Called* credit cards in the mail... ( WHAT SHOULD I DO ) Should I Cancel My Bank Account Before Nov. 23 When First National Bank Takes Out Money For The Annual Fee??? If I Do, Can They Send Me To Collections!!! Please Email Me On Djcmike1200s@Yahoo.Com Thank You Very Much!!!

Pa
  13th of Nov, 2007

I have read this site and others. I have also been ripped off. I am 18 and my husband is 19. We both thought it sounded like a good idea and when I did research on the card I couldn't find anything saying it was a scam so I called and activated it. I then got the card and some more literature in the mail and found out things (like that there was a fee) that they said would not happen. I then called to cancel it. They said it was canceled, but I was still charged. I went to my bank and filed a dispute and I called again and told them to cancel and they told me they would not. I am now going to the Indiana District Attorney to file a complaint. If you could please send me your story at ptieche@comcast.net so that I have more than my story to take that would be greatly appreciated. And, I know I shouldn't ask, but your phone number so that they can get a hold of you. Maybe we will get our money back?

Thanks, Patricia Tieche

Re
  8th of Jan, 2008

I got online to see all the complaints and then saw a way to get out of these stupid mailings. read it on the consumeraffairs website. the number worked!!

Ga
  14th of Jan, 2008

I work as a transcriber and recently did some transcription FOR the company. After hearing the first two, I was amazed at what they were doing. It was clear to me from the beginning it was a scam, but can clearly see how they “got” people. One thing that I noticed with what I was doing was EVERYONE was with BofA. I’m sure that is not entirely the case for their company, but perhaps BofA customers went after them and they are trying to protect themselves.

One thing’s for sure, with one file that I listened to, their “reps” are relentless when trying to “activate” or calling to see what’s going on and how they got your information. but there are two levels.

The first level of cust. service rep just tries to get your info and if the “customer” isn’t compliant the cust. service rep says, and I quote “wait a minute, I have a great idea” and then suddenly they bring in the salesperson (second level) who is even more relentless to get your bank account info before they continue.

From what I can gather from listening to these calls, although they are correct in stating that they do not directly take anything out of your account and they are only charging fees to your “credit card”, what the customers fail to realize is that this credit card or cash on demand card is basically a shell. Anything charged on their credit card is immediately debited (via the “convenience” of auto payment) to your bank account.

It is very sad. The two numbers they offer to “cancel” are:

1-800-642-1760
1-800-279-6989

They are apparently “available” M-F 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.

Good luck if they’ve got you, and hurry to cancel BEFORE you get your “cards”.

Ga
  14th of Jan, 2008

And one additional thing YOU HAVE TO WRITE THEM TO CANCEL. (as someone noted above).

Bo
  16th of Jan, 2008

THIS COMPANY ARE ABSOLUTE CRIMINALS AND SHOULD SERVE SEVERAL YEARS IN MAXIMUM SECURITY PRISON FOR GRAND THEFT, ROBBERY AND FRAUD!!! IF U RECIEVE THE CARD CUT IT UP IMMEDIATELY DO NOT CALL THEIR # FOR ANY REASON AS IT WILL THRU IT"S RECORDING OR REP ACTIVATE THE CARD WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT. YOU WILL BE CHARGED SEVERAL FEES IMMEDIATELY IN EXCESS OF $500 THRU YOUR CHECKING ACCT OR ANY OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTE IN WHICH YOU ARE A MEMBER IN OTHER WORDS THEY WILL STOP AT NOTHING!!! THEY WILL CONTINUALLY BILL YOU FOR $99 EVERY 7 DAYS AND YOU WILL ACCUMULATE THE $99 FEE TO YOUR CCA OR CCS ACCOUNT FOR DIFFERENT ACTIVATION FEES THAT YOU NEVER EVEN INITIALLY AUTHORIZED!!! YOU WILL RECIEVE STATEMENTS IN THE MAIL FROM CCS (A.K.A) CCA ON WHICH YOUR AMOUNT OWED TO THEM WILL CONTINUE TO INCREASE IN THE AMOUNT OF $400 A MONTH WITHOUT EVER PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM THEM OR CARD ACTIVATION. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO STOP THEM AND SEND THEIR CEO TO PRISON PLEASE HELP!! EVERYONE WHO WAS A VICTIM NEEDS TO HAVE FREE LEGAL REPRESENTATION PROVIDED BY THE AGENCY WHO CAN HELP AND SUE THIS COMPANY FOR DAMAGES, MENTAL STRESS, DESTRUCTION OF THEIR CREDIT HISTORY, AND LOSS OF INCOME.! DO NOT CORRESPOND WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Lo
  23rd of Jan, 2008

jydty ### them knmds jhvegjuihi doiiue

Jo
  21st of Mar, 2008

thank all of you very much, i was going to activate but figured i check some comments first.again thank for saving my money.

Je
  29th of Mar, 2008

WOW I am just happy that I researched it before I activated the card. I just checked my mail and noticed I had a card from them. I just moved into my first place and I have no furnature no nothing. I don't even have a credit card so I was going to use this card well after reading all the comments their is no way in hell that I am going to activiate it. It even says that they will waive the fee and add that as additional credit towards my card. Thank you all for posting comments on here.

Jessica

Ma
  5th of Apr, 2008

Warning to all. This company does not let you cancel and they withdrawl money from your bank without you knowing they did. A friend of my husbands applied and thought it was a good thing to have in case he needed it. They took 200.00 from his bank account for no reason and he did not even use it.

De
  9th of Jun, 2008

I can not beleive that this is happening to me. I should have listen to my spirit. I didn't feel right about this when I activated the card but yet did it any way. I've tried callling First National card, and NEVER can talk to a real person, it's only a recording every time I call. They have all my information and that means my, bank information as well. I am so unsure to what I should do. Do, I close out my checking account? So, they do not take my money? My husband is going to be very upset, because he tried to tell me not to activte the card, and I did any way. How foolish I was for not listening to him. I hope that there is some way I can get all this taking care of before they get all my money.

An
  17th of Aug, 2009

I use to work for this company. If you have activated any cards with them, call and cancel. Make a note of it. Just to be on the safe side, close your bank account. I worked there only for a month. They treated us like dirt. If you couldn't get a certain number of approvals, you were sent home early. I hate this company with a passion. They are based in Las Vegas. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH THEM.