Cca (Collection Company Of America) / Fraud

700 Longwater DriveNorwell, MA, United States Review updated:
4.4
Phone: 1-888-472-4942
They have sent me a collection notice in the mail stating that I owe $27.47 on an XM Satellite Radio account. I called them to verify and all they would say on the phone was " would you like to use your credit card now please". So I called XM and they told me I had a $0 balance. This collection notice was odd since I have been paying in advance 3 months at a time. Now i have to find out how they are going to ruin my credit score... this is CRAP.

Comments

Je
  29th of Nov, 2008
I just Googled CCA because I keep getting messages from my answering machine asking me to call them back on an "important matter, " but they don't say who they are or what it's about. I've been getting these messages for a month now almost every day. I don't owe anyone anything so whatever they are claiming must be fraud. I don't know whether to call them and see what it's about or just keep deleting the messages. I guess I'd better call them if they are messing with my credit.
Ja
  24th of Dec, 2008
I recieved a notice of Collection from CCA -Collection Company of America- Says my account client is US ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.
Oringal Creditor was from SPRINT PCS...
Owe them $ 504.00. Don't know how I owe them this, never ever had sprint service of any kind in my life. This has to be FRAUD...How do you put a stop to something like this?
El
  9th of Mar, 2009
I recieved notice on the mail from CCA(collection company of america) they claim that I have an account with Verizon New England Inc. for 960.69$. I have my Verizon Fios acc uptade and I'm still enjoying my services. This company needs to stop scaming people.
Ka
  10th of Mar, 2009
The same thing is happening to me!! And Verizon says they cannot do a thing about it!! I have a $216 "collection" account, that NO ONE has a record of.
Al
  13th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I just received a call from CCA wanting to get a message to my daughter who is currently deployed to Iraq. I took the callers name, phone number and the "claim number" that CCA claimed was currently under review. I then asked what it was in regards to and what type of a company CCA was and was told that the information was confidential. I told them that I was not about to give my daughter any message unless I knew who or what it was about? The woman on the line then asked me why I was being so nosey! She then asked if I had my daughter's power of attorney while she was on deployment and I said yes. She told me to fax it to her and she would tell me what I wanted to know. No way, I'm not faxing her anything! She wouldn't even tell me what type of a company it was! I asked for her supervisor only to find out that he was just as rude as she was! The conversation ended with the "supervisor" telling me he would continue calling my number on a regular basis until he reached my daughter. If there is a debt that is owed, it is not owed by me. I don't appreciate their attitude at all! I will have my daughter check her credit to make sure it is correct. But they have another thing coming if they think she is going to call them from another country! She has enough going on right now. She doesn't need this BS too! Isn't there anything that can be done to stop this company from harrassing people? All the woman on the line had to say was that CCA was a collection company and I would have forwarded the message to my daughter and let her deal with her own business. It can't be that big of a secret, I found them online right away! They better not call this house again!!!
Up
  28th of Mar, 2009
I have been recieving calls from CCA for my daughter about a
closed account with Verizon . They won't sent a paper document of charges owed, nor would they itimize their charges. They say she must give a credit card payment over the phone or else they will add $400.00 more to her past debt. Verizon will not do anything to send original staement of actual amount due. This is plain extortsion and they are threating credit repercussions if the money is'nt paid!
upset father
Up
  28th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
cca is using tactics that in past history was known as EXTORTION, they are not honoral people. If they are the secound collection
company on a recovery of debt, they can not put false charges other than the original amount owed!
Ha
  22nd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
COLLECTION AGENCIES AREN'T THE ONES TO BLAME. THEY DO THIERE JOBS JUST LIKE EVERONE ELSE DOES. IF PEOPLE PAID THIER BILLS THIS WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE. AND BRUSH UP ON YOUR COLLECTION LAWS, AS PER THE FDCPA, UNLESS YOU CAN VERIFY THE PERSON WHO OWES THE MONEY'S SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH, THEY CANNOT DISCLOSE THAT THEY ARE A COLLECTION AGENCY OR WHAT THE MATTER IS REGARDING. SO THEY FOLLOWED THE LAW WHEN THEY REFUSED TO TELL YOU THE INFO YOU DEMANDED. KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU BAD MOUTH A GOOD COMPANY WITH GOOD EMPLOYEES. LOOK UP THE FDCPA TO PREVENT BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY A COMPANY WHO DOES NOT FOLLOW THESES LAWS, CCA DOES AND IT PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION FROM THE REAL FRAUDS.

