CCA First National membercard / Member card activation fee

I called to cancel this card well before the free activation period. Well needless to say they never cancelled my card and we was stuck with an automatic debit of $199.99 out of my checking account. Well when I noticed the debit I called customer service and told them that I cancelled this card a month ago. Well they stated since I hung up before everything went through, then that made me obligated to pay them for a card that has never been used. They stated that they will send me 3 $200 voucher. This is a total rip off.

Va

Comments

• Va
      23rd of May, 2008
    CCA First National Card - Scam
    CCA First National Card

I received a letter from CCA in December 2007 stating that I would get a catalogue. I signed up for it because I thought it would be good knowing I can choose furniture, all types of items for the home. I kept on track with the day they were looking to post to the charge to the acct. and waiting for the catalogue. I continued for 3 months to advise them that I never received the catalogue, even though they charged my acct in Feb 2008, in March I finally received the catalogue and it had absolutely nothing that I wanted. I proceeded to cancel the benefits and the card in Apr 2008. On May 5th they charged my acct $200. I quickly called my bank to advise them of the fraudulent act. They stated that they will recover the $200 and told me that I should close my acct because they could potentially continue to charge my checking acct. Consumers be careful.

24th of May, 2008

I also received this card and did research online and there are atleast a hundred warning about first national CCA, the first warning is that it is not even a master card, visa etc. When you call the 800 number all you get is a recording with some big long drawn out message and no option to speak to a representative. You can only purchase from there catalog which does no longer exist and from what other posters have stated was filled with junk that you could get at Big Lots for way cheaper anyways. So beware everyone and DO NOT sign up for this card if they haven't been shut down anyways. This is the biggest CC scam I have ever seen!