SINCERLY, RYAN H
Mo
  27th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
While some people may intentionally ignore their financial responsibilities and end up having to deal with collection agencies, many victims of these vultures are just folks that ended up on hard times for awhile. In the meantime, the agencies use pressure tactics and harassment to badger them into making agreements that are often more than they can manage. A pox on your house, predators!
Fu
  7th of May, 2009
I really don't know where they found the imbeciles that work at CCA, they straight up lied to me on the phone blaming a vendor for not providing information within 30 days which is required by Federal Law. So now that I called the vendor they said that they don't have any information and that CCA has it. I faxed CCA the initial dispute letter and now 30 days later speaking to a superviser Ms. Jordan (another idiot) I find out that my letter was never received, even though I have confirmation that it went through. They illegally reported me to the 3 credit bureaus ruining my score after I have notified them in writing that it's an invalid debt. I guess next step would be a formal complaint to the attorney general. Illiterate ###s operating under some attorney's name. Learn the law!
Ch
  8th of May, 2009
I just recieved a letter from the CCA also stating that I owed Verizon $104 after closing my account 6 months ago. I spoke with a representative at Verizon and they told me that not only did I not OWE them $104, we dug around and figured out that they owed ME that money for an overpayment. I'll be pretty mad if CCA messes up my credit score. I'm going to dispute the claim today. I have spent over 2 hours this past week with the phone ringing at their company and only ONCE was it answered. Then that person said, "Can you hold?" and promptly hung up on me! Is this even a legit company? It's address is said to be 700 Longwater Drive Norwell, MA. Does anyone have info?
Ch
  8th of May, 2009
I just got off a conference call with Verizon and CCA that I insisted upon. They said this will be cleared up, the account returned to Verizon, nonetheless I wrote down each person's name that I spoke with. I am also sending a letter certified mail stating what was said on the phone to me, the dates and times I spoke with each person. I may sound crazy, but I will NOT have some company messing with my credit score. Once I actually spoke to a CCA representative they were very helpful. Sigh. Wish me luck!
Db
  18th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
THESE ### AT CCA REPORTED ON MY CREDIT ANOTHER FRADULANT ACCOUNT AFTER I DISPUTED A PREVIOUS ACCOUNT THAT MAJICALLY APPEARED ON MY REPORT. I CALLED EXPERIAN FIRST, THEY GAVE ME THE ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACCOUNT, THAT WAS AN ADDRESS I HAVE NEVER LIVED AT. I CALLED CCA AND FINALLY SPOKE TO 3 PEOPLE BEFORE 1 RUDE WOMAN HUNG UP ON ME WHEN I TOLD HER THEY WERE WRONG AND I DID NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH "ATT". SHE WANTED ME TO PAY THE $216.00 AND THEN SHE WOULD SEND ME A LETTER THAT SAYS I PAID THE ACCOUNT AND THE PHONE COMPANY MUST HAVE HAD THE WRONG ADDRESS WHEN THEY SENT THE BILL. WTF??? ARE YOU SERIOUS? I AM NOT GOING TO PAY A BILL THAT I DID NOT CREATE AND THEN TAKE A LETTER YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO SEND ME TO THE CREDIT BUREAU SO THEY CAN DELETE IT. THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY, RUDE AND VERY VERY DISRESPECTFUL. THEY WILL NOT GET OVER ON ME!!!
Ju
  9th of Jun, 2009
CCA Collection Company of America has placed several inquiries on my credit report and in addition they are associated with a utility bill and a medical bill that erroneously is on my credit report. I've now retained a firm to challenge their authority in producing my consent for inquiry and to prove the utility and medical bill are mine. How can medical bills be posed showing $0 due $0 paid but still on my report? Why do I have to spend money to get these people out of my life? Are they culpable for the $1000 per incident FACTA fines?
Bo
  16th of Jun, 2009
I received a notice from CCA Collection company of America stating that I owe XM Radio $155.40 I discontinued my membership 4 years ago and I also payed for my service with a credit card. There was no open account. I called them and they said that I XM radio only $11.55. I don't owe the anything. This is fruad, How do you stop or report this?
Sp
  19th of Jun, 2009
I received a letter stating that I owe on an old student loan. I gave them the number on the letter they sent after calling them and they wanted my social security number which I wouldn't give them. I asked them questions about the loan, like who was the lender, and they would tell me that it was the US Department of Education. Last I checked, they made laws, not loans! Anyway, this CCA company is a fruad, and they are trying to get information for identity theft and also trying for credit card numbers. Don't give them any information. They are checking credit reports on people and fiding holes in them then trying to exploit them. I was behind on my student loans about 3 years ago, but for the last 2 years have got them all caught up and nearly paid off. I asked the CCA person what my birthdate was and he gave me a completly wrong answer, he didn't really know who I was, just had a name and an address with a credit report. It's a scam, don't fall for it, just keep asking tem questions that they should be able to answer, and when they start to get nervous, they will say that it must be an error and they will erase it. After all my questioning, they told me they would remove the 5, 000 that they claimed that I owed them! Good luck, don't get scammed!
Ro
  21st of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
You debtors are the same.. Step into reality and pay our bills, and stop making up lies why you shouldnt! -Or have you been so crooked, for so long, you now believe your own lies!?
Fr
  7th of Aug, 2009
I just got a letter from cca saying I owe the US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION $7801.52. There is NO WAY I owe them this money cause I've been paying on this loan for the past 3-4 years now. I called the US DEPT. OF EDU and they told me I'm not in default on my loans with them and should not be getting this letter from CCA. My only concern is this collection company will notify the credit report companies and screw up my score. Who do I need to contact now to get this company in trouble for fraud and to make sure they didn't screw up my credit report?
  7th of Aug, 2009
I also am experiencing the CCA hell. I screen my phone calls so there may have been some attempt by phone to contact me. There were some messages on the machine that said they wanted me to call regaurding a debt but over the last two years there have been half a dozen calls for people with the same last name as me so I never returned the call. No I find out the ### put a unpaid debt on my credit report. I recieved nothing in the mail and have no recolection of a bill from anybody in the amount listed. This is the first blemish in30 years on my credit. I am not happy. After reading all this here I don't look foreward to talking to CCA and I suspect the charges are a mistake or something even more sinister. I have written the state atty. general. Good luck to all above except probable CCA employee RYAN H.
Mo
  21st of Aug, 2009
I got a message from them and so I haven't dealt with them yet. But I've been dealing with scammers like them for a while now, and the best thing I've done is once I get their address and their "reference number" I send a letter requesting a copy of the original invoice that shows that I have a past due amount to prove my debt. I send it by certified mail and save the receipt. (I also save the file on my computer.)

So far, 5 different letters sent, 0 responses, and 0 stuff on my credit report and 0 follow-up letter or calls.

EOS CCA Logo EOS CCA